Windows 10: Synaptics Touchpad not working properly

Discus and support Synaptics Touchpad not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. Since upgrading to Windows 10, my touchpad is not working properly any more. It's not that the touchpad isn't working at all or that I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tony910, Sep 5, 2015.

1. tony910 Win User

Synaptics Touchpad not working properly

Hello.

Since upgrading to Windows 10, my touchpad is not working properly any more. It's not that the touchpad isn't working at all or that I can't move or control the pointer. I say it isn't working properly because, occasionally, one single tap is read as multiple taps, and it has the same effect as if I had tapped about ten times.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks.

:)

tony910, Sep 5, 2015
  2. Germ6n Win User

Synaptics touchpad not working properly

SOLUTION:

Copy on Notepad the following:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Synaptics \ SynTP \ Install]

"DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade" = dword: 00000000

Then save with the name you want.

Then change the file extension from "txt" to "reg"

Then double click on the file created.

Authorizing changes in the PC.

Restart the PC.

Make the changes you want in the "Control Panel" then "Mouse", and then Synaptics.

Ready!!!

If you liked the comment, mark as "best answer".
    Best regards my friends!!!

Germ6n, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Germ6n Win User
    Synaptics touchpad not working properly

Botón derecho en el botón INICIO

Luego "panel de control".

Luego arriba a la derecha, cambiá la vista a "iconos" (grandes o pequeños).

Luego buscá "mouse".

No entres a Synaptics, cambiá primero la velocidad, y el doble clic del mouse.

Cambiá todo lo que quieras hasta que quede como te guste.

Después contame.

Saludos querido!

Germ6n, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 5, 2015
  5. tony910 Win User
    Yes, that is the version I have.

tony910, Sep 5, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, open your touchpad settings from the Control Panel, and adjust the sensitivity down for tapping to see if that may help. You may have to play with it for a bit to get it dialed in how you like though.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Synaptics Touchpad not working properly - Similar Threads - Synaptics Touchpad working

2. Synaptics Touchpad Settings Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics Touchpad Settings Not Working: So i have Windows 8.1 on my laptop, and for some reasons im trying to change my touchpad settings by going to Control Panel --> Mouse settings and there at the last tab where it shows device settings i go to that tab and then i click on settings, it opens for a second then...
  3. Touchpad stopped working synaptics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad stopped working synaptics: Hello, I have a computer with a synaptics laptop touchpad in a windows 10 version. It suddenly stopped working, I tried troubleshooting but nothing works. I have the updated driver and already restarted my device. What to do?...
  4. Touchpad stopped working synaptics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad stopped working synaptics: Hello, I have a computer with a synaptics laptop touchpad in a windows 10 version. It suddenly stopped working, I tried troubleshooting but nothing works. I have the updated driver and already restarted my device. What to do?...
  5. synaptics touchpad stopped working

synaptics touchpad stopped working: Hello,I have an Alienware 17 RS with a synaptics touchpad Windows 10 home, version 21H1, build 19043.1586. Today, it stopped working. I have pressed Win+X, clicked "Human interface Devices", then clicked "Synaptics HID device", but when I clicked on it, it said that it was...
  6. synaptics touchpad stopped working

synaptics touchpad stopped working: Hello,I have an Alienware 17 RS with a synaptics touchpad Windows 10 home, version 21H1, build 19043.1586. Today, it stopped working. I have pressed Win+X, clicked "Human interface Devices", then clicked "Synaptics HID device", but when I clicked on it, it said that it was...
  7. Synaptics touchpad wont work

Synaptics touchpad wont work: Product: HP Dy0004au Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit Build-19044.1503After 1909 then 20h2 and then 21h1 and 21h2 after these updates my touch pad wont work on my pc every time I have to use a wired mouse to operate. I faced this problem since 1909 update last...
  8. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad Not working Properly

Synaptics SMBus Touchpad Not working Properly: Hi Uday Here , Hope every thing is fine out there. I don't know why my Mouse Pointer works in a weird fashion. Like for some time it works absolutely fine and after few minutes it will stop working for a while like about 2 minutes. I have seen a few posts in Internet on...
  9. HP Spectre x360 Synaptics Touchpad not working properly

HP Spectre x360 Synaptics Touchpad not working properly: I am turning to the Microsoft community for help after a number of days trying to resolve issues I am having with the touchpad on my HP Spectre x360 laptop. For some reason the touchpad is no longer scrolling, zooming, and the touchpad option menu under mice and pointing...
  10. SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING: Hello, i am going insane with this laptop, it's only 13months old and already had the hard drive replaced about 6 weeks ago, i am having trouble with the synaptics touchpad, the whole thing keeps disappearing so i can't scroll, when it does appear after start up i have to go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Synaptics \ SynTP \ Install] DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade = dword: 00000000

2. Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Synaptics \ SynTP \ Install] DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade = dword: 00000000

3. windows registry editor version 5.00[hkey_local_machine \ software \ synaptics \ syntp \ install]deleteusersettingsonupgrade = dword: 00000000

4. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Synaptics \ SynTP \ Install]DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade = dword: 00000000,
  5. what does this command do windows registry editor version 5.00[hkey_local_machine \ software \ synaptics \ syntp \ install]deleteusersettingsonupgrade = dword: 00000000,
  6. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Install] DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade = dword:00000000,
  7. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Install,
  8. synaptic touchpad driver are not scrolling properly,
  9. te synaptics chiralmotion not working after upgrading