Windows 10: Sync your settings - buttons greyed out

Discus and support Sync your settings - buttons greyed out in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; The background on my laptop did not change when I chose a new background for my desktop recently. Both machines have been synced for a long time... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Bob Hawkins, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Sync your settings - buttons greyed out

The background on my laptop did not change when I chose a new background for my desktop recently. Both machines have been synced for a long time without change. "Sync settings" is "On" on my laptop. My desktop, however, has a message,"Some Windows features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account." in red, the names with their buttons are greyed out and "Sync settings" is "Off". My Microsoft account has been set up and remained constant as far back as I can remember. I use its password every day to sign in to both machines.
    NOTE: When opening my account at https://account.microsoft.com/, my laptop alone is registered. I do not remember this being an issue previously, however. In any case, registration choices appear to be limited to Microsoft products such as Surface, XBox, Surface Book and Microsoft Band.

:)

Bob Hawkins, Nov 27, 2016

2. Syncing settings

In Settings...Sync my settings the sync button is set to off and is greyed out and will not move. I want to switch it to ON to sync my settings but it will not move.

GillianRobinson, Nov 27, 2016
  3. Tasks Don't Sync

Andman150 wrote:

When I attempt to adjust the sync settings for tasks the option is "greyed" out. Any suggestions for correcting this problem would be most appreciated.

I am assuming that it is greyed out on your device but is it also greyed out if you look at the sync settings on your PC?

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Nov 27, 2016
Thema:

Sync your settings - buttons greyed out

1. Sync your settings - buttons greyed out - Similar Threads - Sync settings buttons

2. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....
  3. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....
  4. greyed out button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    greyed out button: i want to change my display resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 on Windows 11 but the button is greyed out so i can't do soisthere any way i can change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greyed-out-button/8db43d0b-eea7-4b2b-91da-ea16ff26b955
  5. sync your settings is greyed out and won't load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync your settings is greyed out and won't load: i am unable to get into that module of settings because it simply won't load and guides on youtube don't do **** actually, i need some help with this issue...
  6. sync your settings is greyed out and won't load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sync your settings is greyed out and won't load: i am unable to get into that module of settings because it simply won't load and guides on youtube don't do **** actually, i need some help with this issue...
  7. sync your settings is greyed out and won't load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Button greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Button greyed out: so i reset my computer today factory reset as i felt my computer was having problems i also recently posted about this issue and i though the reset solved it... i was able to download a free program until i logged into my account... then the grey button of death...
  9. Sync Settings & Settings in Edge are greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync Settings & Settings in Edge are greyed out: I bought (Jan 2019) a demo machine at Costco. It has Win 10 v 1809 on it. I cannot save any favorites in Edge and settings is greyed out. When I looked at sync your settings, there is a message saying "some settings are managed by your organization" - I have looked at many...
  10. Sync settings greyed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sync settings greyed out: back in 2015 there was a problem with this. I just took delivery of a brand new All in One PC with windows 10 Home pre-installed I set the machine up with my usual account and password. When I go to sync settings there is a message that "Sync is not available with your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. greyed out sync buttons on win10