Windows 10: Sync CONTACTS

Discus and support Sync CONTACTS in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Verizon phone. I use Microsoft contacts on windows 10. When I update contacts from my phone and from my computer the updates don't show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LornaAnderson, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Sync CONTACTS

I have a Verizon phone. I use Microsoft contacts on windows 10. When I update contacts from my phone and from my computer the updates don't show properly. Especially this is bad on my phone when I attempt to make calls. I also have a Google account. How do I coordinate CONTACTS so that they update correctly? I changed default from EDGE to Chrome because I'm doing some website work.

:)

LornaAnderson, Mar 10, 2019
  2. vivitree Win User

My iPhone can't sync the contacts to Mac

have you tried importing the contacts form the phone to google contacts then syncing then exporting them from there to a file on the computer then importing that into the address book
    or you can also go through the info page in itunes for your phone and sync contacts from the phone to the computer that way by checking the box that says sync contact to then select address book
    There is a step by step instruction on How to transfer iPhone contacts to my iMac. Hope it can do you a favor.

vivitree, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Sync Contacts

The way I have my android phone contacts currently set up, it becomes an unmanageable mess. If I allow my phone contacts to sync with Gmail, I can end up with duplicates (quadruplicates, actually) of the same contacts, multiple phone numbers on the same line, phone numbers and notes/addresses on the same line, etc. I'm sure there a those of you out there that can relate to this.

It renders the phone list practically useless, particularly to voice calling, etc.

I don't want email address contacts in my phone list. Can I isolate a phone contact list group in Gmail, and only have that list sync with my android phone contacts?

The reason is twofold. On my computer I also maintain the "local" Contacts folder (not the "People" list) as a mirror image of my phone contacts. In order to keep the phone list and computer lists in sync, I can export the computer contacts to a .vcf file, and easily and quickly directly import the list into my phone contacts.

The obstacle with this method is that going in the other direction (phone to computer) is too inconvenient to consider if you have 400+ contacts. If I export from my phone .vcf file to the computer, when I try to import it to my computer list, It becomes a folder with individual contacts, only allowing me import "one" contact at a time.

kitpzyxmsir, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Sync CONTACTS

Sync Contacts

Hi Ken, thanks for responding and confirming a few things for me.
    I wish I had talked to you a long time ago.

When I went into my gmail contacts, I had about 10 differently dated imported "groups" that I had no Idea where they came from and were responsible for mess there (the "My Contacts" group list had almost 800 contacts, when there should have only been around 400) as well as in my phone (Galaxy s6)
    contacts.

I paid the price for failing to learn at least the fundamentals of managing gmail/yahoo contacts until now. I had to manually edit that awful mess. Merging duplicates doesn't help much.

That's the way I will approach it, since you can set up your phone to single out which gmail account will sync contacts on the phone.

My main obstacle was finding a way to coordinate/sync my local computer contact list and my phone contact list. You can't export the android list and directly import it into the computer list. Now I can do it easily by utilizing gmail as a middleman to create a backup of my android phone list that is compatible for importing into my local contacts.

kitpzyxmsir, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Sync CONTACTS

1. Sync CONTACTS - Similar Threads - Sync CONTACTS

2. I can’t get my contacts from outlook to sync to my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t get my contacts from outlook to sync to my pc: I keep getting a pop-up on my pc that says my calendar and contacts are not set up. The pop-up is constantly coming up and it prevents me from getting anything done. It is an entire screen that says, Icloud photos>on; Icloud drive>on; passwords and keychain>on; bookmarks>on;...
  3. I can’t get my contacts from outlook to sync to my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t get my contacts from outlook to sync to my pc: I keep getting a pop-up on my pc that says my calendar and contacts are not set up. The pop-up is constantly coming up and it prevents me from getting anything done. It is an entire screen that says, Icloud photos>on; Icloud drive>on; passwords and keychain>on; bookmarks>on;...
  4. I have my calendar, tasks and contacts all say this computer only - need to sync with phone.

I have my calendar, tasks and contacts all say this computer only - need to sync with phone.: I have my calendar, tasks and contacts all say this computer only - how do I have it sync with my iphone automatically? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-my-calendar-tasks-and-contacts-all-say-this/603633eb-f90d-4928-b856-97045ed60177
  5. I have my calendar, tasks and contacts all say this computer only - need to sync with phone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have my calendar, tasks and contacts all say this computer only - need to sync with phone.: I have my calendar, tasks and contacts all say this computer only - how do I have it sync with my iphone automatically? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-my-calendar-tasks-and-contacts-all-say-this/603633eb-f90d-4928-b856-97045ed60177
  6. I cannot get Outlook 365 to accept contacts from Windows 10 or sync with web 365 Outlook,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get Outlook 365 to accept contacts from Windows 10 or sync with web 365 Outlook,...: Have tried every method I know to get contacts from Window 10 365 Outlook into window 11 Outlook 365. Refuses to load the data . Looked at the web version and it has all my contacts? Cant sync either?...
  7. I cannot get Outlook 365 to accept contacts from Windows 10 or sync with web 365 Outlook,...

I cannot get Outlook 365 to accept contacts from Windows 10 or sync with web 365 Outlook,...: Have tried every method I know to get contacts from Window 10 365 Outlook into window 11 Outlook 365. Refuses to load the data . Looked at the web version and it has all my contacts? Cant sync either?...
  8. What is the way to copy, or sync, contacts from my A12 to my Lenovo Win11 laptop? I do not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the way to copy, or sync, contacts from my A12 to my Lenovo Win11 laptop? I do not...: The Lenovo operates on Windows 11 Home. After a second new mainboard, I am having some issues. Right now, I cannot find proper instructions for synching, or just copying , Contacts from the Samsund Android A12 to the laptop. I use Google gmail, not Outlook. Not certain what...
  9. What is the way to copy, or sync, contacts from my A12 to my Lenovo Win11 laptop? I do not...

What is the way to copy, or sync, contacts from my A12 to my Lenovo Win11 laptop? I do not...: The Lenovo operates on Windows 11 Home. After a second new mainboard, I am having some issues. Right now, I cannot find proper instructions for synching, or just copying , Contacts from the Samsund Android A12 to the laptop. I use Google gmail, not Outlook. Not certain what...
  10. contact support for sync issues

contact support for sync issues: contact support for sync issues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-support-for-sync-issues/52959880-ea7c-495e-b875-74476fd728d1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. syncing contacts between android and windows 10