Windows 10: Sync other Outlook contact folders via Exchange to smartphone?

Discus and support Sync other Outlook contact folders via Exchange to smartphone? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello all I just got done installing 2016 to my PC to which I used to have 2010 and via using the MS Exchange account this all works from with my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by WBFAir, Jul 7, 2018.

1. WBFAir Win User

Sync other Outlook contact folders via Exchange to smartphone?

Hello all

I just got done installing 2016 to my PC to which I used to have 2010 and via using the MS Exchange account this all works from with my company, when I was using 2010 I somehow was able to get other Contact folders I had created besides just the primary one to show their contacts on my company cell phones contact list. Which for that I am using a Note 5 with all the latest updates.

Basically in my Outlook program I keep certain contacts in other folders other then the main one so I can keep track of them better when working with things.

So while I got those all back with the PC version as I can now connect back up to the companies exchange server, the new Outlook account on the phone (as I cannot use the old default phone email account) does not seem to be picking them up when synced as the only one it with pull anything from is the main contacts folder.

Note, in the phones options for this Outlook account it does have a check box that reads "All Contacts", and it is checked. Also I have tried the checkbox in the folders properties for allowing it to be shown as a "Outlook Address Book", but that has not made a difference.

So I don't know if this is a limitation of the Outlook account on the phone, or is there some option in the new version of 2016 Outlook on my PC that I have to check so these folders can be synced?

Thank for any help

:)

WBFAir, Jul 7, 2018

2. Exchange Syncing - Outlook contacts but not exchange contacts

I am having the following issue syncing with my exchange server (2003 sp2).

My email syncs fine and if I add a contact to my outlook contacts it syncs up with my phone, however it will not sync contacts from the exchange directory. I have contacts, mail and calendars checked. What can I do to get syncing working?

Also, It works on my iPhone as well as other android phones throughout of company.

I'm using Windows 7 Phone (7.0) LG Quantum.

thanks in advance.

Pietasterkid, Jul 7, 2018
  3. How do I sync Outlook/Exchange contacts that are in folders?

I cannot believe that this is not working with windows phone.

I run an exchange environment, and use Sync your Global Address List (GAL) to iPhone and Android devices - Epicenter Server to push contacts to my users exchange accounts and iphones.

I works great on Iphone and Android, where I can see all the contact folders/subfolders.

However on windows phone 8.0. the contacts from the exchange contact folders, are not part of the people hub.

(you can search the contact, if using the windows phone search, which will then access your exchange accounts global contacts, but that is not a solution)

Support the vote: http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/3537197-sync-contact-subfolders-from-exchange-account-to-w

AllanNyhus, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Florio Win User

Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016

Many thanks for all your suggestions, HippsieGypsie, but nothing seems to be working. I cannot delete my folder so I have to keep trying to get it included in the list of available address books. My contacts are all in the Contacts - Personal Folders, but this list is not included amongst those offered by Outlook as a default address book.

Florio, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Sync other Outlook contact folders via Exchange to smartphone? - Similar Threads - Sync Outlook contact

2. Desktop Outlook Not Syncing with Calendar and Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Outlook Not Syncing with Calendar and Folders: I just got a new hard drive and neither my calendar nor my folders within Outlook on my desktop will sync to what is on the web version or cell phone app verison. The new emails and calendar invites are coming through but I can't see the older calendar invites or messages in...
  3. Outlook Exchange, Gmail account in Outlook, sync contacts possible?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Exchange, Gmail account in Outlook, sync contacts possible?: I have Office 365, Outlook on Exchange and within Outlook I also have have 2 Gmail accounts (IMAP). Currently I am using a 3rd party tool to sync contacts (exporting to and importing from vCards) so as to sync contacts and have them available on smartphone devices. The...
  4. Syncing contacts info with google and outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing contacts info with google and outlook: My gmail and outlook email and calendars sync ok. And on my phone the contacts email addresses show if I want to compose an email in Outlook. However, the gmail contact information will not show up in my contacts folder in Outlook on my Windows 10 computer.....
  5. Sync google contacts with outlook 365

Sync google contacts with outlook 365: What's the best way to sync google contacts with outlook 365? 151541
  6. App to sync Outlook Calendar and Contacts to Android device.

App to sync Outlook Calendar and Contacts to Android device.: For some years now I’ve been using Companionlink to sync my Calendar and Contacts with my Android device. For the last few years I’ve been using the Outlook app on my Android device and still rely on Companionlink to sync both Calendar and Contacts. Maybe I’m missing...
  7. Syncing Outlook 10 Contacts & Calendars with iTunes for Windows

Syncing Outlook 10 Contacts & Calendars with iTunes for Windows: What Windows Features, Processes and/or Services are used by iTunes for Windows to sync contacts and calendars through USB port/Lightning cable to Outlook 2010 contacts and calendars?...
  8. Sync iCloud Contacts with Outlook WITHOUT Mail

Sync iCloud Contacts with Outlook WITHOUT Mail: I'm aware of the iCloud app for Windows that will add iCloud mail, contacts, etc. to Outlook, but that's not what I'm wanting. I would like to sync my contacts with Outlook, but not have my iCloud mail show in Outlook. Does anyone know of a way to do this or an app that...
  9. Outlook not finding Exchange???

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook not finding Exchange???: I have a clean install on build 9879. While making this computer ready to use I installed Office 2010. When I went to setup my regular Microsoft Exchange cloud hosted account in Outlook it could not find the server. It would not find it with SSL or without. I tried a...
  10. Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder

Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder: I exported Windows Live Contacts from Windows 7 computer and imported them into Outlook 2016 on Windows 10. The contacts appear in Outlook People and in Address Book. The Contacts folder in C: >Users>Username>Contacts is empty. I am the only user. Should the contacts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook 2010 contact folders not syncing through exchange