Windows 10: sync account

Discus and support sync account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My friend and I bought new dell laptop at the same time. I have no issue using my gmail account to do the first time setup. However, my friend is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GL_78, May 17, 2020.

1. GL_78 Win User

sync account

Hi,

My friend and I bought new dell laptop at the same time. I have no issue using my gmail account to do the first time setup. However, my friend is having trouble to get pass having her gmail account recognised in the first time setup. Microsoft recognise the gmail account but it keeps prompting incorrect password. She has no issue using the same password to log into the gmail account. How do I solve this?

:)

GL_78, May 17, 2020

2. Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, May 17, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 17, 2020
  4. s427 Win User

sync account

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

Thema:

sync account

1. sync account - Similar Threads - sync account

2. Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ?: In the past month, I've been receiving unsuccessful login notifications from foreign IP addresses such as Chile, Turkey, the US, Brazil, etc. using IMAP protocol and web brower. The latest one was on April 22nd, with 10 unsuccessful automatic sync attempts from different IPs....
  3. Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ?: In the past month, I've been receiving unsuccessful login notifications from foreign IP addresses such as Chile, Turkey, the US, Brazil, etc. using IMAP protocol and web brower. The latest one was on April 22nd, with 10 unsuccessful automatic sync attempts from different IPs....
  4. I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?: As title says, today I was starting Windows and was in hurry and by mistake I chose that I do not want sync Microsoft account and Windows, how do I revert this change? I want those two sync'ed....
  5. I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?

I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?: As title says, today I was starting Windows and was in hurry and by mistake I chose that I do not want sync Microsoft account and Windows, how do I revert this change? I want those two sync'ed....
  6. Forza Horizon 4 doesnt give me a option to sync my xbox account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 doesnt give me a option to sync my xbox account: I just got Forza 4 on my PC from Steam i can log into my Xbox account but it does not give me any option to sync accounts so I have my username and tunes but no cars levels or story progress does anybody have a solution that worked for them....
  7. Forza Horizon 4 doesnt give me a option to sync my xbox account

Forza Horizon 4 doesnt give me a option to sync my xbox account: I just got Forza 4 on my PC from Steam i can log into my Xbox account but it does not give me any option to sync accounts so I have my username and tunes but no cars levels or story progress does anybody have a solution that worked for them....
  8. Microsoft account not syncing after login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account not syncing after login: Hello, i have not used my microsoft account until recently i decided to login to my pc in the settings and i think its not syncing correctly. #1 the profile photo is not showing#2 it is asking me to constantly login after a restart or a shutdown/power on as if i am setting it...
  9. Microsoft account not syncing after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account not syncing after login: Hello, i have not used my microsoft account until recently i decided to login to my pc in the settings and i think its not syncing correctly. #1 the profile photo is not showing#2 it is asking me to constantly login after a restart or a shutdown/power on as if i am setting it...
  10. Microsoft account not syncing after login

Users found this page by searching for:

1. give gmail account permission to sync device

2. how do i give google account permission to sync to my laptop

3. gmail will not sync on windows 10