Windows 10: sync error when I open my aol mail account

Discus and support sync error when I open my aol mail account in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've read other threads for this mail fail and no one has given a solution. please help. I open my aol mail account that I've had for over 20 years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by angelKelli, Mar 20, 2019.

1. sync error when I open my aol mail account

I've read other threads for this mail fail and no one has given a solution. please help.

I open my aol mail account that I've had for over 20 years and at the top of my screen it says;

"We Couldn't access this account. You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device"

Nothing is new on my end and I actually can open my mail & read it- it's just annoying as can be to have this error message at the top

of my entire screen.

I would change my password however I've seen on the other threads that did nothing to fix this issue that many others are getting. Plus

doing that is going to cause a hassle for all my other devices.

I did go through the process of re-entering my password and it works just fine.

Ironically I can use aol mail on chrome without this goofy message- I don't like to use it there

because too many adds and clutter show up on that version. Since I can use my account via chrome & on my phone without any problems- I do not think this is AOL related issue at all. I should note my lap top is 2 months old a Del G7, so I don't think that is the problem either.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you so much

~Angel

:)

angelKelli, Mar 20, 2019

2. Cannot open AOL mail Report id: webprd-a54-20160208-192112

Hi Rogene,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Are you able to open other email accounts besides AOL?
    • Do you receive the same error when you open the account via Internet Explorer?
    I would suggest that you try opening AOL mail via Internet Explorer and check. In the event that you get the same error, I would suggest that you contact AOL support as they will be able to assist you further.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Mark_W. Win User
    AOL mail

Hello MartyXF:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issues you are having with your AOL account on your Windows Phone 7. At this point there has not been a lot of detail provided regarding the issue you are experiencing. With that said I am providing you
    some basic troubleshooting steps and a couple links to other threads about issues that seem to be similar to what you are describing.

The first thing I would suggest you do is go to the phone and tap settings > time + date > turn off automatically set > set the time, date and time zone manually. Once this is done, go back to settings and tap on emails + accounts. Tap and hold the AOL
    account and sync.

If you still cannot get the account to sync the next thing I would suggest you do is delete the account from your phone and try re-adding it to the phone. You can do this by going to settings > emails + accounts > tap and hold the account > select delete
    > tap add account > select other account > enter the AOL account details.

If the issue continues please review the following threads to see if the steps in these help.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Mar 20, 2019
  4. s427 Win User

sync error when I open my aol mail account

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

Thema:

sync error when I open my aol mail account

1. sync error when I open my aol mail account - Similar Threads - sync error open

2. aol will not sync in windows mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    aol will not sync in windows mail?: windows mail will not sync with my aolplease help or tell me it will no longer work with aol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-will-not-sync-in-windows-mail/2a8c570a-e708-410d-bfce-c5b98bfc22de
  3. aol will not sync in windows mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    aol will not sync in windows mail?: windows mail will not sync with my aolplease help or tell me it will no longer work with aol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-will-not-sync-in-windows-mail/2a8c570a-e708-410d-bfce-c5b98bfc22de
  4. sync email aol to windows mail

sync email aol to windows mail: when opening inbox with windows it says I need to sync my accounts, how-where-why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-email-aol-to-windows-mail/3ee44afb-7c84-46ba-bfb9-4ed8e7c06d9a
  5. Mail App keeps saying Aol Mail account is out of sync

Mail App keeps saying Aol Mail account is out of sync: using the Mail app on my Windows 10 laptop and I keep getting a message for my AOL account saying We Couldn't Access this Account. AOL. You might need to Update your password or give the account access to sync to this device. When I click on the little triangle with the...
  6. My AOL mail will no longer sync in Microsoft Mail.

My AOL mail will no longer sync in Microsoft Mail.: My AOL mail will no longer sync in Microsoft Mail. This was never a problem until recently. When looking at the inbox screen, I can see my other synced accounts but there is a triangle with an exclamation point in it next to AOL. I have attempted to troubleshoot it in many...
  7. aol mail errors

aol mail errors: mail that I didn't send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-mail-errors/8d15a6e0-cc8e-4d69-bee2-08edc03a74cf
  8. aol mail errors

aol mail errors: I keep getting "mail not delivered' messages from aol for mail that didn't send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-mail-errors/cdb5b7ca-11fc-4eec-be4e-f21e67b74821
  9. aol mail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    aol mail account: I cannot access my aol email account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-mail-account/0db8278e-cfec-4c46-8e17-2f3cb8b505a6
  10. AOL Mail not syncing on Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL Mail not syncing on Outlook: I've been running AOL Mail on Outlook for years. In the several weeks it has stopped automatically syncing received and sent emails. When I try to force a sync using "update folders" I get this error message: Task "synchronising subscribed folders …..; reported error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open my aol email account

2. aol sync error

3. give permission for google to access aol account

4. how do i give my AOL account permission to sync to my device,
  5. account permission to sync,
  6. open aol account,
  7. aol syncing issue,
  8. we couldnt access this account aol,
  9. we couldnt access tis acount: Aol. You might have to update your pasword or give the account permission to sync this divice.,
  10. give aol permission to sync,
  11. you might need to update your passwrd or give the account permission to sync to this device,
  12. give aol permission to y,
  13. you may need to update yourpassword or account permission to sync AOL ,
  14. how to give aol account permission to sync,
  15. sync aol account