Windows 10: Synaptics touchpad mouse wont move but gestures are working and will indicate green mark in...

Discus and support Synaptics touchpad mouse wont move but gestures are working and will indicate green mark in... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently tried to change driver of synaptics to a different synaptics version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2rfwR-IV-c from this video of dave lee... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Surya Prakash Kesarwani, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Synaptics touchpad mouse wont move but gestures are working and will indicate green mark in...

I recently tried to change driver of synaptics to a different synaptics version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2rfwR-IV-c from this video of dave lee and also had a backup of my old driver if something went wrong. after installation and restart of pc i found that the driver is installed, my mouse wont show and will click at center of screen with mouse gestures of windows precision touchpad working but no movement, clicks are also working and in task manager it shows the green dot in synaptics service which means it detects movement but it isnt actually moving.

I tried to roll back driver, install the backup manually and even let windows install it from update but still it didnt fix the driver and its still shows the new gestures when on device manager having old driver without gestures. and in settings > touchpad it says i have precision touchpad still but i deleted the driver and installed the old one but doesnt work

:)

Surya Prakash Kesarwani, Jul 27, 2020
  2. joehara23 Win User

No Gesture Support with Synaptics Touchpad

I have a synaptics driver for my touchpad, which came factory installed on my lenovo flex 3, but the touchpad doesnt offer 3 finger gestures, likely to be the product of a conflict between windows 10 gestures and synaptics gestures. I love the 3 finger
    swipe up to task view and swipe down for desktop, but i can no longer get these. Does anyone have a fix for this? I installed the newest synaptics driver too, and have run troubleshooting. 3 finger gestures still dont work.

Tl;dr how do I get 3 finger gestures to work with synaptics driver and windows 10

joehara23, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures missing in windows 10

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    3. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer

See which version of Windows 10 you have
      ).

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10
    and check if this helps.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the section Troubleshooting when TouchPad does not work from Using the TouchPad or ClickPad
    (Windows 10)
    and see if this helps resolve the TouchPad issue.

For reference, you may also refer to the suggestions from ShivamKrishn dated 06-08-2015 from

Synaptics Device Settings not shown in mouse properties

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 27, 2020
  4. ruggb Win User

Synaptics touchpad mouse wont move but gestures are working and will indicate green mark in...

touchpad gestures not working

HP dv6-2150US, W10 home 1903-18362.239, Synaptic 19.5.10.79 date 4/16.19
    touchpad gestures are not working (specifically scroll).They are configured under Mouse. I updated driver from a 2015 version. no joy
    After a while I noticed Fct+Scroll and tried that == it started working.
    I restarted computer and it stopped working. Now Fct+Scroll does nothing.

The Touch Keyboard does not come up either when clicked.
    Ideally, I would like to make it work by default without using the Fct+Scroll.
    Otherwise, just make it work.
    thanks.

ruggb, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Synaptics touchpad mouse wont move but gestures are working and will indicate green mark in...

1. Synaptics touchpad mouse wont move but gestures are working and will indicate green mark in... - Similar Threads - Synaptics touchpad mouse

2. Touchpad gestures are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad gestures are not working: My keyboard gestures are not working. only one finger i can use, two finger and three are not working. i can not scroll down because gestures are very important in the touchpad. I searched a lot for it but i didn't get any solutions....
  3. Touchpad gestures are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad gestures are not working: My keyboard gestures are not working. only one finger i can use, two finger and three are not working. i can not scroll down because gestures are very important in the touchpad. I searched a lot for it but i didn't get any solutions....
  4. Synaptics touchpad wont work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics touchpad wont work: Product: HP Dy0004au Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit Build-19044.1503After 1909 then 20h2 and then 21h1 and 21h2 after these updates my touch pad wont work on my pc every time I have to use a wired mouse to operate. I faced this problem since 1909 update last...
  5. Synaptics touchpad wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics touchpad wont work: Product: HP Dy0004au Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit Build-19044.1503After 1909 then 20h2 and then 21h1 and 21h2 after these updates my touch pad wont work on my pc every time I have to use a wired mouse to operate. I faced this problem since 1909 update last...
  6. Synaptics touchpad wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Touchpad gestures not working

Touchpad gestures not working: I have a dell INSPIRON 5570Service Tag 9Y1LFP2After a recent hardware failure. I reinstalled windows and my touch-pad gestures stopped working. I did a lot of research but to no avail. The touchpad works fine but it isnt showing up in settings as a precision touchpad, even...
  8. Touchpad Gestures not working

Touchpad Gestures not working: I am working with a Dell Laptop Vostro 3885 running on Windows 10. I am having a hard time figuring out why my touchpad gestures scrolling, zooming, clicking on the actual pad isn't working. The settings indicate they should be available. Another thing is that there is no...
  9. touchpad gestures not working

touchpad gestures not working: HP dv6-2150US, W10 home 1903-18362.239, Synaptic 19.5.10.79 date 4/16.19 touchpad gestures are not working (specifically scroll).They are configured under Mouse. I updated driver from a 2015 version. no joy After a while I noticed Fct+Scroll and tried that == it started...
  10. Yoga 710-14IKB synaptics Elan Touchpad gestures not working

Yoga 710-14IKB synaptics Elan Touchpad gestures not working: I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling from Lenovo's website - no luck. I can't find anything that helps on Microsoft website. Please help!...