Windows 10: Sync windows settings to Microsoft account after work account has been connected to

Discus and support Sync windows settings to Microsoft account after work account has been connected to in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am working on Windows 10 and updates are up to date. I am signing in with a Microsoft account and my account sync windows settings perfectly across... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stephende, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Stephende Win User

Sync windows settings to Microsoft account after work account has been connected to

I am working on Windows 10 and updates are up to date. I am signing in with a Microsoft account and my account sync windows settings perfectly across devices. I also have 2 X office 365 work prescriptions. I am therefor required to Access my work or school account and therefor needs to connect my work or school account to my Microsoft accounts under "Settings\Accounts\Access work or school". The moment that I connect my work or school account my Microsoft account (that I sign in with) stops syncing windows settings. I get the following message: "Sync is not available for you account. Contact your system administrator".

:)

Stephende, Sep 5, 2018
  2. silkstone Win User

Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

Hi guys,

I have a small dilemma and if anyone could give some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

My school is switching from Gmail and Gdrive to Outlook and Onedrive for mail and cloud services soon.

They provide us all with a small netbook, but I prefer to use my personal laptop in class as it allows me to run Ubuntu in a VM for various applications I need to use for practical work. In general, it's all-round easier to work with a full size laptop (and keyboard) than with a tiddly netbook.

I already have windows 8.1 on my laptop with an offline account. To be able to use the offline and folder syncing facilities of Onedrive, I understand that I will need to log in to windows with my work e-mail to do this, and I believe I can disable all sync settings

I'm wondering what the implications would be to log into my personal computer with my work account ( changing my current account from a local account). If I turn off the option to sync settings, is any other information sent to Microsoft?

silkstone, Sep 5, 2018
  3. silkstone Win User
    Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

I was thinking of doing that, but it will be a PITA setting everything up on the 2nd account again. I might go that way and just spend the time getting the account in order.

The problem is, I would need to switch at the start of every day. Extra reset and waiting for the settings to be applied etc. Also, I'm not sure whether one drive would be maintained after switching back to a local account. I wouldn't want to have to re-sync every time I logged in. I may have to do some testing to see if onedrive is maintained after switching back to a local account.

silkstone, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Sync windows settings to Microsoft account after work account has been connected to

Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Sync windows settings to Microsoft account after work account has been connected to

1. Sync windows settings to Microsoft account after work account has been connected to - Similar Threads - Sync settings Microsoft

2. Microsoft Account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account has been hacked: Hi!I just noticed that somebody got access to my Microsoft account. I noticed when i got a SMS on my Phone, that my number was removed from my Microsoft Account. I tried filling out the form, but this account is more than 10 years old and i have no idea what kinda contacts i...
  3. Microsoft Account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account has been hacked: Hi!I just noticed that somebody got access to my Microsoft account. I noticed when i got a SMS on my Phone, that my number was removed from my Microsoft Account. I tried filling out the form, but this account is more than 10 years old and i have no idea what kinda contacts i...
  4. Microsoft account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account has been hacked: Hi all,My Microsoft account has been hacked, I have receive and e-mail from Microsoft that details has been changed, but went I went in to change it it was already been changed. Cannot get any help from Microsoft as they respond only in 24 hours. In this time my whole gaming...
  5. Microsoft account has been hacked

Microsoft account has been hacked: Hi all,My Microsoft account has been hacked, I have receive and e-mail from Microsoft that details has been changed, but went I went in to change it it was already been changed. Cannot get any help from Microsoft as they respond only in 24 hours. In this time my whole gaming...
  6. Microsoft Account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account has been hacked: Hi!My microsoft account got hacked and the hacker changed my microsoft account gmail. Is there a way i can get my account back?[Original Title: I need help]...
  7. Microsoft Account has been hacked

Microsoft Account has been hacked: Hi!My microsoft account got hacked and the hacker changed my microsoft account gmail. Is there a way i can get my account back?[Original Title: I need help]...
  8. Microsoft Account has been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Microsoft account has been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account has been hacked: My personal Microsoft account has been hacked, I have tried recovery but can't get anywhere. There is no number to call no help to be received. Has anyone experienced this? What are the options? If your Instagram gets hacked there are many reminders, but Microsoft doesn't...
  10. Microsoft account has not been converted to the local account...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account has not been converted to the local account...: After a normal reboot i have this problem. I want to switch to local account from Microsoft account, but when i try to switch i receive this alert: Windows 10 has an error your microsoft account has not been converted to the local account error 0x80004005 Can you help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft work account sync settings

2. work or school accounts has disabled pc sync

3. how to sync my settings in work or school account