Windows 10: Synaptics touchpad doesn't work anymore on my HP laptop

Discus and support Synaptics touchpad doesn't work anymore on my HP laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I have a HP ProBook 430 G3 with Windows 10. After attempting to install the Windows Precision drivers, apparently unofficially(?), for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmarildoRajta, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Synaptics touchpad doesn't work anymore on my HP laptop

Hi!
    I have a HP ProBook 430 G3 with Windows 10.

After attempting to install the Windows Precision drivers, apparently unofficially(?), for my touchpad (which I had successfully done once in the past) my touchpad doesn't work anymore. I followed a manual installation procedure this time, by choosing the driver files in Device Manager. Only things that work are the clicky buttons and if I touch the touchpad in a very small area it does move the cursor, although in a weird, unnatural and useless way.

I've tried afterwards to install the specific Synaptics drivers for my laptop from HP's website, but it resulted in the same problems. Uninstalling the touchpad driver from Device Manager and restarting, does fix the problem in a way. But since it automatically installs a generic 2005 driver, the cursor movement is not smooth at all and there is no support for two-finger scrolling. Anyways, when I restart a second time, Synaptics drivers are automatically installed and the same issues resurface.

If I forgot to mention something or if I was not clear, just tell me and I'll try to make it clear.
    Thanks in advance!

:)

AmarildoRajta, Mar 20, 2019

2. Synaptics touchpad not working correctly

Recently my laptop (HP Pavilion 15) was repaired because the display was not functioning correctly. When I got my laptop back I reinstalled Windows completely. After installation my operating system was Windows 8. I immediately updated to Windows 10 and
    installed all updates that were available.

Using HP Support Assistant and Windows Update I updated all my drivers. Everything worked fine except my touchpad is not working any more. I can't move the cursor at all. I reinstalled the Synaptics driver(version 19.0.12.) multiple times but my touchpad
    still not works. Besides that the touchpad is also not listed in Windows Device Manager. Is there a way that I can fix/troubleshoot this problem?

Stijn van de Sande, Mar 20, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Touchpad Scrolling Not Working

Well, on my HP you can go into the Synaptics settings and enable and dis-able those features.

Don't know about the Alps touchpads, but seems they would have the same features.

95Viper, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Synaptics touchpad doesn't work anymore on my HP laptop

synaptics touchpad

My synaptic touchpad has disappeared from my Toshiba Satellite Laptop and is not listed on my device manager. How can I reinstall it? I have OS Windows 10

CarlosPortillo09, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Synaptics touchpad doesn't work anymore on my HP laptop

1. Synaptics touchpad doesn't work anymore on my HP laptop - Similar Threads - Synaptics touchpad doesn't

2. HP Touchscreen doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Touchscreen doesn't work anymore: Hello, my HP Laptop touchscreen stopped to work.Can it be connected with some OS upddates?Hardware driver is installed and enabled, hardware HP test doesnt react.Thank you....
  3. HP Touchscreen doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Touchscreen doesn't work anymore: Hello, my HP Laptop touchscreen stopped to work.Can it be connected with some OS upddates?Hardware driver is installed and enabled, hardware HP test doesnt react.Thank you....
  4. Touchpad stopped working synaptics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad stopped working synaptics: Hello, I have a computer with a synaptics laptop touchpad in a windows 10 version. It suddenly stopped working, I tried troubleshooting but nothing works. I have the updated driver and already restarted my device. What to do?...
  5. Synaptics Touchpad not working on HP laptop after windows 11 updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics Touchpad not working on HP laptop after windows 11 updates.: I have an HP laptop, serial number 8CG8360CFJ. I switched to Dev channel just for fun. But after some days I got a new trackpad driver update but it failed to install. Here is a picture of it. And after that my synaptics touchpad stopped working, and the application for the...
  6. Synaptics Touchpad not working on HP laptop after windows 11 updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics Touchpad not working on HP laptop after windows 11 updates.: I have an HP laptop, serial number 8CG8360CFJ. I switched to Dev channel just for fun. But after some days I got a new trackpad driver update but it failed to install. Here is a picture of it. And after that my synaptics touchpad stopped working, and the application for the...
  7. Synaptics TouchPad HP - Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics TouchPad HP - Bitlocker: Since enabling bitlocker I'm having an intermittent issue where the touchpad on my HP Envy laptop is not responding. I'm struggling to troubleshoot as when it's working device manager shows the touchpad as working ok and when it's not working it doesn't appear, just like the...
  8. HP Spectre x360 Synaptics Touchpad not working properly

HP Spectre x360 Synaptics Touchpad not working properly: I am turning to the Microsoft community for help after a number of days trying to resolve issues I am having with the touchpad on my HP Spectre x360 laptop. For some reason the touchpad is no longer scrolling, zooming, and the touchpad option menu under mice and pointing...
  9. SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING: Hello, i am going insane with this laptop, it's only 13months old and already had the hard drive replaced about 6 weeks ago, i am having trouble with the synaptics touchpad, the whole thing keeps disappearing so i can't scroll, when it does appear after start up i have to go...
  10. right click on my synaptic touchpad doesn't work

right click on my synaptic touchpad doesn't work: would be great if the right click on my synaptic touchpad worked. Was fine until I moved from win7 to win 10. 41118

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why doesnt my touchpad work anymore hp

2. why dosnt synaptics work on my hp laptop

3. synaptic touchpad working only on a small area