Windows 10: Synaptics touchpad options not visible

Discus and support Synaptics touchpad options not visible in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I got a new laptop but under mouse settings the synaptics option are not visible. I want to enable chiral scrolling like here but my issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RefusedRide, Feb 10, 2023.

1. Synaptics touchpad options not visible

Synaptics touchpad options not visible cPbDTbata_ZjAoFYLOhqZeGdhPMgDD-CKGxq9UNw9cU.jpg

I got a new laptop but under mouse settings the synaptics option are not visible. I want to enable chiral scrolling like here but my issue is as said different that I don't have a synaptics options tab in mouse settings visible at all.

https://preview.redd.it/t91qee9fs9h...bp&s=97a0a11c075e4c5ce2b66e4fb3aefc91ed651d67

Is there a trick to make this visible like changing a registry setting?

Thanks for the help

submitted by /u/RefusedRide
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RefusedRide, Feb 10, 2023

2. Synaptics touchpad - scrolling issues after Win7 to Win10 upgrade

Well, there's more to report.... and possibly progress, although with a slight twist.

A conversation in another thread with @Try3 led me to a guide he had produced here about searching for drivers (in this case for a touchpad) using the Hardware ID.

So I found the ID for my touchpad and went looking. I couldn't find anything through a search on the Synaptics site. But the search led me to one or two download sites (filehippo was the one I went to) which apparently offered drivers for this touchpad. I downloaded v.19.2.17.59 - and installed it.

To my slight surprise, and great relief, the touchpad works with this more recent driver. The good news is - it now also scrolls properly in the Win10 Start Menu and in Settings pages, and in the MS Store - all the UWP-designed apps where scrolling didn't previously work.

The weird news is that in Device Manager the touchpad is now listed as a Dell touchpad. The driver still shows as manufactured by Synaptics. But the Synaptics tab for additional settings (with all the options listed in my earlier post #9) has gone.

I suppose if I had followed @Bastet 's advice to try the Precision touchpad driver, something similar would have happened?

Anyway - I suppose this is a step forward, in that the scrolling problem is resolved. No help from either the Samsung support or Synaptics websites, but ultimately this forum has both identified the cause of the problem (UWP apps - thanks @jbcarreon123 ) and suggested a solution (thanks @Try3 ) albeit carrying a Dell label.

br1anstorm, Feb 10, 2023
  3. pyrakel Win User
    Synaptics touchpad V1.2 - no option for one-finger scrolling?

Hello,

I recently bought a Lenovo Y700 running W10. I am trying to get it set up the way I like and cannot find an option to use one-finger scrolling with my touchpad (two-finger scrolling is an option and works just fine).

I am updated to driver 19.0.19.1, but for some reason when I go to Mouse Properties it lists the driver version as 19.0.17.26. I'm not sure if this is related. Here are some screen caps of the driver discrepancy as well as the UI for the mouse, which has no option for one-finger scrolling. How do I enable this?

Synaptics touchpad options not visible 91801d1485969637t-synaptics-touchpad-v1-2-no-option-one-finger-scrolling-capture1.jpg

Synaptics touchpad options not visible 91802d1485969637t-synaptics-touchpad-v1-2-no-option-one-finger-scrolling-capture2.jpg

Synaptics touchpad options not visible 91803d1485969637t-synaptics-touchpad-v1-2-no-option-one-finger-scrolling-capture3.jpg

Synaptics touchpad options not visible 91804d1485969637t-synaptics-touchpad-v1-2-no-option-one-finger-scrolling-capture4.jpg

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

pyrakel, Feb 10, 2023
  4. Synaptics touchpad options not visible

SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING

Hi Leagyl

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor.

Take actions related to touchpad driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start) > Click Device Manager > View tab > Show hidden devices > Expand Human Interface devices > Right click on the touchpad listed there >

A. Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Properties > Under Driver tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

B. Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the computer's manufacturer > See if some driver is released for your model and OS > If yes, download that > In previous option, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall > Install the downloaded driver > Restart
    your compute

Vijay_Verma, Feb 10, 2023
Thema:

Synaptics touchpad options not visible

1. Synaptics touchpad options not visible - Similar Threads - Synaptics touchpad options

2. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad: The touchpad of my hp laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday and when I check the device manager, at first it was not showing then I clicked show hidden devices then it showed but it's now showing that danger sign on it and i dont know what to do. I tried updating,...
  3. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad: The touchpad of my hp laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday and when I check the device manager, at first it was not showing then I clicked show hidden devices then it showed but it's now showing that danger sign on it and i dont know what to do. I tried updating,...
  4. Synaptics Precision Touchpad Filter Driver option missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics Precision Touchpad Filter Driver option missing: with reference to my earlier post, i am unable to get any answer and i am running touch pad by enabling and disabling through the touchpad option in windows.https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/touchpad-moving-on-its-own-uncontroable/m-p/8319152... From past two...
  5. Synaptics TouchPad options

Synaptics TouchPad options: Hello all, My touchpad is Synaptics. I would like to customize it more; particularly, to scroll with one finger. Unfortunatelly I cannot find neither Synaptics tab in Mouse properties, nor Synaptics control panel separately. Could you help me, please? Product: HP Spectre...
  6. Uninstalled Synaptics Touchpad

Uninstalled Synaptics Touchpad: Hi! I accidentally uninstalled my synaptics touchpad and now my touchpad is delayed with the pointer ( if you know what is mean ). I can't seem to find the right solution to get it back. I tried searching the device manager but wouldn't work. Can anybody help me?...
  7. Synaptics TouchPad Problem

Synaptics TouchPad Problem: I know this is a known issue with Synaptic Touch Pads on Windows 10, and I am having the same problem as well, gestures not working. I have tried a lot of steps that fixed other devices, but didn't helped me one bit. I have an old Acer Aspire 2930 laptop. The software driver...
  8. Synaptics touchpad

Synaptics touchpad: I would like to mention that upgrading to Windows 10 on 2 HP laptops. On the one that is older which had the synaptics driver 15.3.29.0 the tapping worked fine, on the newer unit the driver was current with version 19. something. With attempting to adjust the synaptics using...
  9. Touchpad scroll not working, No virtual scrolling option in synaptics!

Touchpad scroll not working, No virtual scrolling option in synaptics!: My laptop touchpad scrolling stopped working this morning after I updated my gpu driver. I went to the packard bell website and looked at the touchpad drivers for my laptop. There is a synaptics one and a elan one. [img] I have them both installed on my laptop but it...
  10. Synaptics touchpad V1.2 - no option for one-finger scrolling?

Synaptics touchpad V1.2 - no option for one-finger scrolling?: Hello, I recently bought a Lenovo Y700 running W10. I am trying to get it set up the way I like and cannot find an option to use one-finger scrolling with my touchpad (two-finger scrolling is an option and works just fine). I am updated to driver 19.0.19.1, but for...