Windows 10: Sync file explorer and sharepoint on multiple devices

Discus and support Sync file explorer and sharepoint on multiple devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, I want to sync my sharepoint to my file explorer in such a way that I can access my files on sharepoint via my file explorer. I have now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Annick_N, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Annick_N Win User

Sync file explorer and sharepoint on multiple devices

Hi All, I want to sync my sharepoint to my file explorer in such a way that I can access my files on sharepoint via my file explorer. I have now managed to sync my sharepoint to my file explorer but I am wondering if I now log on to another laptop if it is automatically linked or if i need to sync it on every device seperatly. Thanks in advance for the help! Best, Annick

:)

Annick_N, Aug 2, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

OneDrive sync now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries

Source: OneDrive sync on Windows now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries - Microsoft Tech Community

Brink, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Van Hoof Win User
    Restore SharePoint mappings in Windows Explorer

All

In my company we use a selfmade tool which makes a backup of network mappings, installed network printers, specific user settings, custom files/folders, ... We are now in a transition to Office 365 and SharePoint.

If you go via a web browser to a SharePoint Document Folder you have a button Sync. This button adds a link to the SharePoint Document Folder in your Windows Explorer.

My goal is to make a backup of these SharePoint links so that I easily can add these links back in Windows Explorer if a user gets a new computer (or in case computer must be reinstalled).

• I found out that these "SharePoint links" are stored in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OneDrive\Accounts
    • I exported that branch out of the registry.
    • Then I stopped the sync of the SharePoint Document Folders in my Windows Explorer so the links are gone.
    • I than imported the registry keys but this does not show the SharePoint Document Folders in my Windows Explorer (even not after a restart)

Does someone know how to solve this?

Van Hoof, Aug 2, 2021
  4. LarryB43 Win User

Sync to SharePoint Online says can't sync _w and _t but I don't see them

Thanks for your suggestion. Im using the built-in Sync icon in SharePoint Document folder. That maps the folder to your PC for File Explorer drag and drop. I just changed all the folder attributes to normal. I stepped out for lunch but will try moving
    the folders again shortly.

LarryB43, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Sync file explorer and sharepoint on multiple devices - Similar Threads - Sync file explorer

2. Using File Explorer to view SharePoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using File Explorer to view SharePoint: Up until today I have been able to use File Explorer to view local files and SharePoint files, by logging into my SharePoint on Internet Explorer and adding it as a Trusted Site. As of today, I can't log back into Internet Explorer as it's just coming up with messages saying...
  3. Using File Explorer to view SharePoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using File Explorer to view SharePoint: Up until today I have been able to use File Explorer to view local files and SharePoint files, by logging into my SharePoint on Internet Explorer and adding it as a Trusted Site. As of today, I can't log back into Internet Explorer as it's just coming up with messages saying...
  4. Using File Explorer to view SharePoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Removing SharePoint synced files from File Explorer

Removing SharePoint synced files from File Explorer: Hi, Does anyone know if there is a quicker way to remove files from file explorer that are syncing?At the minute I go into OneDrive > Help & Settings > Settings, find the folder and click Stop Syncing.Then I go into File Explorer and delete the folder when the cloud icon has...
  6. Removing SharePoint synced files from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing SharePoint synced files from File Explorer: Hi, Does anyone know if there is a quicker way to remove files from file explorer that are syncing?At the minute I go into OneDrive > Help & Settings > Settings, find the folder and click Stop Syncing.Then I go into File Explorer and delete the folder when the cloud icon has...
  7. Removing SharePoint synced files from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. MS Teams not syncing with Sharepoint

MS Teams not syncing with Sharepoint: Hello, I am in process of reorganizing my Teams channels - which requires files and folders to be moved around. I have completed this activity in Sharepoint and have synced back to Teams...or at least, tried to sync. The syncs are claiming to be successful and each...
  9. Onedrive Sync / Sharepoint Sync

Onedrive Sync / Sharepoint Sync: Hi In trying to figure out a way to not sync my files in onedrive and sharepoint but still have access to the data stored their via the links in FileManager. We came across Files on-demand on my co-workers computer which works for him but I can't see that setting in my...
  10. Remove synced Sharepoint folder from Windows Explorer

Remove synced Sharepoint folder from Windows Explorer: I had set up synchronization between a Teams document library and Windows Explorer via the Sharepoint sync function. I have deleted the Team as it is no longer required. Windows Explorer still shows it and shows an error message for syncing. How do I get rid of the link in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. syc sharepoint mutiple devixes