Windows 10: Synaptics SMBus Touchpad - can't disable even when uninstalling

Discus and support Synaptics SMBus Touchpad - can't disable even when uninstalling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm ready to physically tear out the touchpad! I've tried looking all over the web to find out why I can't disable the touchpad on my HP Laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RG-PB, Dec 2, 2020.

1. RG-PB Win User

Synaptics SMBus Touchpad - can't disable even when uninstalling

I'm ready to physically tear out the touchpad!
    I've tried looking all over the web to find out why I can't disable the touchpad on my HP Laptop anymore when the USB Mouse is plugged in.
    I've tried going to settings no option appears, device manager to update and rolling back the drivers on my touchpad, uninstalling the touchpad, downloading the most current drivers, updating drivers with windows, using Control Panel to change mouse properties, NOTHING is working anymore.

I was able to find the box to click or unclick the "Disable touchpad when a USB Mouse is installed" in properties previously but that seems to have totally disappeared. Is there any help out there? THANKS! as my computer has become a pain to type on without the cursor jumping all over, or changes made to text because of my palm hitting the pad.

:)

RG-PB, Dec 2, 2020

2. Synaptics SMBus touchpad not in devices

Hello,

My Synaptics SMBus touchpad is not in the list of devices in the devicemanager. It has removed itself i think.

Of course the touchpad is not working.

Synaptics SMBus Touchpad - can't disable even when uninstalling a4207809-0f24-4bc2-8e7b-45a02c17b616?upload=true.png

Is there any way to add this again.

SimonVan Assche, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Synaptics - Pointing Drawing - Synaptics SMBus TouchPad - Error 0x80246002

Synaptics - Pointing Drawing - Synaptics SMBus TouchPad Driver update is available but not installing/updating

sudhakar uduthala, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad - can't disable even when uninstalling

Synaptics driver update for Synaptics SMBus ClickPad - Error 0x800f0248

Hi,

This issue may occur due to the outdated Synaptic Touchpad
    drivers. Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest Synaptic Touchpad drivers from the device manufacturer’s website and uninstall the Synaptic touchpad drivers and re-install the same again.

Note: Make sure you download and save the Touch Pad driver and installed it before uninstalling the same.

To uninstall Synaptic touchpad drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the Synaptic driver and select
      Uninstall. (Note: keep the latest installed Synaptic driver)

• Restart the computer, if prompted.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Synaptics SMBus Touchpad - can't disable even when uninstalling

1. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad - can't disable even when uninstalling - Similar Threads - Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

2. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad: The touchpad of my hp laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday and when I check the device manager, at first it was not showing then I clicked show hidden devices then it showed but it's now showing that danger sign on it and i dont know what to do. I tried updating,...
  3. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad: The touchpad of my hp laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday and when I check the device manager, at first it was not showing then I clicked show hidden devices then it showed but it's now showing that danger sign on it and i dont know what to do. I tried updating,...
  4. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Synaptics SMBus TouchPad not working on Windows 10.

Synaptics SMBus TouchPad not working on Windows 10.: My Synaptics SMBus Touchpad isn't working at all and I've tried updating the driver through the "Device Manager" but it still won't work and just says "This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. Code 24". I looked on the...
  6. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad Not working Properly

Synaptics SMBus Touchpad Not working Properly: Hi Uday Here , Hope every thing is fine out there. I don't know why my Mouse Pointer works in a weird fashion. Like for some time it works absolutely fine and after few minutes it will stop working for a while like about 2 minutes. I have seen a few posts in Internet on...
  7. Synaptics SMBus touchpad not in devices

Synaptics SMBus touchpad not in devices: Hello, My Synaptics SMBus touchpad is not in the list of devices in the devicemanager. It has removed itself i think. Of course the touchpad is not working. [ATTACH] Is there any way to add this again....
  8. Synaptics SMBus TouchPad driver update?

Synaptics SMBus TouchPad driver update?: Hi, I have just upgraded an HP 15-af156sa laptop to 1909 18363.815 However, the touchpad is laggy in that about every 2 secs the mouse response stops for a split second then off it goes again and so on The current driver is 19.3.31.31 but a support thread it should be...
  9. Uninstalled Synaptics Touchpad

Uninstalled Synaptics Touchpad: Hi! I accidentally uninstalled my synaptics touchpad and now my touchpad is delayed with the pointer ( if you know what is mean ). I can't seem to find the right solution to get it back. I tried searching the device manager but wouldn't work. Can anybody help me?...
  10. Update for Synaptics SMbus TouchPad not working

Update for Synaptics SMbus TouchPad not working: The latest Windows update included a driver for Synaptics SMbus TouchPad is not working. Version 19.0.19.70 does not work with my HP Laptop with double primary/secondary buttons. I rolled back to 19.0.19.69 which works. But Windows keep updating me with 19.0.19.70 and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable sinaptics sm bus touch