Windows 10: Sync Host File Changes itself Right Before my Eyes.. Need Help

Discus and support Sync Host File Changes itself Right Before my Eyes.. Need Help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; *Mad Hey Everyone, hope your having a better day than I... From the start it was bad and then got strange... If I go to START >> then SERVICES>>... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by paperez, Jun 15, 2018.

1. paperez Win User

Sync Host File Changes itself Right Before my Eyes.. Need Help

*Mad

Hey Everyone, hope your having a better day than I... From the start it was bad and then got strange...

If I go to START >> then SERVICES>> scroll down to SYNC HOST_7aa0e ...then
    >> RIGHT CLICK on SYNC HOST_7aa0e >> Select Properties...
    Now the Properties window is open...
    If I select the LOG ON tab the lower THIS ACCOUNT is Selected and there are ******* in the Password and confirm password boxes....

If I select any othet tab at the top.. like General, and go back and Select LOG ON again...
    The window has now changed... The top choice is selected Local System Account.... and the bottom choice is now deselected and the password **** are also gone from the boxes...??? WTF

I hope I attached the Pic correctly

Sync Host File Changes itself Right Before my Eyes.. Need Help [​IMG]

Is this normal, what should I do...
    Sync Host File Changes itself Right Before my Eyes.. Need Help [​IMG]

:)

paperez, Jun 15, 2018

2. Hosts file editing

I have to jump in and say I use, and have used the host file for years. It's an easy way to take stress off of old name servers. I don't add everything, but major shares I do add to the host file. I've used the host file for some tunneling as well. I try to optimize my network as much as possible and I have a solid network. But Easy Rhino is right as well, you'll want to have everything he suggested as well. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Jun 17, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    No permission to change hosts file ?

Option 1:

• Click on Start ->All Apps->Windows Accessories then right click on Notepad->Run As Admin.
    • Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc. Click on All Files to see hosts then open
    Option 2:
    Download: Hosts File Editor - Amazify then right click and run as Admin

topgundcp, Jun 17, 2018
  4. pbdrmmr Win User

No permission to change hosts file ?

I used Option 1. Worked just as it should. You've saved me from all the frustration I felt. Ahhhhhh!

pbdrmmr, Jun 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Sync Host File Changes itself Right Before my Eyes.. Need Help - Similar Threads - Sync Host File

2. Changed Hosts File?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed Hosts File?: I've had Kerish Doctor https://www.kerish.org/en-us/ for a week or so and today I this this message. What should I do about it? Allow or Discard? I clicked Details and ses the empty screen on the left.For some reason I can't post any replies to my threads on this forum, I can...
  3. Changed Hosts File?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed Hosts File?: I've had Kerish Doctor https://www.kerish.org/en-us/ for a week or so and today I this this message. What should I do about it? Allow or Discard? I clicked Details and ses the empty screen on the left.For some reason I can't post any replies to my threads on this forum, I can...
  4. Changed Hosts File?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. need help with service host

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need help with service host: hi got problems with the service host taking up my CPU.I have used Norton security to run a full pc scan as well as adwcleaner and rkill64,so i dont believe that it is melware.I have used process explorer and found out that the main two scvhost causing the problems are...
  6. Syncing Windows hosts file with WSL 2 hosts file.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Syncing Windows hosts file with WSL 2 hosts file.: If I add a new entry to the Windows hosts file, then on restarting WSL 2, the hosts file for WSL is autogenerated based on Windows’ host file. If I add a new entry to WSL’s host file, is it possible to add that entry to Windows’ host file also? submitted by /u/thefirstme...
  7. HOST File help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOST File help: I'm basically ignorant about Host file. Mine was recently corrupted or wiped. I read it needs the gateway, ip etc. to get the internet going without lag or issue. Is there a fast way or software , program that corrects the issues with this, or what information do i need...
  8. I cant change my brightness it hurts my eyes help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant change my brightness it hurts my eyes help: I tried absolutely everything from youtube watched like 100s of videos. I cant change my brightness in my laptop currently it's running on its latest windows 10 pro version. (I have tried everythinggggggg) please help me pleaseeeee been suffering from this for 4 days now....
  9. Date of files change before my eyes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Date of files change before my eyes: I am creating thousands of *.EML files from old DBX files using the program dbxconv.exe. This is done using the Windows Command prompt. The resulting files maintain their original "date sent" for less than a minute before changing to the date and time of their conversion. In...
  10. Windows 10 1703 15063.540 Host file changes by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1703 15063.540 Host file changes by itself: Ok so stupid question probably but ive been a computer tech for idk how long and i noticed my host file ( that i have meticulously worked on and done all the things needed for telementary settings) randomly changes to barely any addresses in it now im smart enuf to make a...