Windows 10: Sync Windows 10 files on 2 identical Pcs

Discus and support Sync Windows 10 files on 2 identical Pcs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a live Dell Optiplex PC and a identical back-up PC both with identical Windows 10 operating systems (version 1909) and configurations. Both PCs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SyncIt, Dec 16, 2019.

1. SyncIt Win User

Sync Windows 10 files on 2 identical Pcs

I have a live Dell Optiplex PC and a identical back-up PC both with identical Windows 10 operating systems (version 1909) and configurations.
    Both PCs have identical applications loaded and share the same ethernet internet connection, they also both have Wifi enabled.

Just in case the live box ever fails for any reason, whenever they get updated or changed, I want to AUTOMATICALLY copy the
    modified "live files" from the live box to the backup box, so that I could use the backup as a "Hot Start" main PC whilst
    the other is being fixed.

I want to keep the files themselves on both the actual PCs and whilst I'm happy to have a further copy on the Cloud
    or Onedrive, I MUST keep the live & backup files on the physical PCs themselves.

Both Pcs have an identical single Microsoft User account (also the Administrator).

I've tried syncing the appropriate files via Onedrive and Network Sharing - but can't get anything to do what I want!
    Any ideas please?

:)

SyncIt, Dec 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 16, 2019
  3. How to sync 2 identical phones to 1 PC with 2 profiles

My girlfriend and I just bought 2 identical XDA Orbit2 (Touch Cruise). We both used PCC Phones for a long time and have 2 profiles on the PC to keep things seperate.

However with the identical phones my PC fails to recognise the difference and try to sync to the same file. Now that it doesn't even sync with one of them.

Help!

SlugRunner, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Identical File Finder

@Ford
    I don't think that step #3 is even needed. The probabiliy of two MD5 hashes from differing files colliding is what, 2^-128 ?
    Even if your were hashing a million files the odds of a hash collision on differing files is astronomically small.

Kreij, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Sync Windows 10 files on 2 identical Pcs - Similar Threads - Sync files identical

2. Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs: Hi,I am using Office 365 subscription on my Laptop and syncing all files via onedrive. I want to setup a PC at my office and want to use same account on that PC too. Would I be able to sync onedrive files between my laptop and PC.For ex: I have saved Folder A at desktop in my...
  3. Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs: Hi,I am using Office 365 subscription on my Laptop and syncing all files via onedrive. I want to setup a PC at my office and want to use same account on that PC too. Would I be able to sync onedrive files between my laptop and PC.For ex: I have saved Folder A at desktop in my...
  4. Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PCs syncing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCs syncing: I bought a new pc and gave my old one to my brother after I gave it to him he log into it with his Microsoft account. But every time he downloads something it shows up on my pc. And whenever I download something it shows up on his pc....
  6. PCs syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCs syncing: I bought a new pc and gave my old one to my brother after I gave it to him he log into it with his Microsoft account. But every time he downloads something it shows up on my pc. And whenever I download something it shows up on his pc....
  7. PCs syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Use OneDrive to sync files on 2 PCs

Use OneDrive to sync files on 2 PCs: I have 2 PCs that have many common folders and document files as well as some that are unique to each computer. I want to set up OneDrive to create one set of merged folders and files that will sync across the 2 PCs. i would obviously like to avoid duplicate files. And,...
  9. Sync Windows 10 files on 2 identical Pcs

Sync Windows 10 files on 2 identical Pcs: I have a live Dell Optiplex PC and a identical back-up PC both with identical Windows 10 operating systems (version 1909) and configurations. Both PCs have identical applications loaded and share the same ethernet internet connection, they also both have Wifi enabled. Just...
  10. 2 identical Files installed and 2 differents content....

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 identical Files installed and 2 differents content....: First of all, I am french so, sorry for mistakes, I just bought i new laptop with windows 10 and I had a problem with my different windows users .So I just finished erasing everything and now its a new one! So here is my problem. It seems that i dont see all files when i...