Windows 10: Sync settings greyed out

Discus and support Sync settings greyed out in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; back in 2015 there was a problem with this. I just took delivery of a brand new All in One PC with windows 10 Home pre-installed I set the machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mikeslovakia, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Sync settings greyed out

back in 2015 there was a problem with this.

I just took delivery of a brand new All in One PC with windows 10 Home pre-installed

I set the machine up with my usual account and password. When I go to sync settings there is a message that "Sync is not available with your account. Contact your system administrator to resolve this" Well I am the administrator because there is only me so what do I have to do to resolve this.

:)

mikeslovakia, Dec 9, 2018

2. Can't change content sync settings (greyed out)

Here is a copy of some of the things that I've found and some steps I've taken in tyring to resolve this issue:

Not sure if this has been reported yet but I have only just notice that in ActiveSync on my PDA under “Menu” and “Options” (which I can only access when I unplug my PDA from my laptop) I have two lots of the “Workouts, Meals, Health, Extras” listed.

There is only one set listed in WMDC 6.1.

One lot has been “ticked” but not the other lot??

All are “greyed out” and I can’t un-tick or delete them on my PDA. Of course the “Change content sync settings” on my laptop WMDC are still greyed out.

When I uninstalled the VidaOne programs off my PPC the two sets of “Workouts, Meals, Health, Extras” were still listed in the Options. This is after a soft reset and before I did a sync.

I then completed a couple of syncs and they are still there, two sets, and one set ticked and one not.

Although, after removing the programs from my PPC I now can access the “Change sync settings” in WMDC 6.1 and the four options are there but not ticked. I ticked them, even though there is nothing to sync to on my PDA, all except the Meals which won’t
    let me tick it. I can still perform a sync without any error messages?

No wait, now I have three lots of “Workouts, Health, Extras” on my PDA under Options and only two lots of “Meals”!!! Two lots (except the missing “Meals”) are tick and one lot isn’t. All are greyed out still.

I sync again and plan to un-tick them in WMDC.

Now, without doing anything they aren’t ticked in WMDC, but they are still as they were in ActiveSync on my PDA??

Soft reset again and three sets are still listed on my PDA (with the missing “Meals”) and ticked/un-ticked as previously described.

Next I deleted the partnership from my PDA only, reconnected, set up a new partnership and ensured that the VidaOne options were not selected in WMDC. When I finished the sync there is still one set of items are listed in my PDA under “Options” and
    greyed out.

Does this help anyone?

Insp Gadget, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Inbox7 Win User
    Can't change content sync settings (greyed out)

I too have a Sprint Mogul WM6 device, WMDC, and MySportTraining and am having the same problems listed above. Sync has become unreliable and my 'Change Content Sync settings' are greyed out.

Inbox7, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Darshan J Win User

Sync settings greyed out

Cant sync settings in Windows 10

Hi,

To help you better please help us with the below information.

• Did you make any recent software/hardware changes on your computer?
    • Have you signed in to your computer using Microsoft account?
    • Is the sync settings is greyed out in the settings Windows?
    As an initial step I would suggest you sign out of Microsoft account and sign in again, see if the issue is resolved.

Also install all the pending updates on your system and check if it helps.

Refer the below link to know more about Sync settings

About sync settings on Windows 10 devices

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...cfa/about-sync-settings-on-windows-10-devices

Get back to us if you need further help on your issue.

Darshan J, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Sync settings greyed out

1. Sync settings greyed out - Similar Threads - Sync settings greyed

2. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....
  3. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....
  4. OneDrive "Settings" greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive "Settings" greyed out: I'm trying to get into my OneDrive settings, but it is greyed out. Why? How do I fix this? Thanks in advance for any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-settings-greyed-out/2d9706c6-d646-408f-a3c1-5647d0dc7187
  5. sync your settings is greyed out and won't load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync your settings is greyed out and won't load: i am unable to get into that module of settings because it simply won't load and guides on youtube don't do **** actually, i need some help with this issue...
  6. sync your settings is greyed out and won't load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sync your settings is greyed out and won't load: i am unable to get into that module of settings because it simply won't load and guides on youtube don't do **** actually, i need some help with this issue...
  7. sync your settings is greyed out and won't load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Settings selection is greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings selection is greyed out: I have just activated OneDrive on a new laptop. It immediately started to synch all files. I stopped the synch because I only want to install a subset of my OneDrive on this laptop. If found how to do that elsewhere in this Community but the first steps are: more>Settings -...
  9. Sync Settings & Settings in Edge are greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync Settings & Settings in Edge are greyed out: I bought (Jan 2019) a demo machine at Costco. It has Win 10 v 1809 on it. I cannot save any favorites in Edge and settings is greyed out. When I looked at sync your settings, there is a message saying "some settings are managed by your organization" - I have looked at many...
  10. Sync your settings - buttons greyed out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sync your settings - buttons greyed out: The background on my laptop did not change when I chose a new background for my desktop recently. Both machines have been synced for a long time without change. "Sync settings" is "On" on my laptop. My desktop, however, has a message,"Some Windows features are only available...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 sync settings greyed out

2. sync settings greyed out

3. sync format is not available for your account. Contact your system administrator to resolve windows 10

4. why are my sync settings greyed out,
  5. sync not available for your account. contact your system administrator to resolve this.,
  6. windows 10 sync settings grayed out domain 1809,
  7. Windows Sync button greyed out,
  8. 1809 sync grayout,
  9. windows 10n sync settings grayed out,
  10. sync settings are greyed out