Windows 10: Sync options, hard drive space, and folder security

Discus and support Sync options, hard drive space, and folder security in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all-I'm new to OneDrive and trying to figure out a way to have a password protected folder for more sensitive files. I understand the Personal Vault... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sbright527, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Sync options, hard drive space, and folder security

Hi all-I'm new to OneDrive and trying to figure out a way to have a password protected folder for more sensitive files. I understand the Personal Vault option, which I thought was the answer. However, it seems that this folder is required to sync to my computer, and there is no way to take it out of sync and only keep it in the cloud. But the files I want to put in the Vault are larger in size, and thus would take up an inordinate amount of local hard drive space. What solution am I missing? Thanks!

:)

sbright527, Aug 4, 2021

2. Moving Librariy files and folders to secondary hard drive

Hi Bailey,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Yes, as you said you will face problems if you cut and paste the library folders to the new hard drive. If you cut and paste the libraries folder some of the Windows functions such as Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos
    will not work properly

If you want to access the library folders in the new hard drive, I suggest you to copy the Library folders (Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos). Follow the steps to copy the library folders.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows explorer.

• Find the Libraries on the left navigation pane of the Windows Explorer. (If libraries are not there, click on
      View tab at the top of Windows explorer, click on Navigation pane and select the
      Show Libraries)

• Now, right click on Libraries from the left navigation pane and click on
      Copy.

• Open the new hard drive and paste the Libraries folder by pressing
      CTRL + V key on the keyboard. (paste the libraries folders on the new hard drive where ever you want)

As you have less space on the primary hard drive, I suggest you to follow the below article to free up drive space.

Free up drive space in Windows 10

Free up drive space in Windows

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Random folders appearing to my new hard drive

Options > Scan options

Sync options, hard drive space, and folder security untitled-png.png

Then after that, enable options > hide virustotal.com clean entries ... only suspicious stuff will remain.
    Check the complete list on the Everything tab, it may not be explorer extension listed on that tab.

It may be something stupidly simple like onedrive/skydrive being setup to sync folders that are being dumped remotely.

BiggieShady, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Sync options, hard drive space, and folder security

Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

Sync options, hard drive space, and folder security

1. Sync options, hard drive space, and folder security - Similar Threads - Sync options hard

2. HARD DRIVE SECURITY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HARD DRIVE SECURITY: I ADDED A HARD DRIVE AND LIMITED ACCESS IN SECURITY.. I MANAGED TI UNLOCK IT BUT CANNOT ACCESS FOLDERS. HOW DO I REDEMY THIS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-security/eb0206b9-8286-42d1-bfec-9216fb74d22c
  3. HARD DRIVE SECURITY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HARD DRIVE SECURITY: I ADDED A HARD DRIVE AND LIMITED ACCESS IN SECURITY.. I MANAGED TI UNLOCK IT BUT CANNOT ACCESS FOLDERS. HOW DO I REDEMY THIS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-security/eb0206b9-8286-42d1-bfec-9216fb74d22c
  4. Possible to Sync Hard Drive Folder with OneDrive Folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Possible to Sync Hard Drive Folder with OneDrive Folder?: I would like to create a sync in which, whenever I update files in a folder on my hard drive, it automatically updates the corresponding folder on my OneDrive. I do not want to have to manually move updated files from the hard drive folder to my OneDrive folder, and I don't...
  5. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive space: My C: Drive is Highlighted,+but full,and i cannot add anything to it.... I have an E: Drive that shows over 931 GB of space,but it is Grey-Not highlighted...seems to be dormant....How do i activate it/add to it ? Thanks John R....
  6. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive space: I have 16 GB of unused hard drive space, yet I get an error indicating that I don't have enough harddrive space to download the upgrade. How much space is required? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-space/37e9202e-eb44-4989-bc99-1b0e6172dcee
  7. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive space: My computer has a 950 gig hard drive. Somehow there is about 860 gig of temporary file useage and I can not see where the space is used at even after using the temporary file clean up function....
  8. no space on hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no space on hard drive: hello, I have not much space left on hard drive but I don't know what is taking so much space please advice ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-space-on-hard-drive/5d048c6b-e63d-4b69-a5f0-a24668607148
  9. "Free up space" Hard drive option difficulty

"Free up space" Hard drive option difficulty: Attempted to use the "free up space" option in my storage and its stuck saying "Purging: Compress your OS drive" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space-hard-drive-option-difficulty/d7a902d2-7089-4e17-a2fa-e8b970c1db9e"
  10. folders are syncing on same hard drive

folders are syncing on same hard drive: I have two folders on one hard drive. When I alter the contents of one, the contents of the other is altered as well. They are in perfect sync and have different paths. To my knowledge, I have no third party software installed that would cause this and I find no mention of...