Windows 10: Sync Outlook to another PC

Discus and support Sync Outlook to another PC in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I subscribe to Microsoft 365 Personal and can install it on all of my devices. I just purchased a Microsoft Surface GO 2 with 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by N7AS, Jun 15, 2020.

1. N7AS Win User

Sync Outlook to another PC

I subscribe to Microsoft 365 Personal and can install it on all of my devices.
    I just purchased a Microsoft Surface GO 2 with 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD and Intel Core m3 processor.
    I was looking at "Code 2 Outlook Sync" and contacted them with a question. The response I got was this
    "Im afraid CodeTwo Outlook Sync does not support Surface GO2. The program was designed to synchronize Outlook only between"
    Why would they say that? I wonder what they were smoking. Why would it not work?

Well, anyway, Is there another way to sync Outlook .pst in real time either direction so that if I do anything on one PC it would be the same on the other PC.

:)

2. idgat Win User

An Outlook file format .pst would suggest you're still using POP email. Change your email account to IMAP and you won't need to sync Outlook <> Outlook - you will sync with your email server instead. And your Outlook file will become an .ost extension file.

Being able to change to IMAP email account is probably the reason MS saw it unnecessary to enable synching between devices.

idgat, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    Outlook syncing issue. Error: 0x80c805f6

Hi Radan,

The error code 0x80c805f6 is likely to occur if there's a sync issue with Outlook. For us to better assist you, please clarify the following.

• When did the issue start?
    • Is the issue the same when trying to sync using a different email account?

Meanwhile, to troubleshoot your syncing issue with Outlook, we suggest performing the steps provided on this

link

Any updates on the issue is highly appreciated.

Regards.

Clark Ari, Jun 15, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

That's not necessarily true since you can use a .pst file with either protocol (IMAP or POP). The pst file is just an Outlook file format and could care less what email protocol is used. And BTW I also use a .pst file with the Outlook 365 desktop email app.

That said, yes, the OP would want to use IMAP to sync files... provided their ISP supports it.

sygnus21, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Sync Outlook to another PC - Similar Threads - Sync Outlook another

2. Outlook email not syncing with Windows PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook email not syncing with Windows PC: Hello, I previously posted this question and was receiving help for it but didn't reply within the timeframe, so I am starting a new thread.The issue I'm having is "I recently deleted the Outlook email that was linked to my OneDrive/Microsoft PC. I created a new Outlook...
  3. Outlook email not syncing with Windows PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook email not syncing with Windows PC: Hello, I previously posted this question and was receiving help for it but didn't reply within the timeframe, so I am starting a new thread.The issue I'm having is "I recently deleted the Outlook email that was linked to my OneDrive/Microsoft PC. I created a new Outlook...
  4. Outlook email not syncing with Windows PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook email not syncing with Windows PC: I recently deleted the Outlook email that was linked to my OneDrive/Microsoft PC. I created a new Outlook account with no issues. I can use the credentials to log in to Outlook email and Microsoft. However, my OneDrive insists that this new account "does not exist" and won't...
  5. Outlook email not syncing with Windows PC

Outlook email not syncing with Windows PC: I recently deleted the Outlook email that was linked to my OneDrive/Microsoft PC. I created a new Outlook account with no issues. I can use the credentials to log in to Outlook email and Microsoft. However, my OneDrive insists that this new account "does not exist" and won't...
  6. outlook sync problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook sync problem: My outlook stops sync before it ends. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-sync-problem/54521168-d9a1-4e95-94f5-ca8c50a0b305
  7. Sync calendar from one PC to another

Sync calendar from one PC to another: Hi there !! I really really need help!! My HP model 14BS153OD is dying a slow and painful death and will be having it's death rattle soon. Before it is dead as a door nail and in the trash heap, the only thing I am concerned about at all is my calendar....
  8. Syncing with another laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Syncing with another laptop: I recently visited my someone and borrowed their computer and needed to log into my Microsoft account to access an excel spreadsheet. I was sure to sign out from my account before closing Excel. Two days later, i turn on my own laptop at home and I now have that persons...
  9. Microsoft Outlook 2010 Not Syncing on Several PC's

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Outlook 2010 Not Syncing on Several PC's: I've attempted repair using the scanpst.exe and I've also deleted .pst and .ost and checked settings on outlook.com to make sure that copies can be forwarded, still no luck. Can anyone help please? Thanks 50419
  10. Good tools for syncing to another PC?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Good tools for syncing to another PC?: I use a (large heavy) laptop for my main home system. In the past I used a smaller laptop for frequent business travel, and I used a sync program to keep the travel laptop up to date with important files (work files, Thunderbird email state, things like that). I would sync...