Windows 10: Sync Host File Changes itself Right Before my Eyes.. Need Help

Discus and support Sync Host File Changes itself Right Before my Eyes.. Need Help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; *Mad Hey Everyone, hope your having a better day than I... From the start it was bad and then got strange... If I go to START >> then SERVICES>>... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by paperez, Jun 15, 2018.

1. paperez Win User

Sync Host File Changes itself Right Before my Eyes.. Need Help

*Mad

Hey Everyone, hope your having a better day than I... From the start it was bad and then got strange...

If I go to START >> then SERVICES>> scroll down to SYNC HOST_7aa0e ...then
    >> RIGHT CLICK on SYNC HOST_7aa0e >> Select Properties...
    Now the Properties window is open...
    If I select the LOG ON tab the lower THIS ACCOUNT is Selected and there are ******* in the Password and confirm password boxes....

If I select any othet tab at the top.. like General, and go back and Select LOG ON again...
    The window has now changed... The top choice is selected Local System Account.... and the bottom choice is now deselected and the password **** are also gone from the boxes...??? WTF

I hope I attached the Pic correctly

Sync Host File Changes itself Right Before my Eyes.. Need Help [​IMG]

Is this normal, what should I do...
    Sync Host File Changes itself Right Before my Eyes.. Need Help [​IMG]

:)

paperez, Jun 15, 2018

2. Hosts file editing

I have to jump in and say I use, and have used the host file for years. It's an easy way to take stress off of old name servers. I don't add everything, but major shares I do add to the host file. I've used the host file for some tunneling as well. I try to optimize my network as much as possible and I have a solid network. But Easy Rhino is right as well, you'll want to have everything he suggested as well. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Jun 17, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    No permission to change hosts file ?

Option 1:

• Click on Start ->All Apps->Windows Accessories then right click on Notepad->Run As Admin.
    • Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc. Click on All Files to see hosts then open
    Option 2:
    Download: Hosts File Editor - Amazify then right click and run as Admin

topgundcp, Jun 17, 2018
  4. pbdrmmr Win User

No permission to change hosts file ?

I used Option 1. Worked just as it should. You've saved me from all the frustration I felt. Ahhhhhh!

pbdrmmr, Jun 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Sync Host File Changes itself Right Before my Eyes.. Need Help - Similar Threads - Sync Host File

2. I need help with my files!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help with my files!!: For some reason, whenever I open my files they show up like this. Please help me fix them!! They are photo's. Problem is I don't want the photo's icon there. I want to see the actual picture on the icon. [ATTACH]...
  3. I need help with my files.

I need help with my files.: For some reason, whenever I open my files they show up like this. Please help me fix them!![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-my-files/07864f95-601e-4989-bfe9-884edc0f9c8f
  4. host processing for sync

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    host processing for sync: if turned off on home computer, will I still be able to use other computers or cell? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/host-processing-for-sync/bb44f2c2-b2c3-47a5-8f3f-f7cd872af15c
  5. Date of files change before my eyes

Date of files change before my eyes: I am creating thousands of *.EML files from old DBX files using the program dbxconv.exe. This is done using the Windows Command prompt. The resulting files maintain their original "date sent" for less than a minute before changing to the date and time of their conversion. In...
  6. Need help with my HideDropbox.bat file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with my HideDropbox.bat file: Hello, I'm getting rather annoyed by the UAC thing popping up on startup every time my HideDropbox.bat file runs and was hoping someone could help me remake it into one that automatically authorises UAC to it. I remember it being possible because someone once did it a...
  7. No permission to change hosts file ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No permission to change hosts file ?: I have changed from W7 to W10 but find that although I am logged in as the administrator, I am unable to save any changes to my hosts file and get the message that I don't have accees/permission and should contact the administrator. Can anyone advise me as to what's going on...
  8. Need help my windows 32 files got changed :///

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help my windows 32 files got changed :///: Hi i ran this file, In order to disable unneeded services. But in the end my pc got kind of bugged. Some apps are working,but some services aren't working and i can't open my task manager/services.msc Can anyone help me pleasee. rem Sections rem Remove...
  9. Need help changing file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help changing file type: Hello, I'm having a problem where I'm unable to choose "Save as type: All files", in order to change the format of a document using a word processor. I do not have Microsoft Word, but I've tried this with both WordPad and LiberOffice Writer and it isn't working. I'm trying...
  10. Windows 10 1703 15063.540 Host file changes by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1703 15063.540 Host file changes by itself: Ok so stupid question probably but ive been a computer tech for idk how long and i noticed my host file ( that i have meticulously worked on and done all the things needed for telementary settings) randomly changes to barely any addresses in it now im smart enuf to make a...