Windows 10: Sync Center Issues - Trying to support users working from home

Discus and support Sync Center Issues - Trying to support users working from home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have users working from home trying to synchronize their files between their remote desktops in the office and their laptops WFH. Are there any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GTomWilliams2, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Sync Center Issues - Trying to support users working from home

We have users working from home trying to synchronize their files between their remote desktops in the office and their laptops WFH. Are there any solid troubleshooting / hints / check list / videos or documents that I can forward to help them setup Sync Center between their machines? Appreciate the help!

:)

GTomWilliams2, Mar 17, 2020

2. [Help] Sync Center not syncing anymore in Windows 10

Hi Yuren,

Issue as such can be a result of some changes in the configuration settings related to
    Sync Center. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to verify the following:

• What is the overall size of the files that you're trying to sync?
    • What's the type of the files that you're trying to sync?
    • How does the Sync Center configured on your device? For better understanding, we'd like to request for a screenshot of it.

Regards.

Zedrick Del, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Editions that Support Sync Center?

Thanks for your reply and clarifying that Windows 10 Home edition indeed support Sync Center.

I have reviewed your suggestions and encounter a problem attempting to "Manage Offline Files" in Sync Center. Following your instructions excerpted below:

To enable the offline files follow the below steps.

1. Press “Windows+X” and go to “control panel”.

2. Click on “sync center” and click on “manage offline files”.

3. Check whether it is enabled or not. In any case it is not, click
    Enable Offline Files followed by Ok. You will be asked to restart the computer.

During Step 2 when I click on "Manage Offline Files" there is literally no response from the Sync Center user interface. There are no windows that pop under or over, there is no change in the text display on the screen and no error
    messages of any kind. Below is a screen shot of Sync Center after I clicked "Manage Offline Files".

Sync Center Issues - Trying to support users working from home cfe2ef7d-336f-443e-99e5-8815b699303c.png

In your second set of instructions, you refer to enabling offline files via the "Disk Usage, Encryption and Network tabs". I was unable to locate these tabs reviewing various disk management tools in control panel, settings and
    File Explorer. Please advise and clarify how I can enable Offline Files and/or next steps so that ultimately I can setup and manage Sync Center partnerships.

Thanks,

Bill

BillWilliamsMTD, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Sync Center Issues - Trying to support users working from home

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Sync Center Issues - Trying to support users working from home

1. Sync Center Issues - Trying to support users working from home - Similar Threads - Sync Center Issues

2. contact support for sync issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    contact support for sync issues: contact support for sync issues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-support-for-sync-issues/52959880-ea7c-495e-b875-74476fd728d1
  3. contact support for sync issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    contact support for sync issues: contact support for sync issues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-support-for-sync-issues/52959880-ea7c-495e-b875-74476fd728d1
  4. Auto Sync Action center from App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Sync Action center from App: That's the best way to describe what I'm looking for. I'm trying to find if there is a setting to check so that if I read an email Outlook, that email will also mark, or better yet disappear from the action center, rather than me having to go in there and delete it later....
  5. Auto Sync Action center from App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Sync Action center from App: That's the best way to describe what I'm looking for. I'm trying to find if there is a setting to check so that if I read an email Outlook, that email will also mark, or better yet disappear from the action center, rather than me having to go in there and delete it later....
  6. Bravo, no customer support for home users!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bravo, no customer support for home users!: So… recently I encountered an issue that required me to turn, for the first time ever, to Microsoft support. If I’m being honest, I didn’t try for very long as customer support within a trillion dollar corporation shouldn’t be that hard to find right? Wrong. I turn to google...
  7. Sync Center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync Center: When I connected my PC to my Network server, Windows automatically starting syncing all my files from the server onto the PC's hardrive using Sync Center. I turned off Sync Center, but the ~100 Gb of space is still used up on the hardrive by the files that were copied over....
  8. Sync Center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync Center: How do you configure sync center to an external WD passport drive, rather than the pc/laptop internal drive which uses up a lot of space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-center/cc62ea89-d493-4296-ab46-a6666cfad045"
  9. Sync Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync Center: I went to Start>Control Panel>Sync Center, I'm trying to connect two different computers. I have went into Settings>Accounts>Sync Your Settings, and turned on all Sync options, on both computers. Yet when I go back to Control Panel, and Set UP New Sync Partnerships, both...
  10. Sync Center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sync Center: I have Windows 10 Home edition. Does Sync Center not work until Pro edition? I ask this because when I click on Set up new sync partnerships, there are no options to add devices. Here's a pic. [ATTACH]...