Windows 10: Sync issue with bookmarks between Win 10 machines

Discus and support Sync issue with bookmarks between Win 10 machines in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having issues synchronizing bookmarks between my three win 10 systems - all of which I have logged in with my MS user account and all of which... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Warwick, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Warwick Win User

Sync issue with bookmarks between Win 10 machines

Hi, I'm having issues synchronizing bookmarks between my three win 10 systems - all of which I have logged in with my MS user account and all of which have onedrive installed. What I am seeing is that the machines are not syncing from the most recently updated machine. e.g. I made a change on the bookmarks bar to add a link and that change was not sync'd to my other machines. I made a followup post to a thread regarding settings sync and was given a suggestion to disable sync on the machines that I wanted to be sync'd with the "master" but doing this and then adding them back hasn't caused a sync of bookmarks to occur - at least not for the bookmarks bar. On the two machines to which I wanted bookmarks to be replicated I removed all bookmarks from the "bookmarks bar" folder after turning sync off. After turning it on I had thought that they would sync the bookmarks bar content back from the "master" but this hasn't happened. And yet I know that sync was working at one point because I had bookmarks in the bar on the master that came from the other systems.

The master is the most recently upgraded win 10 machine that I have and was upgraded from win 7. Incidentally, I've also noticed that the two other machines don't show the master on the "new tabs" page as a source for recent web pages. The master shows both of the other machines as a source for searches.

So, with all this background info, my question is: how can I "reset" the other systems and force them to reload all of the bookmarks from my master system? Or do I just give up and export the bookmarks from the master and import them to the other systems and hope sync works from that point on? *Smile

Thanks,

:)

Warwick, Dec 29, 2015
  2. LCRT Win User

Syncing my Surface and PC since W10 arrived

Correct

incorrect. I get all my favourites on my phone, desktop and w10 virtual machine.

3. Favourite links keep reappearing after being deleted

Hi,

I have the same problem but with a twist.

I use two computers. A desktop and a laptop. Windows 10 and IE 11 on both. I actually want my bookmarks to be synchronised between my two machines, which basically means that I can never get rid of any existing favourites.

If I switch sync off on one machine and delete a few favourites and then activate sync again I guess the favourites who still exist on the other machine will get sync'ed back to the first machine.

Any suggestions?

Per Kjellqvist, Dec 29, 2015
Thema:

Sync issue with bookmarks between Win 10 machines

1. Sync issue with bookmarks between Win 10 machines - Similar Threads - Sync issue bookmarks

2. Transfer Windows 10 retail licenses between machines upgraded Win 8 Pro & Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 retail licenses between machines upgraded Win 8 Pro & Win 10: I currently have two machines running with different editions of Windows 10.Machine 1 uses an upgraded Windows 8 Pro retail license, machine 2 a Windows 10 non-Pro retail license.As more and more hardware components of machine 1 are dying, I plan to replace it by a newer...
  3. Merging chrome bookmarks (no sync)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merging chrome bookmarks (no sync): So i had to send 2 of my PC parts for RMA and ive been back on my older PC for a while and added some bookmarks to chrome i'd like to keep and add to my newer PC when i can get back on it. From what i know Chrome only allows exporting all bookmarks which is not really a...
  4. Time Sync issues on Windows 10 domain joined machines

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time Sync issues on Windows 10 domain joined machines: I have started with new issue in my environment with time sync. Most of the users have now started working from home and hardly connecting to corporate network either directly or over VPN due to some challenges at network end. Further Details: Operating System - Window 10...
  5. Onedrive not synced between machines.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive not synced between machines.: Windows 10 PC and Windows 10 Laptop. One account the same Laptop shows more file count than PC. Onedrive settings on both are exactly the same. Can I force a sync?...
  6. Microsoft Edge did not sync bookmarks.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge did not sync bookmarks.: Recently, my laptop got broken and I had to reinstall windows. After reinstalling the windows and signing in to my live (live.com) account, all the settings were synced except for Microsoft Edge bookmarks and reading list. I had a long list of bookmarks and links in the...
  7. Network Issues between Win 10 and Win 7

Network Issues between Win 10 and Win 7: After upgrading to Win 10 1903, I had to redo all local networking. No problem in getting my Win 10 computers to communicate with each other, but the only way I can get the Win 10 computers to access shares on my old Win 7 system is to disable IP 6 on the Win 10 computer...
  8. bookmarks in win 10 google chrome

bookmarks in win 10 google chrome: Is there any way of retrieving bookmarks lost about a month ago? Please answer in the simplest manner possible as my tech knowledge is very limited. Thank you....
  9. Syncing bookmarks

Syncing bookmarks: A few months ago, after an update my bookmarks would not sync (desktop to laptop - previously this worked fine. All files sync). After trying a few different things I have noticed that in the "sync your settings" popup the toggle switch for INTERNET EXPLORER is missing on...
  10. Firefox For Android Not Syncing Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox For Android Not Syncing Bookmarks: Hello, One day Firefox just stopped syncing bookmarks on my phone. I read somewhere online that Firefox will only sync bookmarks if there are less than 5,000 bookmarks but, I don't have anywhere that many. I know Firefox recently has gone through some UI changes. Could the...