Windows 10: Synaptics PS2 Touchpad - EdgeMotion Problems

Discus and support Synaptics PS2 Touchpad - EdgeMotion Problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all! So - short and sweet. I have a Sager NP7358 laptop running Windows 10. Synaptics has a feature for touchpads called EdgeMotion. It keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by icer22x, Oct 25, 2015.

1. icer22x Win User

Synaptics PS2 Touchpad - EdgeMotion Problems

Hello all!

So - short and sweet. I have a Sager NP7358 laptop running Windows 10. Synaptics has a feature for touchpads called EdgeMotion. It keeps the cursor scrolling when your finger reaches the edge of the touchpad. It's annoying.

I have the latest Synaptics drivers and within the software I have EdgeMotion DISABLED under the one and two-finger scrolling, yet the cursor still scrolls!

Anyone run into this issue yet with Synaptics?

:)

icer22x, Oct 25, 2015

2. Had to change palmrest. Windows thinks old ELAN touchpad is still installed. How do I get rid of old device?

Yup, and hardware ID definitely is synaptics (found here).

Can you run APPWIZ.cpl and see if Elan shows up in that list?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 25, 2015
  3. Error Message Began Appearing on 9/18/15

Hi Abdul -

I knew the problem was with the Synaptics "SynTPEnhService.exe" calling module. If I uninstall the driver for the Synaptics TouchPad, windows will load a MS a generic PS2 driver that works but does not offer the ability to turn off the touchpad when a HID
    USB mouse is detected. This was a feature of the Symantics driver that suddenly began throwing the error. The generic MS driver obviously does not throw the error but is not nearly as feature rich as the synaptics driver. Moreover, using the MS driver the
    touchpad is controlled by two pointing devices at the same time!!! I appreciate your post but unfortunately it hasn't resolved anything for me. The same release of the Synaptics driver that worked fine last week still throws the error but does disable the
    touchpad when the USB mouse is detected.

Captain Beefheart, Oct 25, 2015
  4. icer22x Win User

I've overlooked a setting in the Synaptics driver. There is a separate setting for EdgeMotion to fully disable it. Sorry to waste y'alls time!

icer22x, Oct 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Synaptics PS2 Touchpad - EdgeMotion Problems - Similar Threads - Synaptics PS2 Touchpad

2. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad: The touchpad of my hp laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday and when I check the device manager, at first it was not showing then I clicked show hidden devices then it showed but it's now showing that danger sign on it and i dont know what to do. I tried updating,...
  3. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad: The touchpad of my hp laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday and when I check the device manager, at first it was not showing then I clicked show hidden devices then it showed but it's now showing that danger sign on it and i dont know what to do. I tried updating,...
  4. Uninstalled Synaptics TouchPad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstalled Synaptics TouchPad: I uninstalled Synaptics PS/2 Touchpad Driver by mistake and am unable to install it back again. I am using HP Pavillion x360 and am on Windows 10 64 Bit20H2 I also went to HO support website to download it again but it only has the 1909 Version and I am on 20H2 so it...
  5. Synaptics touchpad sleep problem.

Synaptics touchpad sleep problem.: A bug I seem to be having with 2004 is after sleep I cannot use the touchpad to wake the laptop. I have a mouse connected but even if I disconnect this it still doesnt work. Ive rolled back the driver to the previous (working) one, clean installed the driver & disconnected...
  6. Uninstalled Synaptics Touchpad

Uninstalled Synaptics Touchpad: Hi! I accidentally uninstalled my synaptics touchpad and now my touchpad is delayed with the pointer ( if you know what is mean ). I can't seem to find the right solution to get it back. I tried searching the device manager but wouldn't work. Can anybody help me?...
  7. Disable Synaptics Touchpad

Disable Synaptics Touchpad: I have an HP Envy laptop running Windows 10. I use a mouse and hate the touchpad, but I cannot figure out how to disable it. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-synaptics-touchpad/d0e33c97-4c3e-4799-befa-f0a907cfc930
  8. Synaptics TouchPad Driver Problem!

Synaptics TouchPad Driver Problem!: So i updated my laptop to windows 10 (clean install) and after that update i started downloading drivers and everything went well and good until i tried to install my touchpad drivers because they for some reason are non existant even in device manager. In device manager...
  9. Synaptics TouchPad Problem

Synaptics TouchPad Problem: I know this is a known issue with Synaptic Touch Pads on Windows 10, and I am having the same problem as well, gestures not working. I have tried a lot of steps that fixed other devices, but didn't helped me one bit. I have an old Acer Aspire 2930 laptop. The software driver...
  10. Synaptics touchpad

Synaptics touchpad: I would like to mention that upgrading to Windows 10 on 2 HP laptops. On the one that is older which had the synaptics driver 15.3.29.0 the tapping worked fine, on the newer unit the driver was current with version 19. something. With attempting to adjust the synaptics using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pointing edgemotion

2. windows edgemotion

3. edgemotion synaptics

4. ps2 trackpad two finger scroll