Windows 10: synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad, even though it says...

Discus and support synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad, even though it says... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had my computer wiped and windows 10 reinstalled. Everything works fine except for the touchpad -- I can click and move the pointer just fine but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TYGERKILLS, Mar 3, 2019.

1. synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad, even though it says...

I had my computer wiped and windows 10 reinstalled. Everything works fine except for the touchpad -- I can click and move the pointer just fine but I cannot scroll even though in my mouse configuration it says it is enabled and it even "detects" my attempts to use the scrolling option, it just won't scroll.

synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad, even though it says... [​IMG]

I'm convinced this might be a driver issue (the configuration display is different to the one I used to have) but I don't know how to go about it. It's driving me nuts.

Details about the driver:

Date: 9/7/2015 Version: 19.0.15.2 Provider: Synaptics

I have tried disabling then enabling, "reverting" to a previous driver, and it doesn't work. I could really use some help directing me to a newer driver.

:)

TYGERKILLS, Mar 3, 2019

2. Touchpad Scrolling Not Working

Yes apparently Alps is instead of Synaptics for Sony.

I think you'll find a good driver for it here.

Keep us posted whether it solved your problem or not *Wink synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad, even though it says... ;)

(I just downloaded the Synaptic one for my laptop and discovered I have a scroll-wheel in the touchpad *Laugh :laughsynaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad, even though it says... :)

Black Panther, Mar 3, 2019
  3. SilviaJDM Win User
    Touchpad scroll not working, No virtual scrolling option in synaptics!

My laptop touchpad scrolling stopped working this morning after I updated my gpu driver. I went to the packard bell website and looked at the touchpad drivers for my laptop. There is a synaptics one and a elan one.

synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad, even though it says... [​IMG]

I have them both installed on my laptop but it still isn't working and there is still no virtual scrolling option in synaptics. These are the options that I have in the synaptics settings:

This is what it should look like:

What do I have to do to get the scroll trackpad feature to work again? P.S, when in device manager, even though there is an ELAN tab in mouse properties, Only the synaptics driver shows up under the mice section in device manager. Does this mean that the synaptics driver is replacing the ELAN and I need them both for the scroll to work.
    Thanks

SilviaJDM, Mar 3, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad, even though it says...

Touchpad Scrolling Not Working

Well, on my HP you can go into the Synaptics settings and enable and dis-able those features.

Don't know about the Alps touchpads, but seems they would have the same features.

95Viper, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad, even though it says...

1. synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad, even though it says... - Similar Threads - synaptics touchpad working

2. synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad: I had my computer wiped and windows 10 reinstalled. Everything works fine except for the touchpad -- I can click and move the pointer just fine but I cannot scroll even though in my mouse configuration it says it is enabled and it even "detects" my attempts to use the...
  3. synaptics touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    synaptics touchpad stopped working: Hello,I have an Alienware 17 RS with a synaptics touchpad Windows 10 home, version 21H1, build 19043.1586. Today, it stopped working. I have pressed Win+X, clicked "Human interface Devices", then clicked "Synaptics HID device", but when I clicked on it, it said that it was...
  4. Cannot Scroll on Touchpad

Cannot Scroll on Touchpad: I cannot scroll using my touchpad. I have Windows 10 HP envy. I have tried rolling back drivers and updating drivers to no avail. I can still click using the touchpad....
  5. Cannot Disable Synaptics touchpad

Cannot Disable Synaptics touchpad: First, I have reviewed all the relevant threads and followed all suggestions. HP laptop running Windows 10 Pro Ver 1909. There is no "Clickpad" or "Touchpad" button under my mouse settings. There is no checkbox to "Leave touchpad on when external mouse connected." I have even...
  6. SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING: Hello, i am going insane with this laptop, it's only 13months old and already had the hard drive replaced about 6 weeks ago, i am having trouble with the synaptics touchpad, the whole thing keeps disappearing so i can't scroll, when it does appear after start up i have to go...
  7. Synaptics Touchpad Reverse Scroll

Synaptics Touchpad Reverse Scroll: Hi, After the recent update my Synaptics Touchpad on my HP Laptop has reverted back to factory setting scroll. I changed the settings to enable the two finger scroll to reverse and now I cannot change the settings to my choice. There is nowhere in settings to enable me to do...
  8. Synaptics touchpad

Synaptics touchpad: I would like to mention that upgrading to Windows 10 on 2 HP laptops. On the one that is older which had the synaptics driver 15.3.29.0 the tapping worked fine, on the newer unit the driver was current with version 19. something. With attempting to adjust the synaptics using...
  9. Touchpad scroll not working, No virtual scrolling option in synaptics!

Touchpad scroll not working, No virtual scrolling option in synaptics!: My laptop touchpad scrolling stopped working this morning after I updated my gpu driver. I went to the packard bell website and looked at the touchpad drivers for my laptop. There is a synaptics one and a elan one. [img] I have them both installed on my laptop but it...
  10. Synaptics Touchpad Will Not Scroll (Windows 10)

Synaptics Touchpad Will Not Scroll (Windows 10): Hi! New to the forum...I just upgraded my windows 7 original install on my Toshiba Laptop (3 years old) to the Windows 10 Home Preview Build (10130 was installed). Everything appears to be working EXCEPT my touchpad will not scroll. It is a Synaptics V7.5 on PS-2 port. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad scrolling not working even though it says scrolling is on

2. touchpad cannot scroll for hp laptop even though its on