Windows 10: synaptics touchpad not working on lenovo yoga 3

Discus and support synaptics touchpad not working on lenovo yoga 3 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have this problem with my lenovo's yoga 3 pro touchpad that stops working, if i go to device manager there's a I2C HID device with a yellow warning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Leandro.B, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Leandro.B Win User

synaptics touchpad not working on lenovo yoga 3

I have this problem with my lenovo's yoga 3 pro touchpad that stops working, if i go to device manager there's a I2C HID device with a yellow warning sign, it says device cannot start code 10, when i try to disable device, end then reenable it sometimes it comes back to work but sometimes not. sometimes works after uninstalling the device and scanning for new hardware changes and sometimes nothing works and spend days without my touchpad... i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling lenovo's touchpad driver, i've tried using the windows generic touchpad driver but nothing is a definitive solution... any help will be much appreciated

:)

Leandro.B, Feb 25, 2020
  2. lx07 Win User

Really odd problem with synaptics touchpad buttons (W10 Home, Yoga)

I have Lenovo with Synaptics driver (the drivers for Yoga actually although I have X201) and have all these running if I look in Task Manager:

synaptics touchpad not working on lenovo yoga 3 [​IMG]

You should check here also:

I'd suggest to re-install the driver under his account and make sure the start-up item is there and afterwards the 5 or so processes are running.

I'd mention though that it should not be a matter of being administrator account - it works for my wife and she is not. It is worth a try though.

If not post the driver version you are using and we will see. I'm using this one (from Lenovo site)

3. WJonesy Win User
    Lenovo 3 Yoga Touchpad and Windows 10

I had the same problem.

First open the OneKey optimizer app that comes preinstalled with most Lenovo laptops. Click the Trash Can icon and click "Clean" button. This will clean the Registry errors.

Next, go to the
    Lenovo Support Page
    and locate your laptop under the "Yoga Series"

• Under filters for components choose "Mouse and Keyboard"
    • Under filters for OS choose "Windows 10"
    • Select the Synaptics Touchpad Driver and download it to your desired location.
    • Run the program
    Having completed the above:

• Type "Device Manager" in the search bar on the start menu
    • Open it the app and locate the "Mice and other pointing devices"
    • click the '>' and you should see "Lenovo Pointing Device"
    • Right Click and choose 'Properties'
    • Click the driver tab and uninstall
    • don't panic because the touch pad stops working (or if you have an external mouse to compensate)
    • Control-Alt-Delete and use Tab on the keyboard and highlight the power icon to the bottom right hand of the screen and restart.
    • Touchpad should be in working order.

WJonesy, Feb 25, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

DaveM121, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

1. synaptics touchpad not working on lenovo yoga 3 - Similar Threads - synaptics touchpad working

2. Touchpad stopped working synaptics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad stopped working synaptics: Hello, I have a computer with a synaptics laptop touchpad in a windows 10 version. It suddenly stopped working, I tried troubleshooting but nothing works. I have the updated driver and already restarted my device. What to do?...
  3. Synaptics touchpad wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics touchpad wont work: Product: HP Dy0004au Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit Build-19044.1503After 1909 then 20h2 and then 21h1 and 21h2 after these updates my touch pad wont work on my pc every time I have to use a wired mouse to operate. I faced this problem since 1909 update last...
  4. Touchpad buttons not working at all on lenovo yoga 3 1170 laptop running windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad buttons not working at all on lenovo yoga 3 1170 laptop running windows 10: Hi all. Need some help here regarding my touchpad. I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 11 laptop, and the touchpad buttons simply don`t work at all with windows 10. I tried to update the driver from "hid microsoft driver 10.0.19041.1" to "Synaptics 19.0.13.0" available on Lenovo...
  5. Lenovo Yoga 12 touchpad not working?

Lenovo Yoga 12 touchpad not working?: I have a Lenovo Yoga 12 on Windows 10 but the touchpad (including the nipple and the TrackPoint buttons) doesnt seem to be working at all? The touchscreen is working fine, but if I try the touchpad there is no response at all and there is no pointer mouse shown at all? I have...
  6. Lenovo 730 Yoga Touchpad Issues

Lenovo 730 Yoga Touchpad Issues: Hi! I recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 730 second hand, with a broken touch screen. It was working fine until the touch pad or mouse would get dragged to the top right of the screen, where I would see little white dots with crosshairs on them Touchscreen dots? I unplugged...
  7. SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING: Hello, i am going insane with this laptop, it's only 13months old and already had the hard drive replaced about 6 weeks ago, i am having trouble with the synaptics touchpad, the whole thing keeps disappearing so i can't scroll, when it does appear after start up i have to go...
  8. Need to Disable Touchpad for Lenovo Yoga

Need to Disable Touchpad for Lenovo Yoga: The plastic cover for the touchpad is damaged which makes the cursor jump around. I tried uninstalling the Lenovo Pointing Device and drivers several times. I have an external mouse that works fine but I'm unable to select to use this exclusively in settings. How can I choose...
  9. Yoga 710-14IKB synaptics Elan Touchpad gestures not working

Yoga 710-14IKB synaptics Elan Touchpad gestures not working: I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling from Lenovo's website - no luck. I can't find anything that helps on Microsoft website. Please help!...
  10. BSOD - Lenovo Yoga 3 11

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Lenovo Yoga 3 11: Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and hope you guys can help me. I constantly get blue screens on my Lenovo Yoga laptop. It started about half a year ago and I tried everything but nothing seems to work. I just recently reinstalled Windows 10 and after getting a BSOD again,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo yoga 3 pro touchpad not working

2. nu vot

3. yoga s940 synaptics elan

4. synaptics touchpad driver win 10 yoga 740,
  5. lenovo yoga synaptics deisabled,
  6. lenovo touchpad works and then stops working,
  7. why right click on lenovo yoga not working,
  8. synaptics elan download lenovo yoga 740,
  9. synaptics touchpad driver lenovo yoga 3 pro problem,
  10. lenovo yoga 3 pro touchpad not working properly in windows 10