Windows 10: sync account

Discus and support sync account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My friend and I bought new dell laptop at the same time. I have no issue using my gmail account to do the first time setup. However, my friend is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GL_78, May 17, 2020.

1. GL_78 Win User

sync account

Hi,

My friend and I bought new dell laptop at the same time. I have no issue using my gmail account to do the first time setup. However, my friend is having trouble to get pass having her gmail account recognised in the first time setup. Microsoft recognise the gmail account but it keeps prompting incorrect password. She has no issue using the same password to log into the gmail account. How do I solve this?

:)

GL_78, May 17, 2020

2. Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, May 17, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 17, 2020
  4. s427 Win User

sync account

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

Thema:

sync account

1. sync account - Similar Threads - sync account

2. how to sync user accounts on same computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to sync user accounts on same computer: I the registered administrator want to sync the administrator account with another user on the same computer. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sync-user-accounts-on-same-computer/e90ed5ec-dd53-418f-ae1e-26c762616c95
  3. Syncing guest data to Microsoft account - Microsoft Solitaire Collection Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing guest data to Microsoft account - Microsoft Solitaire Collection Data: I was unable to connect my system to the game services for a while so I played as a guest and advanced pretty far with coins\points\etc. Now that I am able to connect to the game services, my live account does not have my progress. However, if I login as a guest, I see all...
  4. How to fix Temporary Account so I can Sync up My Windows Account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to fix Temporary Account so I can Sync up My Windows Account.: I restarted my computer today as an update was needed. But now windows is telling me I don't have a regular Microsoft account that Instead I have a temporary account. Yet I had a Microsoft account and it synced before the update. How can I make my account not be temporary or...
  5. Wallpaper sync on 2 laptops with local user accounts

Wallpaper sync on 2 laptops with local user accounts: Hi I have an HP laptop which has always had a local User account. I bought a new Dell laptop again using a local user account and have been using that for the last couple of months. I just fired up the HP to have a look at something and then after leaving it in sleep mode...
  6. Windows Account Password not Syncing to Windows 10 Computers

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Account Password not Syncing to Windows 10 Computers: I have an office 365 subscription with six Windows 10 computers all running version 10.0.18363. Last week I changed the Microsoft Account Password which is used to access: https://accounts.microsoft.com/, Office365 and to manage logon to six Windows 10 computers that are...
  7. Syncing account problem

Syncing account problem: When i download a thing on one of my computers it downloads to both. They are signed into the same account. I want to know how to make unsync so i can have different stuff on different computer...
  8. Microsoft account and Minecraft not syncing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account and Minecraft not syncing up: We installed Minecraft today from Microsoft store on Windows 10 desktop computer and all is working great! This evening we tried to go online and download a skin my son wanted and upload it to our Minecraft.net account... The problem is we didn't create a Minecraft.net...
  9. Mail and People App won't sync to my Icloud Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and People App won't sync to my Icloud Account: Hello, I am trying to sync my contacts, calanders, and email from my Icloud to my windows mail and people apps. I checked for updates already and restarted my computer. I also tried to delete the account and re-enter the information twice....
  10. E-mail account won't sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    E-mail account won't sync: One of my 3 att email accounts won't sync to the mail ap. It says I need to update password or give permission to sync. When I go to the account there are 16 dots in the password space. When I put in my real password it fails....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i give google account permission to sync to my laptop

2. gmail will not sync on windows 10