Windows 10: Synaptics touchpad drivers not working after upgrading to windows 10.

Discus and support Synaptics touchpad drivers not working after upgrading to windows 10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi i'm new to the forum. I just got this laptop (Dell Vostro 3558 i3), a few days ago i upgraded to windows 10 using the media creation tool. After the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nicky, Nov 5, 2015.

1. nicky Win User

Synaptics touchpad drivers not working after upgrading to windows 10.

Hi i'm new to the forum. I just got this laptop (Dell Vostro 3558 i3), a few days ago i upgraded to windows 10 using the media creation tool. After the upgrade, the touch pad works but I cannot scroll. I have tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them. When I upgraded there was nothing listed that went along the lines of synaptics in the control panel (uninstall).

I have tried installing the drivers of windows 10 and windows 7 from the dell website, what happens is quite weird, the installer says it installs without any errors but nothing happens, there is no synaptics program listed in the control panel.

Excuse me if I left any important details out but it is the first time that i have come across this issue and don't know what info I should give. I should also note that before I upgraded the touch pad worked along with the program of the drivers, now all I get is the usual mouse options and in device manager it recognizes it as a P/S2 mouse.

Thanks in advance

P.S. Sorry if there is a duplicate post but went through a few pages on google and couldn't find any threads that related to my issue and I even tried doing a few solutions.

:)

nicky, Nov 5, 2015
  2. Hami007 Win User

Windows 10, Synaptics touchpad settings lost on logout/reboot

I am having same problem with Synaptics Touchpad
    Driver
    in Windows 10 OS Build 10586.494.

My Touchpad is a PS/2 Port Synaptics TouchPad.

Driver version is 19.0.12.0 which is a compatible driver provide by HP for this OS.

My Laptop Model is HP Probook 4540s

I tried to reinstall the driver and also upgrade it to 19.0.19.1 but the problem is same. Usually when the Touchpad is off the orange light needs to remain on but it turned of after some seconds or a few minutes, after that Touchpad refuses to turn on by double
    tapping on disabling area. I need to restart the system to get the Synaptics TouchPad settings in notification area. Sometime one Reboot is not enough to get back these settings.

This problem starts after i upgrade from Windows 10 OS Build 1024 to Windows 10 OS build 10586.....

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Hami007, Nov 5, 2015
  3. Custom touchpad configurations in windows 10 - Synaptics

After I upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10, the advanced configurations of my Synaptics (touchpad provider) touchpad is no more available in mouse / touchpad settings section. Regardless of whether I install the custom drivers of Synaptics, or just go
    with windows drivers, the aforementioned configurations won't be shown. Therefore, the touchpad is activated with merely basic functionalities, and non of the other advanced ones such as horizontal/vertical scrolling, multi finger tasks, etc. My laptop is
    Fujitsu AH531. How to enable the advanced configurations of my Synaptics touchpad? Thanks.

MohamadQasabi, Nov 5, 2015
  4. nicky Win User

By the way I have also tried the drivers from the synaptics website.

nicky, Nov 5, 2015
  5. Life Win User
    Hi, Why dont you try installing the latest drivers from synaptics site manually?
    If this doesnt work, try updating windows to latest to get scrolling function.

Life, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Synaptics touchpad drivers not working after upgrading to windows 10. - Similar Threads - Synaptics touchpad drivers

2. Synaptics touchpad not working after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Synaptics touchpad not working after Windows 10 upgrade: HI there, I have an HP Envy laptop, running Windows 10. My touchpad has completely stopped working, even after restart. The Touchpad (Synaptics SMBus ClickPad) doesn't show up in Device Manager, until I hit View / Show Hidden devices. When I try to update drivers, it tells...
  3. SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING: Hello, i am going insane with this laptop, it's only 13months old and already had the hard drive replaced about 6 weeks ago, i am having trouble with the synaptics touchpad, the whole thing keeps disappearing so i can't scroll, when it does appear after start up i have to go...
  4. Synaptics TouchPad Driver Problem!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics TouchPad Driver Problem!: So i updated my laptop to windows 10 (clean install) and after that update i started downloading drivers and everything went well and good until i tried to install my touchpad drivers because they for some reason are non existant even in device manager. In device manager...
  5. After last upgrade-5/12/2019-Synaptics touchpad not working

After last upgrade-5/12/2019-Synaptics touchpad not working: After last upgrade-5/12/2019-Synaptics touchpad not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-last-upgrade-5122019-synaptics-touchpad-not/59de7d83-f934-4a17-a32e-4eef65b5aca6
  6. Synaptics Touchpad On Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics Touchpad On Windows 10: I use this computer for mainly gaming and i had a friend tell me that windows 10 was much better for me to game on so i waited the 5 hours it took from windows 7 to windows 10. Im left handed so when i play games i use wasd and use my right hand for moving the mouse. But...
  7. Synaptics touchpad

Synaptics touchpad: I would like to mention that upgrading to Windows 10 on 2 HP laptops. On the one that is older which had the synaptics driver 15.3.29.0 the tapping worked fine, on the newer unit the driver was current with version 19. something. With attempting to adjust the synaptics using...
  8. Latest Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Windows 10

Latest Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Windows 10: [img] Latest Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad Driver Download Page [img] Information Version: 19.0.19.1 Date: August 3rd 2015 For Windows 10 PS/2, SMBus, and IC2 Devices Release Notes: System enhancements 18282
  9. Synaptics TouchPad Driver - Failed to Install

Synaptics TouchPad Driver - Failed to Install: Hi all. I have a friend who is having trouble making his Toshiba Satellite L50-A (PSKLWA-004001), Touchpad work. He said it hasn't been working several months so he has been using a USB mouse instead. I first tried installing the driver from 'mytoshiba' and no drivers...
  10. Synaptics Touchpad not working properly

Synaptics Touchpad not working properly: Hello. Since upgrading to Windows 10, my touchpad is not working properly any more. It's not that the touchpad isn't working at all or that I can't move or control the pointer. I say it isn't working properly because, occasionally, one single tap is read as multiple taps,...