Windows 10: Sync Your Setting and OneDrive

Discus and support Sync Your Setting and OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,The Sync Your Setting under Account - does this have anything to do with OneDrive? If I turn off all syncing in Sync Your Settings and clear it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YLeung_036, May 26, 2023.

1. Sync Your Setting and OneDrive

Hello,The Sync Your Setting under Account - does this have anything to do with OneDrive? If I turn off all syncing in Sync Your Settings and clear it from the Microsoft Account, will OneDrive still sync?Thanks

:)

YLeung_036, May 26, 2023
  2. Kari Win User

OneDrive Sync Issue

Honestly, I don't understand why you haven't already tried to boot with WinPE or other live disk and manually remove the file? This example using Macrium WinPE boot disk, download Macrium Free and let it create a boot disk for you. Option to create one is shown automatically when you launch Macrium first time:

Sync Your Setting and OneDrive 28714d1485953804t-onedrive-sync-issue-2015-08-06_00h31_38.png

1. Switch to C: drive
    2. Change the working folder to your OneDrive folder
    3. Check that the file has no Read Only (r) and System (s) attributes set. As the file name in your case is quite long, you don't have to type the full name. Use the *.* wildcard to replace any number of characters in file name and any extension, in your case command attrib .849C*.* should be enough
    4. If r and / or s attributes are shown for the file, remove them with command attrib .849C*.* -r -s
    5. Check that attributes r & s are removed
    6. Delete the file with del .849C*.*
    (Steps 3 & 5 not necessary; step 3 because removing attributes as in step 4 removes them if set but does no harm if not set, and step 5 because the attrib command works for 100% sure if no error messages are given.)

The file should be removed now. You can test with command dir .849C*.*, it should not be shown anymore.

3. Brink Win User
    OneDrive sync now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries

Source: OneDrive sync on Windows now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries - Microsoft Tech Community

Brink, May 26, 2023
  4. Sync Your Setting and OneDrive

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Sync Your Setting and OneDrive

1. Sync Your Setting and OneDrive - Similar Threads - Sync Setting OneDrive

2. Sync Your Setting and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Your Setting and OneDrive: Hello,The Sync Your Setting under Account - does this have anything to do with OneDrive? If I turn off all syncing in Sync Your Settings and clear it from the Microsoft Account, will OneDrive still sync?Thanks...
  3. Sync Your Setting and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Your Setting and OneDrive: Hello,The Sync Your Setting under Account - does this have anything to do with OneDrive? If I turn off all syncing in Sync Your Settings and clear it from the Microsoft Account, will OneDrive still sync?Thanks...
  4. sync your setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync your setting: hi , i would like to ask you , why i cannot turn on my sync setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-your-setting/7cc59b12-3982-4d86-ae79-207c3373daeb
  5. sync your setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sync your setting: hi , i would like to ask you , why i cannot turn on my sync setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-your-setting/7cc59b12-3982-4d86-ae79-207c3373daeb
  6. sync your setting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Problem with "Sync your Settings"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with "Sync your Settings": Since more than a year I am fighting with this stupid thing and I am unable to resolve it. In individual settings I have this: [ATTACH] I cannot get rid of this at all. Whenever, I try to verify it a "carousel" starts at which end nothing has happened. Simply said, I get...
  8. OneDrive and syncing your **** on windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and syncing your **** on windows: Well how amazingly intuitive ONEDRIVE is - decides to just install on your machine and BAM you got it with no freaken warning! Must sound like a privilege to have right? Well F**k no it isn't! Why must Microsoft do this stupid ****, where if you didn't decided to add...
  9. Sync your settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync your settings: Have bought a new Desktop and when I try to Sync with my other devices I get the message ' Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation' how do I change this to be able to Sync me settings. I have been told it was due to a Windows update, but my other computer...
  10. 'Sync your settings'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    'Sync your settings': I am unable to sync my desktop and laptop. My desktop reads, "Some features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account" and 'Sync settings' is off and greyed out. My laptop has 'sync settings' on. Both devices are set up the same way and I have...