Windows 10: Sync two computers - Windows 10

Discus and support Sync two computers - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Not finding basic instructions on how to sync two computers (desktop / laptop) so that both serve as a file back up to the other. They both run off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dennis G Burt, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Sync two computers - Windows 10

Not finding basic instructions on how to sync two computers (desktop / laptop) so that both serve as a file back up to the other.

They both run off the same modem, both on the same version of windows 10. One computer is new (clean - no files).

:)

Dennis G Burt, Apr 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Sync two computers - Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Sync two computers - Windows 10

1. Sync two computers - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sync computers

2. I have a new computer. I downloaded chrome. It is not syncing. It says I need the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new computer. I downloaded chrome. It is not syncing. It says I need the...: I have a new computer. I downloaded chrome. It is not syncing. It says I need the administrator to add sync. I am the admistrator. How do I go about doing this?...
  3. I have a new computer. I downloaded chrome. It is not syncing. It says I need the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a new computer. I downloaded chrome. It is not syncing. It says I need the...: I have a new computer. I downloaded chrome. It is not syncing. It says I need the administrator to add sync. I am the admistrator. How do I go about doing this?...
  4. Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro: Background: I have encrypted most of my data files on computer A using EFS. I sync those files with computer B using Syncthing. I have installed the EFS certificate from computer A onto computer B and vice versa. Both computers use Windows Pro and NTFS. My question: If I edit...
  5. Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro

Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro: Background: I have encrypted most of my data files on computer A using EFS. I sync those files with computer B using Syncthing. I have installed the EFS certificate from computer A onto computer B and vice versa. Both computers use Windows Pro and NTFS. My question: If I edit...
  6. How do I use Google Drive and sync my computer with it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I use Google Drive and sync my computer with it?: I'd like to learn how to use Google Drive. I have about 11 thousand downloads stored on my computer, and I'd like to back them up into the cloud in case anything happens to my computer, but I have a few concerns and questions. My first and most important question is: How do I...
  7. How do I use Google Drive and sync my computer with it?

How do I use Google Drive and sync my computer with it?: I'd like to learn how to use Google Drive. I have about 11 thousand downloads stored on my computer, and I'd like to back them up into the cloud in case anything happens to my computer, but I have a few concerns and questions. My first and most important question is: How do I...
  8. OneDrive Sync is messing with my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Sync is messing with my computer: So earlier today i decided to Sync my Pc with Onedrive because it kept telling me to, but then there was a few apps that couldn’t Sync so i wanted to stop and quit Syncing altogether but when i try to it causes problems for everything, my Desktop shortcuts just disappear and...
  9. OneDrive Sync is messing with my computer

OneDrive Sync is messing with my computer: So earlier today i decided to Sync my Pc with Onedrive because it kept telling me to, but then there was a few apps that couldn’t Sync so i wanted to stop and quit Syncing altogether but when i try to it causes problems for everything, my Desktop shortcuts just disappear and...
  10. My onedrive seems to sync to every computer i log into on my email, how do i fix this?

in Cortana
    My onedrive seems to sync to every computer i log into on my email, how do i fix this?: My onedrive seems to sync to every computer i log into on my email? ie; i checked my emails at my mums house now all her stuff is on my computer.i'd like to ring someone to talk me through a solution. as since one drive was activated on my work computer all my outlook has...