Windows 10: Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

Discus and support Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I want to wipe the slate clean so that my Synced PC settings that are stored with my Microsoft Account are wiped clean and can start again from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportsfan148, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

Hi All,
    I want to wipe the slate clean so that my Synced PC settings that are stored with my Microsoft Account are wiped clean and can start again from scratch. So yesterday I turned off Sync Settings under Accounts/Sync your Settings on my laptops and then I deleted my personal settings from the cloud.
    However, Today I noticed that in the Edge browser under settings the option to sync your favourites/reading lists/top sites and other settings across windows devices is enabled (not turned off) even though Sync your settings is turned off in Account/Sync Your settings. Does that mean that my favourites/reading lists etc will not have been deleted when I deleted my personal settings from the cloud yesterday i.e they will have immediately synced back to my Microsoft Account? As I described above Sync your settings in Accounts was (and still is) turned off before I deleted the personal settings from the cloud. I haven't turned Syncing back on in my Account settings yet at all.
    Does the On toggle in Edge settings work independently for Syncing Favourites or does it only work if Accounts/Sync Your Settings is turned on first ?

:)

sportsfan148, Nov 26, 2018

2. Question regarding deleting personal settings from the cloud

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10. I want to remove my laptop's synced personal data that's stored in the cloud (themes, internet explorer/edge settings, favourites, stored passwords etc) so that I can clean install
    Windows 10 without those settings being synced back to my laptop during Windows setup. I followed instructions and first of all disabled syncing under Settings/Account/Sync your settings. Then went back to the Delete personal settings page and selected remove.
    The message said Personal settings removed from the cloud.. However, it also said "Your personal settings might not be deleted from the cloud immediately. Some information might remain on Microsoft cloud servers until the next scheduled clean-up process" Do
    I now have to wait to ensure that those settings have been removed from Windows servers...and if so..for How long?...or does that mean that even though personal settings might still be in the cloud until the scheduled clean-up process has been done they will
    be disabled from being synced back to my laptop. Can I trust that the personal settings wont be restored to my laptop now that I have removed them from the cloud if I immediately start a clean installation of Windows 10?

Basically, I want to clean install Windows 10 again as if it was the first time it has ever been installed without any previously synced personal settings being put back on my laptop.

Sportsfan_881, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Question regarding deleting personal settings from the cloud

Hi Shawn,

It makes it really critical then that when for whatever the reason you turn off syncing and then go to the webpage to Remove personal settings from the cloud that they are immediately removed from the cloud or at least disabled so that they cant be synced
    back as soon as you turn syncing back on.

There has to be occasions when you get corruptions in the personal settings that are stored in the cloud (particularly favourites/bookmarks) or you just want to start afresh with default Windows settings. Lots of people have syncing turned on all the time
    because they have multiple Windows devices so they would turn off syncing, Remove their personal settings from the cloud and then turn syncing straight back on again. They aren't going to be able to correct any issues and start over with a clean slate unless
    those personal settings are removed from the cloud first.

Sportsfan_881, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

Microsoft Account-Remove Cloud Backup of Personal Settings question

Hi,
    I looked at my Microsoft Account and under the Devices Menu at the top for my PC I noticed a More Actions dropdown list saying Remove cloud backup of personal settings which talks about turning off syncing first and then clicking on Remove button and then removing the PC from the backed up devices in OneDrive which is never listed in Windows 10. There is also another option in the More Actions dropdown menu for the PC in my Microsoft account saying Remove PC.
    For what purpose would you use these two options ? (Remove cloud backup of personal settings and Remove PC)

sportsfan148, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

1. Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud? - Similar Threads - Sync settings Delete

2. I want to delete cloud synced settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to delete cloud synced settings.: Cloud synced settings -> Clear stored settings -> RemoveAre you sure you want to remove your system and app settings from the cloud ?After that, if I click Yes, nothing happens without moving on to the next step.I just can't click 'Yes' button.I've done everything the...
  3. I want to delete cloud synced settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to delete cloud synced settings.: Cloud synced settings -> Clear stored settings -> RemoveAre you sure you want to remove your system and app settings from the cloud ?After that, if I click Yes, nothing happens without moving on to the next step.I just can't click 'Yes' button.I've done everything the...
  4. I want to delete cloud synced settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cloud synced settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud synced settings: Hi, I want to clear my cloud synced settings, so I go to Microsoft account Devices and click clear synced settings at the bottom of the page.It then takes me to this website Delete your personal settings from the cloud live.com. Then I click remove at the bottom of this page...
  6. Cloud synced settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloud synced settings: Hi, I want to clear my cloud synced settings, so I go to Microsoft account Devices and click clear synced settings at the bottom of the page.It then takes me to this website Delete your personal settings from the cloud live.com. Then I click remove at the bottom of this page...
  7. Personalized Settings

Personalized Settings: During 2 recent updates, within a week, MS changed the font type & size in my File Explorer and Start Menu and I find this very upsetting and infuriating. Is there a place where these two setting are kept so I can copy and save them to recover my choice? From Windows 8.1...
  8. Personalization Settings

Personalization Settings: How do I reset my personalization settings to default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalization-settings/3b0690d0-f227-48b4-9e6a-e7a70ff88bc9
  9. Windows 10, syncing of personal settings

Windows 10, syncing of personal settings: For a long time, I've used the mouse left handed on my desktop machine. (I'm right handed, and I can mouse just fine left handed, but I cant write left handed, so I like to keep my right hand free to take notes (I know - archaic). I like the way settings sync to the other...
  10. Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?: Hi All, I want to wipe the slate clean so that my Synced PC settings that are stored with my Microsoft Account are wiped clean and can start again from scratch. So yesterday I turned off Sync Settings under Accounts/Sync your Settings on my laptops and then I deleted my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete your personal setting from the cloud

2. delete your personal settings from the cloud

3. remove personal settings from cloud

4. how to delete personal settings in the cloud,
  5. Remove cloud backup of personal settings.,
  6. remove cloud backup of personal settings,
  7. remove cloud backup of personal settings missing,
  8. i want to remove personal settings from the cloud,
  9. removed personal settings from cloud backup wont sync