Windows 10: Synaptics Touchpad Reverse Scroll

Discus and support Synaptics Touchpad Reverse Scroll in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, After the recent update my Synaptics Touchpad on my HP Laptop has reverted back to factory setting scroll. I changed the settings to enable the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SaucySenegal, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Synaptics Touchpad Reverse Scroll

Hi,

After the recent update my Synaptics Touchpad on my HP Laptop has reverted back to factory setting scroll. I changed the settings to enable the two finger scroll to reverse and now I cannot change the settings to my choice. There is nowhere in settings to enable me to do this. There is nowhere in the I have searched on the web but nothing helps. Can you assist please?

:)

SaucySenegal, Aug 29, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Synaptics touchpad reverse scroll reverts on restart

FIXED ! Went to HP and downloaded latest version specific to my model (sp71867 not sp72120), ran it. Same symptoms as in post 2. Went to device manager, R click Synaptics, hit 'update driver', let me choose. Seems Windows Update was installing Synaptic Port Touchpad which enables setting up profiles and 3 finger press to open Cortana and overrides HP software at startup. Chose Synaptics Port Compatible Touchpad. After install, back to familiar windows with videos (instead of 'x') where I could configure 3 finger press, too, to open firefox instead of IE. Even had scroll direction in same direction as finger motion so no need to un-check reverse scrolling. See screens below

Synaptics Touchpad Reverse Scroll [​IMG]

selected driver will install and prompt reboot. System Tray icon loads, unlike before, offering easy access to settings until I'm happy and also fixed problem of no icon description when mouse hovered over any icon (like Vol). Ran Windows Update. NO device drive updates found, no reg or gp edit need. DONE !

mrgeek, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Synaptic touchpad scroll direction not consistently reversed in Windows 10

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and am having issues with the Synaptic touch pad.

By default, two-finger swiping on the touchpad scrolled like a Mac (i.e. the scroll bars move against the direction your fingers move in). That's the opposite of what I like, so I went into the Synaptics ClickPad Settings (via the icon in the tray), and into the Two-Finger Scrolling properties (the properties button "conveniently" doesn't appear until you focus the row), and unticked the "Enable reverse scrolling direction" option.

This worked, except for two problems:

1. Whenever I restart, the setting reverts. It's not being saved properly.
    2. In the start menu, and other metro-windows-8-tablet-tile-thingy-style places, it still scrolls in the wrong direction! (But things in desktop-land are fine.)

Any suggestions? Registry keys to tweak? Updates to install?

The machine in question is an HP Spectre x360, if that happens to matter.

Craig Gidney, Aug 29, 2019
  4. gavenkoa Win User

Synaptics Touchpad Reverse Scroll

Synaptic touchpad scroll direction not consistently reversed in Windows 10

From Internet:

Synaptics Touchpad V7.5 two finger scroll invert

Another source with same tips:

How to change two-finger scroll direction in Synaptics Touchpad

I didn't have Enable reverse scrolling direction in my Synaptic driver settings and @Dave solution instantly works for me without reboot.

Because my notebook is not supported by Dell for Windows 10 update I install Synaptic somehow and happy with that version: How can I enable two finger scrolling on Synaptic TouchPad in Windows 10?

Of course many thanks to Dave!!

gavenkoa, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Synaptics Touchpad Reverse Scroll

1. Synaptics Touchpad Reverse Scroll - Similar Threads - Synaptics Touchpad Reverse

2. synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad: I had my computer wiped and windows 10 reinstalled. Everything works fine except for the touchpad -- I can click and move the pointer just fine but I cannot scroll even though in my mouse configuration it says it is enabled and it even "detects" my attempts to use the...
  3. Lenovo Touchpad Reverse Scrolling

Lenovo Touchpad Reverse Scrolling: So I posted here a while ago about a problem I had with changing my laptop's scrolling direction. It was stuck on natural Australian scrolling and there was no setting to change it back. This is that post -...
  4. need to reverse scroll direction on touchpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need to reverse scroll direction on touchpad: My touchpad direction (scrolling with fingers) changes everytime there is an update. It drives me crazy. I cannot find a way to reverse it this time. Why does this happen?...
  5. Reversing Scroll on TouchPad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reversing Scroll on TouchPad: After the latest Windows update my touchpad has been stuck in reverse scroll. I would like to disable the reverse scroll, but am unable to. Going through windows settings does not even give me the option to disable/enable the reverse scroll on my touchpad. So far the only...
  6. Reversing the scrolling on the touchpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reversing the scrolling on the touchpad: How do I reverse the scrolling on the touchpad on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reversing-the-scrolling-on-the-touchpad/5ab677a5-c781-4629-a9a9-054e95588f94"
  7. Reversed/Inverted touchpad scrolling

Reversed/Inverted touchpad scrolling: Hello, I just updated my win7 to win10, despite several negligible issues, so far I'm rather content about it. HOWEVER there is one little, yet major problem I encounter and have no idea how to deal with; mentioned in the thread title. I browsed several options, lurked...
  8. Touchpad scroll not working, No virtual scrolling option in synaptics!

Touchpad scroll not working, No virtual scrolling option in synaptics!: My laptop touchpad scrolling stopped working this morning after I updated my gpu driver. I went to the packard bell website and looked at the touchpad drivers for my laptop. There is a synaptics one and a elan one. [img] I have them both installed on my laptop but it...
  9. Synaptics touchpad reverse scroll reverts on restart

Synaptics touchpad reverse scroll reverts on restart: Does this happen for anyone else? I don't like the two finger reverse scroll that windows 8 and windows 10 uses on default. I prefer that when I swipe two fingers down the page goes down, not up. I go to the synaptic settings uncheck reverse scrolling and it works as I...
  10. Synaptics Touchpad Will Not Scroll (Windows 10)

Synaptics Touchpad Will Not Scroll (Windows 10): Hi! New to the forum...I just upgraded my windows 7 original install on my Toshiba Laptop (3 years old) to the Windows 10 Home Preview Build (10130 was installed). Everything appears to be working EXCEPT my touchpad will not scroll. It is a Synaptics V7.5 on PS-2 port. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot