Windows 10: Sync Desktop and Lock-screen Wallpaper?

Discus and support Sync Desktop and Lock-screen Wallpaper? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, My problem is that for my laptop's desktop I use the "Background Slideshow" option to cycle through my wallpapers every hour and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YBH, Jan 31, 2018.

1. YBH
    YBH Win User

Sync Desktop and Lock-screen Wallpaper?

Hello everyone,

My problem is that for my laptop's desktop I use the "Background Slideshow" option to cycle through my wallpapers every hour and I would really love it if my lock-screen used the same wallpapers as my desktop in a synchronized way.

I have searched through Windows native setting and the best I could come up with was the "Lock screen Slideshow" option. However, this is not in sync with my desktop and it cycles quickly through my wallpapers with special effects like a traditional PowerPoint picture slideshow.

The only solution I see is maybe using a third-party program, but I have yet to find any such thing. Also, I have tried asking elsewhere but have yet to get any answer for 2 weeks now; so here I am trying this forum now. *Smile

PS. I am setting this up for my low-spec ultrabook, so if I do have to use a program/app I would really like it to be light weight.

System: Windows 10 Home

:)

2. Burvon Win User

Lock screen on Windows 10 won't change

If you have more than one computer with the same Microsoft account windows 10 will sync them and they will all have the same desktop and lock screen. You can turn off the sync setting in settings. Go to settings, accounts, sync your settings.

Burvon, Jan 31, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Screen Saver won't activate while computer is locked

Angelo meant Settings :: Personalization :: Lock Screen.

Screensavers run on your desktop, but the Lock Screen does not. Thus the Lock Screen cannot show your desktop and thus cannot show screensavers. The Lock Screen has its own Lock Screen Slideshow you can use though.

zachd [MSFT], Jan 31, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Hi YBH and welcome to Tenforums!

Open settings / Personalization and in Lock Screen select Picture.

Click on Browse and (copy from here and paste would be easiest) type:
    Code: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper[/quote] There could be some limitation - I just tried and it works for me and it should be, but have no idea how will it behave over time..

AndreTen, Feb 1, 2018
  5. AndreTen Win User
    @YBH did it work?

Great, if it did. You can mark thread as solved, so others may benefit from it *Smile

AndreTen, Feb 2, 2018
  6. YBH
    YBH Win User
    @AndreTen Thank you for the quick reply and sorry for my late response. Unfortunately, following those instructions only sets the Lock-screen to the current desktop wallpaper. So after my background changes, the lock-screen does not follow and stays on that first wallpaper.

7. AndreTen Win User
    Oh, will try to investigate a bit more.

Here's tutorial (by Brink) with all the info about Background Wallpapers:

*Arrow tutorials | 4966-change-desktop-background-windows-10

AndreTen, Feb 3, 2018
  8. AndreTen Win User

While searching for exact location of Lock screen file, I found this thread, describing exactly what you are trying to achieve.
    So not going to change anything... User posting this is golddragon007

Edit: delete current file in command prompt (admin), before creating dynamic link with mklink.

AndreTen, Feb 3, 2018
  9. YBH
    YBH Win User
    Thanks, I'll give it a try but what do you mean by "delete current file in command prompt (admin), before creating dynamic link with mklink."?

10. AndreTen Win User
    There already is a file with the same name in this folder... But, it's not working for me. First picture is updated, pictures in folder are changing (mklink...), but there have to be another location (cache ..) for lockscreen.

AndreTen, Feb 3, 2018
  11. AndreTen Win User
    Quick recap:

-MS likes to change the folder where Lockscreen images are located and therefore makes this simple goal hard to achieve ...

-There were some programs for making slideshow on Windows 8.1, but don't work (at least not reliably) on Windows 10.

-there is one app in MS Store Lock screen changer, that gives a bit more control about Lock screen slideshow. One could possibly synchronize it with wallpaper slideshow.

