Windows 10: Sync background on extended view

Discus and support Sync background on extended view in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a surface laptop with a Dell monitor and windows 10. I am using the monitors in extended option as it good to work with. How can I have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rinusvink, Jul 14, 2018.

1. rinusvink Win User

Sync background on extended view

I have a surface laptop with a Dell monitor and windows 10.
    I am using the monitors in extended option as it good to work with.
    How can I have the same background slide show display on both my laptop and monitor as they are now out of sync?
    Cheers Rinus

:)

rinusvink, Jul 14, 2018

2. Background / theme not syncing (Windows 10 1803)

Hi wjhulzebosch,

For me to provide you with relevant troubleshooting steps to address this problem, I would like to verify the following information:

• Is this the first time you're trying to sync settings in all 5 devices? If not, was syncing working before?
    • Have you logged in your Microsoft account in all 5 devices?

I know that you've already enabled the Sync your settings option in Microsoft Edge, however, I also suggest that you enable the Internet Explorer settings as well, as they use the same sync settings.

If the issue persists, please restart the SettingsSyncHost.exe process and see if your computer is already synced. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on your taskbar and click Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, select the Host Process for Settings Synchronization, then click
      End task.
    • Restart your computer and let the process restart.

Syncing with other devices may take time. I suggest that you give it about 24hrs.

Should the issue persists, please update this thread so I can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jul 14, 2018
  4. gforceVC Win User

Windows 10 background/slideshow breaks after invoking Task View - please try and see

I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue on Windows 10 build 10240 (or any other post RTM build).

Steps to reproduce issue:

• Right click on desktop and select Personalize
    • From the Personalization -> Background screen, select "Slideshow" as background
    • Browse to a directory with your pics
    • Exit Personalization
    • Right Click desktop and select "Next desktop background" a few times, to confirm background image is changing
    • From the Task Bar, click on the icon "Task View"
    • From the Task View screen, click on one of your active apps or anywhere in the background to exit.
    • Repeat step 5
    • Does your desktop background suddenly disappear? Are you able to switch to the next desktop background if you try a few more times?
    The problem I am experiencing is that the background image disappears, and trying to switch to the next desktop background no longer does anything (ie; the background stays black/blank).

Interestingly, if you click on Task View again, you will see the "next desktop background" image displayed. If you click any app or the background to get out of Task View, your next desktop background is displayed again. But if you repeat step 5 above,
    the problem happens all over again. The only way to fix this behavior, is to reboot.

I'm wondering if this issue is unique to my system, or a general Windows 10 bug.

Would appreciate if anyone could give it a try.

gforceVC, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Sync background on extended view - Similar Threads - Sync background extended

2. Background change and sync not avalable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background change and sync not avalable: Hi,I have a PC that I have been using for years and a laptop that was on the same account which I stopped using a year ago but recently I it wiped and signed into the same account again when I restarted it fresh. The wallpaper has changed to default on my PC and my laptop has...
  3. Background change and sync not avalable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background change and sync not avalable: Hi,I have a PC that I have been using for years and a laptop that was on the same account which I stopped using a year ago but recently I it wiped and signed into the same account again when I restarted it fresh. The wallpaper has changed to default on my PC and my laptop has...
  4. Background App Sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background App Sync: Hello. I upgraded to Windows 11 Home on my Dell Laptop. When I was using Windows 10, there was an option in Settings > Privacy & Security > Background Apps, where we could enable or disable running background apps like Mail, Calendar etc.After upgrading to Windows 11, none of...
  5. Background App Sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background App Sync: Hello. I upgraded to Windows 11 Home on my Dell Laptop. When I was using Windows 10, there was an option in Settings > Privacy & Security > Background Apps, where we could enable or disable running background apps like Mail, Calendar etc.After upgrading to Windows 11, none of...
  6. Explorer view of OneDrive shows sync pending but taskbar view shows in sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer view of OneDrive shows sync pending but taskbar view shows in sync: I was attempting to solve the issue that Explorer showedthat the folders in my Onedrive container were ‘Sync pending’ while the OneDrivetaskbar icon showed the folders were in sync. Those folders were all originallylocated on the C: drive before I got involved with OneDrive...
  7. Desktop background are not sync with in settings.

Desktop background are not sync with in settings.: I set a new background theme and I realized that the picture is not in sync. Say the picture in my settings is B, while the picture on my desktop is A. I'll give pictures so that you can understand it better.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] As you can see, my desktop picture is...
  8. Backgrounds not syncing

Backgrounds not syncing: Hi Everyone, Just got a new HP Envy 360. Setting up Windows, and everything synced up well. Unfortunately while doing some setup bits, the background all of a sudden went back to a standard Windows picture as the background. Checked my syncing settings, and they're all...
  9. Can't sync background picture

Can't sync background picture: I have a feeling that this is going to turn out to be a silly question with an obvious answer that I'm missing, but here goes. I have a tablet, a laptop and a desktop computer all running Windows 10. I log on to each with my Microsoft account. Each has all of its settings...
  10. Themes not syncing backgrounds

Themes not syncing backgrounds: Hi, I have a theme on my desktop PC which obtains its backgrounds from a folder in My Documents. There are about 300 in there. I have no issues with the theme using all the backgrounds available. Until, that is, I switch on the sync theme option. Then the theme which...