Windows 10: Sync over Windows license possible?

Discus and support Sync over Windows license possible? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a few Windows machines, and recently noticed that a couple of them were running the same ("retail") license key. Initially I was concerned that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Win20Win, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Win20Win Win User

Sync over Windows license possible?

I have a few Windows machines, and recently noticed that a couple of them were running the same ("retail") license key. Initially I was concerned that somehow they were both running the same license, and because of the source of these licenses (paid for, but not direct from Microsoft), that there might be other machines not belonging to me that were also running this same license.

I have been worring that somehow these other machines might be able to sync my machine somehow, and, for example, have access to the mailboxes that I have added on my Windows 10 Mail simply by virtue of being seen as the 'same license' by Microsoft.

Since then, I have discovered that the license key I have is in fact the a 'generic' Windows 10 retail license key, which many people on forums have reported finding on their machines - so it is not necessarily that I have the 'same license' as far as MS is concerned even though the code is the same (they should still be differentiated by the 'system ID' or something similar(?)).

But the concept is still floating around in my mind: is it possible if some scammy seller has sold the same license key to different buyers, that those machines could somehow potentially become synched with each other just because of the same Windows license, so that the data on them (e.g. emails on the Mail app) is not secure?

Apologies for the length of this question.

:)

Win20Win, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 6, 2019
  3. drade Win User
    How to sync a license?

Hello, I have hooked up my zen to my laptop. Though it says i need to sync a license to it to play the type of music player I have, How do I do that?

drade, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Sync over Windows license possible?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Sync over Windows license possible?

1. Sync over Windows license possible? - Similar Threads - Sync license possible

2. onedrive is constantly syncing several files over and over again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive is constantly syncing several files over and over again: Please, I would like to solve my problem that I have on my PC with OneDrive, where several about 20-30 files keep syncing over and over again, constantly, all the time the PC is on all day, which overloads the disk and the processor. Is there a solution to this error? I can't...
  3. sync over wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync over wifi: I seem to have followed the correct steps setting up the phone and ipad for syncing to my laptop but emails and calendar events are not transferring from ipad and iphone and are not showing on my laptop. The phone and ipad are showing in itunes on the laptop and seem to go...
  4. sync over wifi

sync over wifi: I seem to have followed the correct steps setting up the phone and ipad for syncing to my laptop but emails and calendar events are not transferring from ipad and iphone and are not showing on my laptop. The phone and ipad are showing in itunes on the laptop and seem to go...
  5. Is a License Move Possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is a License Move Possible?: My Old PC is running Windows 10 Pro and not upgradable to Windows 11, the system drive crapped out but have got it back up and re-activated with a new drive. Meantime I purchased a new PC which does support Windows 11 but comes with Windows 10 Home. Can I swap the licenses so...
  6. Is a License Move Possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is a License Move Possible?: My Old PC is running Windows 10 Pro and not upgradable to Windows 11, the system drive crapped out but have got it back up and re-activated with a new drive. Meantime I purchased a new PC which does support Windows 11 but comes with Windows 10 Home. Can I swap the licenses so...
  7. Is a License Move Possible?

8. switching over windows 10 license

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    switching over windows 10 license: I upgraded my windows from 8.1 to 10 and linked it to a microsoft account. when i swapped out the hard drive on my laptop, i signed in with that microsoft account. now, i want to transfer this license over to a newly built pc and i want to transfer the hard drive over as it...
  9. Synced Windows License Won't Transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Synced Windows License Won't Transfer: I recently switched my daily driver to a system that I built, the only problem is that while my Microsoft account and my Windows 10 product key appear to be linked on the old machine, I am getting this message on the new one[ATTACH]. I am fully logged in with my Microsoft...
  10. FILE SYNCING OPTIONS OVER THE NETWORK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FILE SYNCING OPTIONS OVER THE NETWORK: What are the in built options available in windows 10 for syncing files between two PCs through a network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-syncing-options-over-the-network/d53fdc6f-2a6d-466e-a76f-d975d64166dd"