Windows 10: Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures control panel missing in windows 10

Discus and support Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures control panel missing in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This had happened to some of the users including me after any windows update but no worries, I have a solution for this which will definitely work:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Adarsh_M, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Adarsh_M Win User

Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures control panel missing in windows 10

This had happened to some of the users including me after any windows update but no worries, I have a solution for this which will definitely work:

Firstly, download the Synaptics driver SP93153 from the link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp93001-93500/sp93153.exe

Step two, just install the driver which will extract the Synaptics pointer setting software inSWSetup folder in the C drive Window.

Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures control panel missing in windows 10 81394a62-b629-43ad-b897-a506dac05e4a?upload=true.png

Now, go to sp93153 folder, Open the WINWDF folder in it.

Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures control panel missing in windows 10 63ab5f69-b2a4-4a4d-ad6c-924fb287fb9f?upload=true.png

Again, you need to open the x64 folder in it. Haha folder in a folder

Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures control panel missing in windows 10 f4849712-ac9f-46c8-b80e-49e9c2687281?upload=true.png

Finally, find dpinst.exe, just install it and get back your Synaptics setting.

Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures control panel missing in windows 10 45ad181e-e757-4c9f-a543-e7e7b487f2a6?upload=true.png

To check, go to control panel, find & click on the mouse setting, you will find theSynaptics pointing device setting, Yay!

Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures control panel missing in windows 10 7334bb61-1a02-4959-b4f7-cf3093c020b7?upload=true.png

Enjoy your scrolling, pinching features back.

Thank you!

:)

Adarsh_M, Jul 31, 2020

2. Where has my synaptics touchpad control panel disappeared?

Synaptics smbus touch pad on HP Pavilion laptop running windows 10 x64 update 1903

When the laptop was purchased it had windows 10 1709. the synaptic touchpad driver was the most recent and there was a control panel applet to change the settings of the touchpad.

Then came the feature update to 1903 accepted by me followed by a windows update of the synaptics driver. This resulted in the synaptics control panel software being deleted from control panel as well
    as the additional tab on the mouse applet

How can i get the touchpad control panel active again?

I was recommended to download a synaptics app from Microsoft store but i get an error downloading (only this) app

I have no problem with the driver and even the various default gestures function but I cannot access the touchpad control panel to make changes for my convenience

Thank you for any help on this issue

Mr. Keskar, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures missing in windows 10

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    3. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer

See which version of Windows 10 you have
      ).

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10
    and check if this helps.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the section Troubleshooting when TouchPad does not work from Using the TouchPad or ClickPad
    (Windows 10)
    and see if this helps resolve the TouchPad issue.

For reference, you may also refer to the suggestions from ShivamKrishn dated 06-08-2015 from

Synaptics Device Settings not shown in mouse properties

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 31, 2020
  4. joehara23 Win User

No Gesture Support with Synaptics Touchpad

I have a synaptics driver for my touchpad, which came factory installed on my lenovo flex 3, but the touchpad doesnt offer 3 finger gestures, likely to be the product of a conflict between windows 10 gestures and synaptics gestures. I love the 3 finger
    swipe up to task view and swipe down for desktop, but i can no longer get these. Does anyone have a fix for this? I installed the newest synaptics driver too, and have run troubleshooting. 3 finger gestures still dont work.

Tl;dr how do I get 3 finger gestures to work with synaptics driver and windows 10

joehara23, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures control panel missing in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Synaptics touchpad settings

2. Touchpad gesture settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad gesture settings: Hello! My gestures settings was gone and I don't know how to fix it, I tried updating the drivers multiple times, but the touchpad gesture settings was still not showing. the reset button was not showing either, I even tried to reformat my device but nothing happens.. i just...
  3. Touchpad gesture settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad gesture settings: Hello! My gestures settings was gone and I don't know how to fix it, I tried updating the drivers multiple times, but the touchpad gesture settings was still not showing. the reset button was not showing either, I even tried to reformat my device but nothing happens.. i just...
  4. Touchpad gesture settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Synaptics touchpad driver missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics touchpad driver missing: I installed Windows 11 on my HP Notebook and since then I have been missing Synaptics touchpad driver from my pc. I checked hp support site but there is no official driver compatible. I even tried installing the versions compatible with Windows 10 but none worked. Could...
  6. Synaptics touchpad driver missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics touchpad driver missing: I installed Windows 11 on my HP Notebook and since then I have been missing Synaptics touchpad driver from my pc. I checked hp support site but there is no official driver compatible. I even tried installing the versions compatible with Windows 10 but none worked. Could...
  7. Gesture on the touchpad is missing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Gesture on the touchpad is missing: I have laptop Acer Aspire E 14 E5-476G my touchpad gesture is not working after I have reinstalled the window 10 pro by bootable usb. how to fix it now? [ATTACH]...
  8. Gesture options are missing in touchpad settings.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gesture options are missing in touchpad settings.: I want to disable and enable few gestures. But when I go on setting page and I am lost because there no options to do so and I am pretty sure my laptop does supports gesture features. Please help me in that. It will be a great help to me....
  9. Touchpad Gestures settings missing under Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad Gestures settings missing under Windows Settings: Settings for my touchpad are awfully limited. On the previous laptop that I owned there was an extensive menu for enabling and disabling touchpad gestures. A search on this Windows Support forum yeilded a topic that directed you on how to update drivers within the Device...
  10. Where has my synaptics touchpad control panel disappeared?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where has my synaptics touchpad control panel disappeared?: Synaptics smbus touch pad on HP Pavilion laptop running windows 10 x64 update 1903 When the laptop was purchased it had windows 10 1709. the synaptic touchpad driver was the most recent and there was a control panel applet to change the settings of the touchpad. Then came...