Windows 10: Sync old desktop files to new desktop

Discus and support Sync old desktop files to new desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I believe I clicked a wrong button when setting up my brand new computer out of the box, and as a result, my old desktop files did not sync to my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by adam.b.90, Dec 16, 2021.

1. adam.b.90 Win User

Sync old desktop files to new desktop

I believe I clicked a wrong button when setting up my brand new computer out of the box, and as a result, my old desktop files did not sync to my new desktop. My old desktop folder on OneDrive still has all the same files that it did before I switched to the new computer.Is there a feature in Windows 11 that allows the user to do it themselves, or will it require professional support?I don't care if I overwrite my new desktop by restoring the old one, as all I currently have on the new one is a few brand new shortcuts and an empty Recycle Bin.

:)

adam.b.90, Dec 16, 2021
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 16, 2021
  3. Want old desktop back

• What old desktop?
    • What new desktop?
    • Vista is still getting updates?

Bruce Hagen, Dec 16, 2021
  4. Sync old desktop files to new desktop

Windows Mobile sync new phone old files

Create a new partnership between your new phone and your computer. Then you can sync the contact, appointments and tasks from Outlook to your new phone.

When you set up the partnership between the new phone and your computer, select files to sync. Then you can drag the files from your old syncing folder (that was used with your old Mogul) into the new syncing folder that gets set up on your desktop for your
    new Mogul.

Julie fka profjulie, Dec 16, 2021
Thema:

Sync old desktop files to new desktop

1. Sync old desktop files to new desktop - Similar Threads - Sync old desktop

2. Files/icons not syncing to the users desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files/icons not syncing to the users desktop.: Hello,We have an umbrella 2008 r2 server with vpn access so users can work remote. The users desktop and documents are synced with the server which allows me to backup and retrieve any files they may of deleted/corrupted. All users are on windows 11 with 2018+ laptops.The...
  3. Files/icons not syncing to the users desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files/icons not syncing to the users desktop.: Hello,We have an umbrella 2008 r2 server with vpn access so users can work remote. The users desktop and documents are synced with the server which allows me to backup and retrieve any files they may of deleted/corrupted. All users are on windows 11 with 2018+ laptops.The...
  4. SYNC DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYNC DESKTOP: I bought a new laptop with Windows 11. When I set it up and logged into my Microsoft account it took the icons from my work computer and placed them on the laptop desktop. I did not even know that my work computer was synced with my Microsoft account. How do I get my laptop...
  5. SYNC DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYNC DESKTOP: I bought a new laptop with Windows 11. When I set it up and logged into my Microsoft account it took the icons from my work computer and placed them on the laptop desktop. I did not even know that my work computer was synced with my Microsoft account. How do I get my laptop...
  6. Sync old desktop files to new desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync old desktop files to new desktop: I believe I clicked a wrong button when setting up my brand new computer out of the box, and as a result, my old desktop files did not sync to my new desktop. My old desktop folder on OneDrive still has all the same files that it did before I switched to the new computer.Is...
  7. Sync issues from laptop to new desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync issues from laptop to new desktop: I am having trouble trying to sync everything from my laptop to my new desktop and I'm not sure why or how to fix it. When I go to'sync your settings' on my laptop all the toggles are locked and there's this odd error message at the top that says "Sync is unavailable for your...
  8. desktop sync

desktop sync: I recently bought a Surface Pro 7 to replace my Pro 4 because the battery died. How do I stop it from syncing with my PC. It seems that when I add items to the desktop on the PC, I also get them on the desktop of the Pro 7. If its folders then I get them & the contents. If...
  9. Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop

Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop: A week ago I installed my new custom built Windows 10 desktop. It arrived with Windows 10 already set up with an administrator Local account and no password. The first thing I did was change the account to signed in with my Microsoft account with a PIN. I changed the "Sync...
  10. PC Desktop and Laptop Desktop sync

PC Desktop and Laptop Desktop sync: Hello, I just got a new PC and whenever I edit what icons I have on the desktop it changes my laptops desktop to match my PC's, and vice versa. Is there a way i can turn this off because I want my games on my PC and my work related stuff on my laptop. Is there any way I can...