Windows 10: "sync settings" on Windows 10 doesn't do anything

Discus and support "sync settings" on Windows 10 doesn't do anything in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As I said, I can't get sync settings to work. Please, please, please read my list of what I've done so we don't waste anyone's time. This is now my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alikatz, Jun 28, 2019.

1. alikatz Win User

"sync settings" on Windows 10 doesn't do anything

As I said, I can't get sync settings to work. Please, please, please read my list of what I've done so we don't waste anyone's time. This is now my SECOND BRAND NEW MACHINE with this problem. Resetting Windows or creating a new user account is a total waste of time because I'm *just setting up windows* and *it's already a new user account*.

- I have followed all appropriate directions about how to turn on sync

- I have updated Windows on both machines

- I ran the SFC scan on both computers; nothing came up on the new one, a few files were fixed on the old one

- The troubleshooter on the new computer gives me

- can't connect to sync settings

- rootcauses found and created some logs

- some sync settings have been turned off

- in the details for everything checked it says "issue not found"

- The troubleshooter on the old computer provides the same

Maybe this whole thing is moot. All I'd like to do is transfer my settings from my older computer to my new so I don't have to do them all manually. That's what this is supposed to do, correct?

:)

alikatz, Jun 28, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

"sync settings" on Windows 10 doesn't do anything [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 28, 2019
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jun 28, 2019
  4. "sync settings" on Windows 10 doesn't do anything

setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

Moved from es-ES

YESICAAMAYA, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

"sync settings" on Windows 10 doesn't do anything

1. "sync settings" on Windows 10 doesn't do anything - Similar Threads - sync settings doesn't

2. changing power mode from settings doesn't do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing power mode from settings doesn't do anything: so i just searched for a solution because it only shows balanced mode in power plan options in control panel, then i found a solution that one worked, but when i try to change power plan it only works from control panel, if i change it from settings in system > power &...
  3. changing power mode from settings doesn't do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing power mode from settings doesn't do anything: so i just searched for a solution because it only shows balanced mode in power plan options in control panel, then i found a solution that one worked, but when i try to change power plan it only works from control panel, if i change it from settings in system > power &...
  4. Pc device doesn't do anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc device doesn't do anything.: Hello,I am a 14 years old kid trying to boot my pc but i can't.1 Month ago I tried to installa game and when i did try i opened winrar and it showed me a setup.I knew about it was a scam or something bc i was also trying downloading other games from the same site but this one...
  5. Pc device doesn't do anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc device doesn't do anything.: Hello,I am a 14 years old kid trying to boot my pc but i can't.1 Month ago I tried to installa game and when i did try i opened winrar and it showed me a setup.I knew about it was a scam or something bc i was also trying downloading other games from the same site but this one...
  6. Windows Doesn't Let Me Do Anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Doesn't Let Me Do Anything: Hello folks. I was hoping someone can tell me what to do. I have this huge problem where my windows doesn't let me open the start menu, doesn't let me run any programs, apps. I can't even use my wifi extender because it says it doesn't work with the drive. I can't even open...
  7. sync settings in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    sync settings in windows 10: whenever I turn on sync settings it will reset back to off in a few hours or on restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-settings-in-windows-10/ecd44bf1-c253-4bc2-bc70-caa62b80ad78
  8. Chrome not syncing anything even though set to sync

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome not syncing anything even though set to sync: I installed win 10 pro, then chrome, then signed in to chrome. Normally it simply starts syncing, sends everything, passwords, bookmarks, etc.. apps. But it refuses to sync. Tried turning off signing out signing in, turning sync on. it claims its syncing, but no evidence. I...
  9. Startup Settings not doing anything?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Settings not doing anything?: On Windows 10, when I hold Shift and click the Power Button to get Advanced Startup < Advanced Options < Startup Settings and restart, it shows the selections but whenever I try to click (4) to go into Safe Boot, nothing happens. In fact, any selection or any button I press...
  10. Pinning to Taskbar doesn't do Anything

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning to Taskbar doesn't do Anything: Hi, I'm currently having a problem where pinning any kind of shortcut to the taskbar via its context menu doesn't do anything. That is, a pin doesn't appear on the taskbar, and in the location '%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar' no...