Windows 10: Sync desktop background between 2 monitors using slideshow

Discus and support Sync desktop background between 2 monitors using slideshow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, I'm wondering if there is a way to make the desktop backgrounds sync when using dual monitors, I want to have both the background and colour theme... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Callum2002, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Sync desktop background between 2 monitors using slideshow

Hey, I'm wondering if there is a way to make the desktop backgrounds sync when using dual monitors, I want to have both the background and colour theme automatically changed with my slideshow basically but I can't seem to find a option for that in my settings. Attached is my desktop in it's current state.

Sync desktop background between 2 monitors using slideshow [​IMG]Please let me know if there is a way to do this, thanks :

:)

Callum2002, Jan 12, 2021

2. Background + Lockscreen Software w/ Dual Monitor

Looking for way to have a daily slideshow synced between the lock screen & windows desktop on only monitor one.

I used a program called Spotlight Desktop to sync my wallpaper with the daily windows spotlight lockscreen. This worked without issue for years on a single monitor setup.

Now i have 2 monitors. Spotlight Desktop and Dynamic Theme will not change monitor 1&2 wallpapers individually. They use the same image for both backgrounds.

Basically I want monitor 1 to use the same daily slideshow image for lockscreen and desktop. Monitor 2 can do anything besides mirror the same image as monitor 1, I don't really care if its static or a separate slideshow.

Any suggestions are much appreciated
    winver 1909 btw

changlish76, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Sync desktop background between 2 monitors using slideshow

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Sync desktop background between 2 monitors using slideshow

1. Sync desktop background between 2 monitors using slideshow - Similar Threads - Sync desktop background

2. Windows 10 Dual Monitor Background Slideshow sometimes image is split between the monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Dual Monitor Background Slideshow sometimes image is split between the monitors: Hello,On my Windows 10 PC I have a dual monitor setup. I use a slideshow option for my background images and really like how it puts a different image on each monitor. However, sometimes an image comes up and half of it is on the left monitor and half is on the right monitor....
  3. Windows 10 Dual Monitor Background Slideshow sometimes image is split between the monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Dual Monitor Background Slideshow sometimes image is split between the monitors: Hello,On my Windows 10 PC I have a dual monitor setup. I use a slideshow option for my background images and really like how it puts a different image on each monitor. However, sometimes an image comes up and half of it is on the left monitor and half is on the right monitor....
  4. Background Slideshow 2 Monitors help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background Slideshow 2 Monitors help!: Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post and help me. I am using windows 10 and I have 2 monitors. I know how to set a static picture to each monitor that is either the same or different pics -- that is no issue. My problem is when I am using desktop...
  5. slideshow background no longer different on 2 monitors

slideshow background no longer different on 2 monitors: Hello For years I've run the background slideshow feature Personalisation: Background with different photos on each of my 2 monitors by default. Since the most recent update Windows 10 bult 19041 the same photo is now on both monitors. Can't see how to change this in the...
  6. Different desktop background slideshow for each monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different desktop background slideshow for each monitor?: I'm looking for a way to have a different desktop background slideshow for each monitor. Each of my monitors has a different aspect ratio (one is 4x3, one is 16x9) and I want each picture to fit nicely. I have two folders of photos with the right aspect ratio for each...
  7. Desktop Background slideshow

Desktop Background slideshow: I made a few photo collages that I would like to display on my desktop in the form of a slideshow. When I went to personalize my desktop and select photos for the slideshow the folder with my collages showed empty. I saw that in the personalization window it says "choose...
  8. Desktop Background Slideshow

Desktop Background Slideshow: I selected the slideshow option to change pictures every day. It changes every hour instead. I tried every 6 hours and the same happened. The every 1 minute option worked though....
  9. Is 2 Monitors with a slideshow using the same synced images possible?

Is 2 Monitors with a slideshow using the same synced images possible?: I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 and overall am pretty happy. I have a twin monitor setup and as a professional photographer use a selection of my portfolio images as my screen background shots. With W7 I had the images change but they were the same image on both monitors....
  10. Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation

Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation: Has anyone else noticed that the RANDOMISE option on the slideshow for the desktop background doesn't seem to exist anymore? Or am I looking in the wrong place compared to win7/8. Steve 7683