- Groove Music player does have possibility to set the same picture for wallpaper and Lockscreen (latest update)
    tutorials | set-now-playing-artist-art-groove-music-lock-screen-windows-10
    There is possibility to use this settings for your goal, but will take some imagination *Smile

AndreTen, Feb 4, 2018
  12. YBH
    YBH Win User
    Thanks! I will go through all of those solutions and report back what steps I took and what worked.

13. AndreTen Win User

Sorry, but these are not real solutions. Maybe someone else have more insight into it.

AndreTen, Feb 5, 2018
  14. YBH
    YBH Win User
    Recap of situation so far:

1. The method here unfortunately does not seem to work anymore maybe due to Windows updates, because there are multiple "LockScreen" folders.
    2. The app Easy Lock Screen Changer randomly goes through pictures so can't sync it with desktop.
    3. Using Groove Music player as instructed here can be made to work but it requires it to be playing/running and hence even if possible it's an inconvenient solution.

Thus no real solution found yet but I will keep trying with #1, since if I can make it work that will be a pretty good permanent solution. I am also still looking for other third-party apps but no luck so far.

Thema:

1. Sync Desktop and Lock-screen Wallpaper? - Similar Threads - Sync Desktop Lock

2. Wallpaper on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper on lock screen: I want to ask about a way to solve changing the problematic lock screen wallpaper, so the problem is when we are at the place to change the wallpaper as a picture, but every time I change it the wallpaper will continue to load and not be replaced either, even the wallpaper...
  3. Wallpaper on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper on lock screen: I want to ask about a way to solve changing the problematic lock screen wallpaper, so the problem is when we are at the place to change the wallpaper as a picture, but every time I change it the wallpaper will continue to load and not be replaced either, even the wallpaper...
  4. Wallpaper on lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sync Windows Spotlight desktop wallpaper and lock screen wallpaper Windows 11 ^22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Windows Spotlight desktop wallpaper and lock screen wallpaper Windows 11 ^22H2: Windows with the 22H2 update have a feature to use Windows Spotlight for the desktop wallpapers, which is great, but I wanted to have the same wallpaper from the spotlight for the lock screen and desktop at a time to get that fade-in effect after sign-in.I want to know that...
  6. Sync Windows Spotlight desktop wallpaper and lock screen wallpaper Windows 11 ^22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Windows Spotlight desktop wallpaper and lock screen wallpaper Windows 11 ^22H2: Windows with the 22H2 update have a feature to use Windows Spotlight for the desktop wallpapers, which is great, but I wanted to have the same wallpaper from the spotlight for the lock screen and desktop at a time to get that fade-in effect after sign-in.I want to know that...
  7. Use windows lock screen wallpapers as desktop wallpaper.

Use windows lock screen wallpapers as desktop wallpaper.: I want keep random wallpaper just like windows lock screen wallpaper that changes automatically. Is there any way or feature of windows 10 to keep random wallpapers that updates automatically?...
  8. Desktop and Lock screen Wallpaper changes automatically!!

Desktop and Lock screen Wallpaper changes automatically!!: The Desktop and lock screen wallpaper of my windows 10 laptop changes automatically to some random image simultaneously. I do not have those images on my laptop, and I have also searched for them in the private windows folder, "C:\Windows\Web". I also do not suspect any virus...
  9. Desktop partially displays lock screen wallpaper

Desktop partially displays lock screen wallpaper: Laptop is docked, connected to two monitors. I put it to sleep. I unplug it from the dock and put it in my backpack in preparation for travel the next day. The next time I use it I am not docked. I log in and now the desktop has around the right 1/3 of the screen covered by...
  10. lock screen wallpaper

lock screen wallpaper: Hi, I set a wallpaper on my lock screen by mistake. But I want to get back the windows feature of automatic slideshow of lock screen wallpaper.Before I set the wallpaper, Windows always set a new lock screen wallpaper automatically in about 2-4 days, but when I set a new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sync desktop screen with lock screen

2. Windows 10 lock screen sync

3. how to sync wallpaper and lockscreen

4. how to sync loockscreen?,
  5. sync windows background with lock screen,
  6. sync desktop background with lock screen,
  7. sync background and lock screen