Windows 10: Sync pc files to external memory

Discus and support Sync pc files to external memory in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have W10 running. wanted to sync specific files/folders to the external SD memory card installed in the computer SD slot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lawrence Saldanha, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Sync pc files to external memory

I have W10 running. wanted to sync specific files/folders to the external SD memory card installed in the computer SD slot.

:)

Lawrence Saldanha, Apr 3, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Regarding copying of files in external drive from pc

Hi,

The message that appeared on your screen may have occurred due to the possible missing files if you'll try to copy it that way. We suggest that you follow these steps on how you can copy the file together with it's properties:

• Right click on the application (Bully) and click Properties.
    • On the application properties window, under the Shortcut tab, click
      Open File Location.
    • The File Location window will open.
    • Select everything. Copy and paste it to the external drive.
    • The copying process may take a while depending on the type of files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

Sync pc files to external memory

Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

Try3, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Sync pc files to external memory

1. Sync pc files to external memory - Similar Threads - Sync files external

2. Syncing Onedrive files to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing Onedrive files to new PC: I have a Onedrive account that currently syncs to my Windows 11 PC. If I sign into that account from a new PC replacing my existing PC, will it sync all of the existing files to my new PC?...
  3. Syncing Onedrive files to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing Onedrive files to new PC: I have a Onedrive account that currently syncs to my Windows 11 PC. If I sign into that account from a new PC replacing my existing PC, will it sync all of the existing files to my new PC?...
  4. How can onedrive sync the same set of files on a PC and an external drive? 3-way sync?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can onedrive sync the same set of files on a PC and an external drive? 3-way sync?: I have 1000 files on PC. 600 of those files are "always kept on device". 400 of those files are "free up space" thus they effectively do not exist on my PC until I click on them and Onedrive will load them from the cloud and open them up on my PC. These 400 files thus, are...
  5. How can onedrive sync the same set of files on a PC and an external drive? 3-way sync?

How can onedrive sync the same set of files on a PC and an external drive? 3-way sync?: I have 1000 files on PC. 600 of those files are "always kept on device". 400 of those files are "free up space" thus they effectively do not exist on my PC until I click on them and Onedrive will load them from the cloud and open them up on my PC. These 400 files thus, are...
  6. How can onedrive sync the same set of files on a PC and an external drive? 3-way sync?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can a sync program sync external HDD to external HDD?

Can a sync program sync external HDD to external HDD?: I keep all important data on external HDD and periodically wish to synchronize this dats with another external HDD. Is this at all possible especially because drive letters themselves change depending on the PC/laptop that you attach them to and the order in which you attach...
  8. Can a sync program sync external HDD to external HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can a sync program sync external HDD to external HDD?: I keep all important data on external HDD and periodically wish to synchronize this dats with another external HDD. Is this at all possible especially because drive letters themselves change depending on the PC/laptop that you attach them to and the order in which you attach...
  9. Using external memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using external memory: I am sure my condition is not weird, but seems so to me! My tablet has 118 GB of memory and I have used it all. Yes, I have done all of the purging that is suggested. I have pluged in a 500GB external disk to offload some of the items I don't use on a regular basis. The...
  10. Sync files and folders automatically from pc to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync files and folders automatically from pc to external hard drive: How can I automatically sync my files and folders between my windows 10 laptop and external drive. Apart from OneDrive, I need to always keep my files and folders in sync between my laptops and external hard drive. I came across SyncToy online but I think it's restricted to...