Windows 10: syncbackfree error, says file is locked, f manager shows empty folder?

Discus and support syncbackfree error, says file is locked, f manager shows empty folder? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; why is this file not appearing in file manager? syncbackfree shows it's name with a backup error What's going on here? Dont like this strange issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sdowney717, Dec 18, 2020.

1. syncbackfree error, says file is locked, f manager shows empty folder?

why is this file not appearing in file manager?
    syncbackfree shows it's name with a backup error
    What's going on here? Dont like this strange issue.

syncbackfree error, says file is locked, f manager shows empty folder? [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

cmd dir shows folder empty, so what is going on with it?

- - - Updated - - -

File manager is set to show hidden files.
    Has windows done something to this file like to prevent anyone from ever being able to see it is there, even though the backup program can see it?

:)

sdowney717, Dec 18, 2020

2. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-475786-lost-my-files-in-folder-lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Dec 18, 2020
  3. AddSub Win User
    Free Folder Lock?

panchoman, dude?

HiddenStupid, this might work. (not sure if it works on NTFS)

Hide Folder HiBit lock 7.2.8

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/Hide-Folder-HiBit-lock.shtml

· Protect any folder or file by : Hide, Lock, Encrypt or make a folder as a recycle Bin.
    · The protected folders or files still protected even in other computers.
    · The protect Operation just take 1 second at any computer.
    · You can undelete the folder or file by Locking it.
    · Works with FAT32, FAT16, FAT12 and FAT and all windows versions.

10 runs trial and nag screen until registration. Registration is free

So, freeware after free registration.

Plenty more "lock folder" apps on Softpedia, very few that can hide AND lock.

AddSub, Dec 18, 2020
  4. YoKid Win User

syncbackfree error, says file is locked, f manager shows empty folder?

Locking/Hiding Folders.

Hi,
    I'm just looking for another program that would let me hide/lock some of the folders on my computer. Of course, easy to use and doesnt effect my computer in anyway.

I am using "Folder Lock" at the moment, but it is causing some trouble with blue screens popping up randomly (the windrvNT.Sys). I did a little research and was told that I either need to uninstall Folder Lock or rename the windrvNT.sys file, but it's such a pain; so thats why I'm here looking for a better program to lock/hide my folders/files.

*Note: I'm looking for a "program", not a trick *Eek! syncbackfree error, says file is locked, f manager shows empty folder? :eek: .
    Thanks in Advance~

YoKid-

YoKid, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

syncbackfree error, says file is locked, f manager shows empty folder?

1. syncbackfree error, says file is locked, f manager shows empty folder? - Similar Threads - syncbackfree error says

2. Font folder says it's empty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font folder says it's empty.: I'm trying to delete a font, but the when I got the CONTROL PANEL then FONTS, the folder is empty. I went to VIEW to unhide and still nothing. I went the Registry Editor and says it's in use. I bought a new copy of Microsoft Windows 10 and still the file is empty. Please...
  3. Font folder says it's empty.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font folder says it's empty.: I'm trying to delete a font, but the when I got the CONTROL PANEL then FONTS, the folder is empty. I went to VIEW to unhide and still nothing. I went the Registry Editor and says it's in use. I bought a new copy of Microsoft Windows 10 and still the file is empty. Please...
  4. Font folder says it's empty.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Restart Manager says a file is locked, rebooting shows no title for the reason could be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart Manager says a file is locked, rebooting shows no title for the reason could be...: When uninstalling an MSI Restart manager says a critical application holds file[s] in use so a reboot is necessary, but checking file handles shows nothing of the uninstalled msi is being locked and all files are already wiped. After reboot the Event Viewer Log shows "The...
  6. Restart Manager says a file is locked, rebooting shows no title for the reason could be...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart Manager says a file is locked, rebooting shows no title for the reason could be...: When uninstalling an MSI Restart manager says a critical application holds file[s] in use so a reboot is necessary, but checking file handles shows nothing of the uninstalled msi is being locked and all files are already wiped. After reboot the Event Viewer Log shows "The...
  7. Restart Manager says a file is locked, rebooting shows no title for the reason could be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. download folders show empty

download folders show empty: i have a lenovo lap top with windows 10 pre installed and when i download any files they show empty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-folders-show-empty/a865bfc2-3105-4dc0-bf60-53631888f39d
  9. Desktop empty but there are files in the folder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop empty but there are files in the folder?: So my father has the problem that nothing is displayed on the desktop of his laptop. Even after he reboots. In the files folder under the desktop, the files that are no longer visible are stored normally. Whatever he changed, how do you fix it? It's a Windows 10 laptop if...
  10. User folder says empty

User folder says empty: I have just bought a new laptop and have added it to my network, I am trying to open the user file from another computer on the network but when I open it I get a pop up that says the file is empty. I can access it from my little note book and all the files are there but not...