Windows 10: Synaptics touchpad

Discus and support Synaptics touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I would like to mention that upgrading to Windows 10 on 2 HP laptops. On the one that is older which had the synaptics driver 15.3.29.0 the tapping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dsherman, Jan 10, 2016.

1. dsherman Win User

Synaptics touchpad

I would like to mention that upgrading to Windows 10 on 2 HP laptops. On the one that is older which had the synaptics driver 15.3.29.0 the tapping worked fine, on the newer unit the driver was current with version 19. something. With attempting to adjust the synaptics using the up to date driver there was real no satisfaction. I deleted it and installed the 15.3.29.0 driver and it works great..

Hope this helps someone...

:)

dsherman, Jan 10, 2016
  2. Spinnekop Win User

Touchpad won't work properly after installing Windows 10

I had to download the driver from the manufacturer website. Also had to enable synaptics touchpad enhancements in startup (it is a synaptic touchpad). works fine now

Spinnekop, Jan 10, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 10, 2016
Thema:

Synaptics touchpad

1. Synaptics touchpad - Similar Threads - Synaptics touchpad

2. Can't turn off tapping for Synaptics SMBus TouchPad on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't turn off tapping for Synaptics SMBus TouchPad on HP laptop: Hello, I want to disable tapping on my touchpad, because it keeps getting in the way when I am typing on the keyboard. I tried following various instructions online, but they don't work for me, namely because the option to turn off tapping doesnt seem to be there. When I...
  3. Synaptics Touchpad 19.1.3.6 has disabled 2 finger flick which was available in Driver...

Synaptics Touchpad 19.1.3.6 has disabled 2 finger flick which was available in Driver...: Synaptics Touchpad 19.1.3.6 has disabled 2 finger flick which was available in Driver Version 14.0.19.0. It used to work with the 14.0.19.0 and it doesn't have 3 finger press or 3 finger flick or 2 finger tap (for making right click)...
  4. With latest windows 10 update (8/2019), lost ability to adjust Synaptics Touchpad settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    With latest windows 10 update (8/2019), lost ability to adjust Synaptics Touchpad settings: I "fixed" this problem by going to Device Manager in the Control Panel. I went to Mice and Other Pointing Devices. I clicked on it and then on SMbus Touchpad. I clicked on Driver and then on Roll Back Driver. Then I restarted, when directed to by the computer. The previous...
  5. Synaptics Touchpad Reverse Scroll

Synaptics Touchpad Reverse Scroll: Hi, After the recent update my Synaptics Touchpad on my HP Laptop has reverted back to factory setting scroll. I changed the settings to enable the two finger scroll to reverse and now I cannot change the settings to my choice. There is nowhere in settings to enable me to do...
  6. How do I stop unrequired Synaptics touchpad driver reloading?

How do I stop unrequired Synaptics touchpad driver reloading?: Hello, my Lenovo 330S Win10 laptop occasionally misinterprets a right click for a left click so I decided to reload the driver. In Device Manager the Touchpad is listed under HID - compliant touchpad (no driver files are required or have been loaded for this device) before...
  7. Update for Synaptics SMbus TouchPad not working

Update for Synaptics SMbus TouchPad not working: The latest Windows update included a driver for Synaptics SMbus TouchPad is not working. Version 19.0.19.70 does not work with my HP Laptop with double primary/secondary buttons. I rolled back to 19.0.19.69 which works. But Windows keep updating me with 19.0.19.70 and I...
  8. KB4509478 Synaptics Touchpad Driver Compatibility Problem

KB4509478 Synaptics Touchpad Driver Compatibility Problem: I posted as a reply to <link> "https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/After-installation-of-Microsoft-update-KB4509478-Synaptics/m-p/7164381#M194726" and wish to bring this symptom to the attention of Microsoft. After installation of Microsoft...
  9. Option to disable tap to click in Synaptics Touchpad missing after Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Option to disable tap to click in Synaptics Touchpad missing after Windows update: With the latest update (about 1 week ago) that happened outside of the "Update Tuesday" update, the old way of disabling the tap to click for my touchpad is gone. The last "Device Settings Tab" no longer appears. There is no way to get to the one checkbox that I need to....
  10. How do I disable tap to click on Synaptics Touchpad following latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable tap to click on Synaptics Touchpad following latest Windows update: With the latest update (about 1 week ago) that happened outside of the "Update Tuesday" update, the old way of disabling the tap to click for my touchpad is gone. The last "Device Settings Tab" no longer appears. There is no way to get to the one checkbox that I need to....