Windows 10: Synaptics WBDI has a driver problem but troubleshooter can't find the problem

Discus and support Synaptics WBDI has a driver problem but troubleshooter can't find the problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a lenovo Yoga 520, and recently my screen stopped working (unresponsive with touch or pen). I went to Windows defender security to identify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nikivarela1, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Synaptics WBDI has a driver problem but troubleshooter can't find the problem

Hi, I have a lenovo Yoga 520, and recently my screen stopped working (unresponsive with touch or pen).

I went to Windows defender security to identify the problem, windows updates are all up to date but there seems to be a problem with the health and performance of the computer. I check the report and says there's a device driver problem, I run the troubleshoot and too issues come up: ''Synaptics WBDI has a driver problem'' and '' I dont see my device listed'', when i try to detect problems in any of the options, troubleshooting cant identify the problem.

Im still under warranty, but would like to know what are my options now. I need this problem fixed asap as I have projects in the process.

:)

nikivarela1, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Bree 424 Win User

Synaptics WBDI error

So my laptop updated last night and now I am having problems with my synaptics WBDI (fingerprint scanner). I tried troubleshooting and it said that there is a problem, but it can't fix it. Does anyone have any ideas? When I used the Virtual Agent chat
    thing it gave me different steps to try and fix it, but I couldn't follow the steps because I couldn't find all of them. It also suggested uninstalling the synaptics WBDI, but I'm hesitant to do so because I want to be able to get it back. I have the Yoga

Bree 424, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Synaptics WBDI error

Hi George,

We would like to know if you've checked the latest driver for Synaptics WBDI as suggested in the previous post.

We also recommend installing the latest Windows updates, please go to
    Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Apr 13, 2019
  4. ezgi_p Win User

Synaptics WBDI has a driver problem but troubleshooter can't find the problem

synaptics wbdi problems

I know this question has already been asked, but somehow I can't reply to it or any of the answers, hence the new question.

My Synaptics WBDI is not working. According to Device Manager error code is #10.

According to login settings, Win Hello is not available on my laptop, but I have used it the first day and once every time I tried a solution.

I have tried to update device drivers (even with a newer version made for another Lenovo), do all Win updates, update BIOS, removing device completely and re-installing. Every step has worked for one login and then it stopped working every time.

It is a week-old PC and I have done every single Win and Lenovo update there is.

My PC is Lenovo Ideapad 720S-14IKB (Type 80XC) Laptop running Win 10 Home 64 bit.

winver 1709 (OS Build 16299.371)

ezgi_p, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Synaptics WBDI has a driver problem but troubleshooter can't find the problem

1. Synaptics WBDI has a driver problem but troubleshooter can't find the problem - Similar Threads - Synaptics WBDI has

2. Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver: I have an older HP Elitebook laptop with Synaptics pointing device. The problem is that the Synaptics program does not start automaticly when the compures boots. Then the touchpad reacts to touches as if I would click the key and so I accidentally delete messages etc. I have...
  3. Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver: I have an older HP Elitebook laptop with Synaptics pointing device. The problem is that the Synaptics program does not start automaticly when the compures boots. Then the touchpad reacts to touches as if I would click the key and so I accidentally delete messages etc. I have...
  4. Synaptics WBDI for Lenovo Ideapad 520

Synaptics WBDI for Lenovo Ideapad 520: Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver not working on Lenovo Ideapad 520 after Windows 10 1803 UpdateHas anyone else experienced their Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver giving the error:This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this...
  5. Problems with win10 and synaptics drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with win10 and synaptics drivers?: Hi, so I got an acer nitro 5 but couldn’t get the synaptics driver to work (no trackpad settings in advanced mouse options) which made it impossible to disable palm check on the laptop so I couldn’t play any games that use simultaneous keyboard + mouse functions. I thought...
  6. Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver not working on Lenovo Ideapad 520 ?

Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver not working on Lenovo Ideapad 520 ?: Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver not working on Lenovo Ideapad 520 after Windows 10 1803 Update. Has anyone else experienced their Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver giving the error: This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for...
  7. Synaptics WBDI Driver (Lenovo)

Synaptics WBDI Driver (Lenovo): So frustrated that Windows 10 upgrade knocked out the fingerprint reader. I have tried every solution on the MS and Lenovo support pages. One Lenovo solution worked temporarily, but driver failed after 2 reboots. At this point I have totally messed up my laptop. Did a...
  8. Synaptics TouchPad Driver Problem!

Synaptics TouchPad Driver Problem!: So i updated my laptop to windows 10 (clean install) and after that update i started downloading drivers and everything went well and good until i tried to install my touchpad drivers because they for some reason are non existant even in device manager. In device manager...
  9. Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver is not working on lenovo Ideapad 520?

Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver is not working on lenovo Ideapad 520?: After windows 10 update 2019 i am not able to use the fingerprint scanner on my lenovo ideapad 520 which has inbuild fingerprint scanner and runs on driver which is synaptics wbdi finger print. it starts showing code 10 on device manager i have tied everything reg...
  10. Synaptics problem

Synaptics problem: Things were a bit dicey for a couple of days but now seem to have settled down and working properly. Thanks for your help!*Thumbs