Windows 10: Sync files in OneDrive from one laptop to another laptop

Discus and support Sync files in OneDrive from one laptop to another laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A few years back when Onedrive free capacity was dramatically reduced by Microsoft I stopped using it. I found it hard to get straight forward... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VONDORAN, Sep 3, 2019.

1. VONDORAN Win User

Sync files in OneDrive from one laptop to another laptop

A few years back when Onedrive free capacity was dramatically reduced by Microsoft I stopped using it. I found it hard to get straight forward instructions to disable Onedrive & download all the files that had previously only been stored on Onedrive to my local harddrive so I'm not sure I completed that transition successfully, however my files do appear to be correctly organised in File Explorer.

Fast forward 3 years to now- I want to start using Onedrive again to sync Documents, Pictures & Desktop files from that original laptop to a new 2nd laptop. I have reinstated the app, signed in etc, files don't just automatically start syncing. I want to have offline copies of all the files on both laptops and have everything auto sync. How do I achieve that? I'm really uncertain on the very basics to even get started and am wary of creating duplicate files as I recall this happening when I originally stopped using Onedrive and I had to clean up after the process.

Thx

***Modified title from: Reinstate Onedrive After Previously Disabling ***

:)

VONDORAN, Sep 3, 2019
  2. flmatter Win User

Laptop Refresh rate

https://www.g-sync.com/ scroll about half way down the page and they list some of the g sync laptops.

Acer Predator, Asus ROG, Msi all have g sync options as well Amazon search g sync laptops to see the list

flmatter, Sep 3, 2019
  3. OneNote on iphone not syncing to Toshiba laptop

Hello,

There are several factors that affect the syncing of OneNote from the phone to laptop. It could be on the account, settings or internet connection. To further isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Are you getting any error messages when trying to sync?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you using the same OneDrive account on your laptop with the phone?

Michael Rey, Sep 3, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Sync files in OneDrive from one laptop to another laptop - Similar Threads - Sync files OneDrive

2. Cloning drive from one laptop onto another laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloning drive from one laptop onto another laptop: I have recently gotten a new laptop with only one nvme slot.I wanted to upgrade the storage to a larger capacity and only have another laptop with 2 slots, 1 occupied.The plan is to have the new ssd going into the new laptop and the old ssd into the free slot of the other and...
  3. sync OneDrive and laptop computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync OneDrive and laptop computer: Can I sync my OneDrive account and my laptop computer or does the app only work on a mobile phone ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-onedrive-and-laptop-computer/8ef03e64-89c1-4f5c-b735-750ce5759e23
  4. sync OneDrive and laptop computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sync OneDrive and laptop computer: Can I sync my OneDrive account and my laptop computer or does the app only work on a mobile phone ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-onedrive-and-laptop-computer/8ef03e64-89c1-4f5c-b735-750ce5759e23
  5. Transferring files from one onedrive account to another.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring files from one onedrive account to another.: Hi! I recently changed my microsoft account, and I want to transfer all the files from the old onedrive account. I know there is a transfer flow available, but for some reason it doesn't work. Whenever I try to use it, I receive the following error message. Is there...
  6. OneDrive not properly syncing on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive not properly syncing on laptop: Yeah, I changed my Microsoft online password, and now OneDrive won't sync. When I try to sign in, it tells me that account is already syncing, but the both iconsdefender and OneDrive say otherwise. What do I do now?...
  7. Using Recovery from one laptop in another laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Recovery from one laptop in another laptop.: I have two laptops with same make and same model Identical laptops . I have updated one of laptop to latest BIOS and Windows. I don't have the recovery drive for the laptop which I have updated. Can I create a recovery drive in another laptop NOT UPDATED and use it in the...
  8. Restore a backup from one laptop to another laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore a backup from one laptop to another laptop: Hello, I just broke my laptop (Asus S510UN, it's an i7, 16GB, NVME) it slipped from my hands and fell. I am looking to buy another of the same configuration may not be the same brand. Too bad, because it was recent (2018), worked very well and I took a while to install all...
  9. How to transfer files using OneDrive from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer files using OneDrive from one laptop to another: What is the easiest way to transfer files between laptops using OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-files-using-onedrive-from-one/9ce88a55-5443-465f-bc51-ece2a621030a"
  10. Syncing with another laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Syncing with another laptop: I recently visited my someone and borrowed their computer and needed to log into my Microsoft account to access an excel spreadsheet. I was sure to sign out from my account before closing Excel. Two days later, i turn on my own laptop at home and I now have that persons...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sync this laptop with another laptop