Windows 10: Sync settings turns back on after restarting/signing out

Discus and support Sync settings turns back on after restarting/signing out in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Looks like this month's patch Tuesday broke the sync settings in Windows 10. Every time I restart my PC or sign out of my account the settings turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shervin_1, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Sync settings turns back on after restarting/signing out

Looks like this month's patch Tuesday broke the sync settings in Windows 10. Every time I restart my PC or sign out of my account the settings turns back on. I'm using a local account which means the settings should be off by default. I also tried to use Group Policy to turn off syncing, but it seems like Windows ignores it. Does anybody else have this issue?

submitted by /u/Shervin_1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shervin_1, Aug 12, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

You can now sign-in and sync favorites with Microsoft Edge on Linux

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...ft/m-p/2230134

Brink, Aug 12, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Aug 12, 2022
  4. jimhoyle Win User

Sync settings turns back on after restarting/signing out

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Aug 12, 2022
Thema:

Sync settings turns back on after restarting/signing out

1. Sync settings turns back on after restarting/signing out - Similar Threads - Sync settings turns

2. Scaling changes to 100% after restart or sign out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scaling changes to 100% after restart or sign out: I have an Alienware X17 R2 running on Windows 11. I set a custom scaling to 115% as 100% is too small and 120% is too big for me. So I set a custom scaling which is 115%. However, this issue happens and it is the first for me. Whenever I restart or sign in into my PC, the...
  3. Scaling changes to 100% after restart or sign out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scaling changes to 100% after restart or sign out: I have an Alienware X17 R2 running on Windows 11. I set a custom scaling to 115% as 100% is too small and 120% is too big for me. So I set a custom scaling which is 115%. However, this issue happens and it is the first for me. Whenever I restart or sign in into my PC, the...
  4. Sync your settings Grayed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sync your settings Grayed out: The Icon for turning your Sync settings is Grayed out in the off position will not turn on Please Advise how to correct this. Laptop with news Win 10 download....
  5. Win10 Signs-In Users After Sign-Out then Restart

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win10 Signs-In Users After Sign-Out then Restart: I have a fairly new 2 months Dell XPS 8930. I created 2 user accounts. If I use Start...User...Sign Out on either account, everything goes as expected and I am taken back to the Sign-In screen. If I then use the Power button in the lower right and choose Restart, the...
  6. Sync your settings can't be turned on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync your settings can't be turned on: [ATTACH]I don't know if it ever let me sync but I want it to sync now because I want to use Edge on my phone when my favorites synced with edge on my pc...
  7. Sync Settings & Settings in Edge are greyed out

Sync Settings & Settings in Edge are greyed out: I bought (Jan 2019) a demo machine at Costco. It has Win 10 v 1809 on it. I cannot save any favorites in Edge and settings is greyed out. When I looked at sync your settings, there is a message saying "some settings are managed by your organization" - I have looked at many...
  8. Sync settings greyed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sync settings greyed out: back in 2015 there was a problem with this. I just took delivery of a brand new All in One PC with windows 10 Home pre-installed I set the machine up with my usual account and password. When I go to sync settings there is a message that "Sync is not available with your...
  9. Sync your settings grayed out

Sync your settings grayed out: Under Accounts -> Sync your settings, everything is grayed out. It says to contact administrator but I am the administrator of the computer. I have Windows 10 Home on the computer....
  10. Turn On AutoEndTasks at Restart, Shut down, or Sign out of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On AutoEndTasks at Restart, Shut down, or Sign out of Windows 10: How to: Turn On AutoEndTasks at Restart, Shut down, or Sign out of Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off AutoEndTasks at Restart, Shut down, or Sign out of Windows 10 When apps (tasks) do not end (close) automatically when you are HungAppTimeout) by default before the End...