Windows 10: Sync Settings & Settings in Edge are greyed out

Discus and support Sync Settings & Settings in Edge are greyed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought (Jan 2019) a demo machine at Costco. It has Win 10 v 1809 on it. I cannot save any favorites in Edge and settings is greyed out. When I looked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MitchFriedman, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Sync Settings & Settings in Edge are greyed out

I bought (Jan 2019) a demo machine at Costco. It has Win 10 v 1809 on it. I cannot save any favorites in Edge and settings is greyed out. When I looked at sync your settings, there is a message saying "some settings are managed by your organization" - I have looked at many posts and cannot get this out. I was wondering if these are related and how to remove. Please advise. Thank you

:)

MitchFriedman, Jan 25, 2019

2. Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

Does that mean that even if Syncing is switched off in Account settings the Edge Favorites/Reading Lists will still be synced to the cloud.
    Also, Ive noticed that I don't have an option anymore to turn off Internet Explorer favorites Syncing under Account/Sync Your Settings. Internet Explorer used to be listed there and Syncing could be turned on and off with a toggle.
    There are times when cloud data corruption can mess up Syncing your favorites lists in Edge and Internet Explorer (duplicate entries etc) so you would need to stop them automatically syncing back to your account by disabling Syncing initially while you sorted your favorites out and turning syncing back on again.
    How do you do that firstly in the Edge browser and also in Internet Exporer if required?

sportsfan148, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

Hi All,
    I want to wipe the slate clean so that my Synced PC settings that are stored with my Microsoft Account are wiped clean and can start again from scratch. So yesterday I turned off Sync Settings under Accounts/Sync your Settings on my laptops and then I deleted my personal settings from the cloud.
    However, Today I noticed that in the Edge browser under settings the option to sync your favourites/reading lists/top sites and other settings across windows devices is enabled (not turned off) even though Sync your settings is turned off in Account/Sync Your settings. Does that mean that my favourites/reading lists etc will not have been deleted when I deleted my personal settings from the cloud yesterday i.e they will have immediately synced back to my Microsoft Account? As I described above Sync your settings in Accounts was (and still is) turned off before I deleted the personal settings from the cloud. I haven't turned Syncing back on in my Account settings yet at all.
    Does the On toggle in Edge settings work independently for Syncing Favourites or does it only work if Accounts/Sync Your Settings is turned on first ?

sportsfan148, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Sync Settings & Settings in Edge are greyed out

'Sync your settings'

I am unable to sync my desktop and laptop. My desktop reads, "Some features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account" and 'Sync settings' is off and greyed out. My laptop has 'sync settings' on. Both devices are set up the same way and I have the same Microsoft account for each. Both were synced once upon a time because I had the same background on both. I am unsure whether the change might have occurred when I updated both devices to Windows 10 last year. I appreciate there might be many reasons for the latest situation that will make the cause difficult to identify, but one suggestion or another might just help.

Bob Hawkins, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Sync Settings & Settings in Edge are greyed out

1. Sync Settings & Settings in Edge are greyed out - Similar Threads - Sync Settings Settings

2. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....
  3. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....
  4. sync your settings is greyed out and won't load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync your settings is greyed out and won't load: i am unable to get into that module of settings because it simply won't load and guides on youtube don't do **** actually, i need some help with this issue...
  5. sync your settings is greyed out and won't load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sync your settings is greyed out and won't load: i am unable to get into that module of settings because it simply won't load and guides on youtube don't do **** actually, i need some help with this issue...
  6. sync your settings is greyed out and won't load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Settings selection is greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings selection is greyed out: I have just activated OneDrive on a new laptop. It immediately started to synch all files. I stopped the synch because I only want to install a subset of my OneDrive on this laptop. If found how to do that elsewhere in this Community but the first steps are: more>Settings -...
  8. Sync settings greyed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sync settings greyed out: back in 2015 there was a problem with this. I just took delivery of a brand new All in One PC with windows 10 Home pre-installed I set the machine up with my usual account and password. When I go to sync settings there is a message that "Sync is not available with your...
  9. MS Edge "Settings" and "add favorites" greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge "Settings" and "add favorites" greyed out: I have windows 10, bought new with a Dell Computer. I have recently "imaged" my hard-drive to an SSD, which is now my main drive. I am unable to use "settings" or add to favorites on edge, as it is greyed out. I have tried "app trouble shooter" and SFC "system file...
  10. Sync your settings - buttons greyed out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sync your settings - buttons greyed out: The background on my laptop did not change when I chose a new background for my desktop recently. Both machines have been synced for a long time without change. "Sync settings" is "On" on my laptop. My desktop, however, has a message,"Some Windows features are only available...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 sync settings greyed out

2. edge sync geryed out

3. sync settings greyed out

4. edge sync settings greyed out,
  5. edge ync account favorites greyed out,
  6. microsoft edge settings greyed out,
  7. microsoft edge sync settings greyed out,
  8. win10 sync your settings not available workspace,
  9. settings in edge are greyed out,
  10. edge browser sync favorites grayed out for IE,
  11. some settings were locked in edge browser,