Windows 10: sync OneDrive and laptop computer

Discus and support sync OneDrive and laptop computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can I sync my OneDrive account and my laptop computer or does the app only work on a mobile phone ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PeterSwain, Mar 16, 2022.

1. sync OneDrive and laptop computer

Can I sync my OneDrive account and my laptop computer or does the app only work on a mobile phone ?

:)

PeterSwain, Mar 16, 2022

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 16, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Sync files in OneDrive from one laptop to another laptop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you want to sync files in OneDrive from old laptop to a new laptop. Since you have already signed in to the OneDrive app, I suggest you to refer the section
    If you already have an account signed in to OneDrive in the article

Sync files with the OneDrive sync client in Windows

If the issue persists, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team. Follow the below steps to contact the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 16, 2022
  4. P4-630 Win User

sync OneDrive and laptop computer

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

sync OneDrive and laptop computer [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

https://mspoweruser.com/onedrive-placeholders-coming-back-now-called-demand-sync/

P4-630, Mar 16, 2022
Thema:

sync OneDrive and laptop computer

1. sync OneDrive and laptop computer - Similar Threads - sync OneDrive laptop

2. OneDrive Sync is messing with my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Sync is messing with my computer: So earlier today i decided to Sync my Pc with Onedrive because it kept telling me to, but then there was a few apps that couldn’t Sync so i wanted to stop and quit Syncing altogether but when i try to it causes problems for everything, my Desktop shortcuts just disappear and...
  3. sync OneDrive and laptop computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync OneDrive and laptop computer: Can I sync my OneDrive account and my laptop computer or does the app only work on a mobile phone ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-onedrive-and-laptop-computer/8ef03e64-89c1-4f5c-b735-750ce5759e23
  4. Pictures Syncing to Computer and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures Syncing to Computer and OneDrive: I noticed that the "Camera Roll" folder in the "Pictures" folder is filled with photos all sorted by year and month. They appear that they be my cell phone pictures. I also noticed in OneDrive on the left-hand side above the recycling bin, there is a photo section. There are...
  5. Pictures Syncing to Computer and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures Syncing to Computer and OneDrive: I noticed that the "Camera Roll" folder in the "Pictures" folder is filled with photos all sorted by year and month. They appear that they be my cell phone pictures. I also noticed in OneDrive on the left-hand side above the recycling bin, there is a photo section. There are...
  6. Pictures Syncing to Computer and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. OneDrive not properly syncing on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive not properly syncing on laptop: Yeah, I changed my Microsoft online password, and now OneDrive won't sync. When I try to sign in, it tells me that account is already syncing, but the both iconsdefender and OneDrive say otherwise. What do I do now?...
  8. Sync OneDrive files to a new computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sync OneDrive files to a new computer: So I bought a new computer. My old one has my files backed up through OneDrive. Everything is syncing to the OneDrive folder on the new machine but I want the files to sync to the Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc. The settings in OneDrive to choose folders are checked off...
  9. Onedrive will not sync files on both computers

Onedrive will not sync files on both computers: I have two computers, both running Windows 10. I have a paid Onedrive account with 100 GB of storage that has plenty of available storage. Onedrive is set up on both computers using the same account. The problem is I can only get the files on one computer to sync files to...
  10. Stop OneDrive Pictures Syncing With The Computer.

Stop OneDrive Pictures Syncing With The Computer.: How can I stop OneDrive pictures syncing with PC? ***Edited Original Title From: onedrive sync*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-onedrive-pictures-syncing-with-the-computer/609276a8-0ef7-4391-aa9e-801e4fe1f1ff"