Windows 10: Synced Theme

Discus and support Synced Theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Have created a background, set a specific color to the taskbar, etc. When I check Windows 10 in VMware(!) (Control Panel->Appearance and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tfwul, Jun 28, 2016.

1. tfwul Win User

Synced Theme

Have created a background, set a specific color to the taskbar, etc.

When I check Windows 10 in VMware(!)
    (Control Panel->Appearance and Personalization->Personalization)
    I noticed a Synchronized Theme.
    The background indeed is the same as on my host-pc, however the taskbar color is slightly different.

Q: what exactly is synchronized?
    Is that limited to the desktop background only or is there a way to have the taskbar and title bars also synchronized

=

:)

tfwul, Jun 28, 2016

2. How do I disable wallpaper syncing in Windows 10?

Telling people who want to disable theme syncing by disabling theme syncing is not useful.

It's not under display or themes.

It is under Accounts, Sync your settings, Theme ON/OFF.

Hope others find this useful.

And thanks to Bing ( when I searched 'theme sync windows 10') as it found a 'Help from Microsoft' which had a button to 'Open Sync Settings" which took me straight to it.

Cheers, Glen.

GlenFastGlass, Jun 28, 2016
  3. xweel Win User
    Synced Theme doesn't work

Thanks for the reply ^^

I can't think of any major changes that I have done, and I ran the troubleshooter before, but I did so again now. At first it showed me a message saying that some apps have sync turned off after clicking next I got two issues detected:

-No rootcauses found and created logs

-Some settings have sync turned off (in Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings, I have everything turned on, of course including "Theme")

After constantly switching between the "Unsaved Theme" and the "Synced Theme" on the main PC, the wallpaper on the second PC finally changed, but the main PC is still on "Unsaved Theme" while the second is on "Synced Theme". I tried changing the wallpaper
    again on the main PC, but it didn't change on the second PC.

Here is the current situation:

Wallpaper 1, Wallpaper 2, and Wallpaper 3.

Wallpaper 1 on main PC and second PC is synced.

Changed to Wallpaper 2 on main PC, but second PC stayed on Wallpaper 1.The "Synced Theme" had Wallpaper 1 in both PCs.

After constantly switching themes in the main PC, the "Synced Theme" and the second PC finally displayed Wallpaper 2. (I also turned the Sync settings on and off 2 or 3 times before it synced, but of course it was on before running the troubleshooter)

Now the main PC is still on "Unsaved Theme" with Wallpaper 2, which is no problem, but I tried changing to Wallpaper 3 and it didn't sync. Switching to "Synced Theme" on the main PC still shows Wallpaper 2, and changing to Wallpaper 3 while on "Synced Theme"
    changes the used theme from "Synced Theme" to "Unsaved Theme" on the main PC.

*Changing to Wallpaper 2 was done yesterday, and it only finally synced an hour or so after posting this question.

Does syncing take 1 day? I doubt it.

So basically I am not able to change the wallpaper on the "Synced Theme" properly. If there is a specific workaround way to edit the "Synced Theme" that would be great even if it's a more complicated process then simply changing the background on a PC.

Thanks ^_^

xweel, Jun 28, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Synced Theme

It should sync everything it can.
    Background´, accent colors and any color settings you have changed in the registry(AeroHybrid theme) or if you use a High Contrast theme.
    For cursors, sounds, and screen savers, they need to be first installed on the machine being sync'd to, for them to take effect.

I have only had problems with the theme syncing, and it gets corrupted pretty quick, so I keep(and strongly recommend if you have a complicated theme) that turned off.

Cliff S, Jun 28, 2016
  5. tfwul Win User
    I am getting slightly different colours though and maybe it has something to do with synchronizing...?

see screenshot
    (1)
    Themes VM: Unsaved Theme - MyStyleWithColorTitle - Synced Theme - Windows
    notice different taskbar color.

(2) taskbar color host-pc

(3) Themes host pc

(4) Colour settings both host and vm
    Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar=ON
    Make Start, taskbar, and action center transparent=ON
    Same colour selected

Synced Theme [​IMG]

=

tfwul, Jun 28, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Try this:

• Make sure you have all Integration Services for your Win10 VM turned on.
    • Turn off theme syncing in the VM.
    • On the host, save the theme for sharing.
    • Drag & drop the theme to your VM desktop and click & install it.
    • Now see if there are any differences.
    • If there are still, it has to do with the virtual hardware.

Cliff S, Jun 28, 2016
  7. tfwul Win User
    Probably Integration Services is linked to Hyper-V only(?)
    VMware Workstation has VMware Tools, FWIW.
    I did 3 and 4.
    Only after I set Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar=>ON there were no differences.
    However, I am not sure if changes on the host-pc will get thru to the VM now and if so, when...
    Does it require a reboot ?

Thanks
    =

tfwul, Jun 28, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

Synced Theme

Yep VMWare tools(sorry it's been a while since I used VMWare*Redface)
    No it doesn't need a reboot.
    When I used them syncing, it was pretty much instantaneous, and that with my Desktop(host) VM, and a laptop in the other room.

Cliff S, Jun 29, 2016
  9. tfwul Win User
    How do you do item 2: Turn off theme syncing in the VM?
    As said, I copied the theme to VM, double clicked it and installed it. Now things look the same.
    However, whatever I change on the host, nothing happens on VM.
    Wonder what would be different from your situation...

=

tfwul, Jun 29, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Settings App\Accounts\Sync your settings, then turn off theme.*Smile(or on if that is what you wish, but then both host & VM should have it on.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Synced Theme

1. Synced Theme - Similar Threads - Synced Theme

2. Cannot sync themes anymore in Win10 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sync themes anymore in Win10 22H2: I have installed Win 10 pro 22H2 on a new computer. AS I have several PC's, I want to synchronise the background themes on all of them. In the past no problem and easy to setup.Now, I cannot find this possibility anymore to synchronise the background, and WIN10 isn't doing...
  3. Cannot sync themes anymore in Win10 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sync themes anymore in Win10 22H2: I have installed Win 10 pro 22H2 on a new computer. AS I have several PC's, I want to synchronise the background themes on all of them. In the past no problem and easy to setup.Now, I cannot find this possibility anymore to synchronise the background, and WIN10 isn't doing...
  4. Cannot sync themes anymore in Win10 22H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot sync themes anymore in Win10 22H2: I have installed Win 10 pro 22H2 on a new computer. AS I have several PC, I want to synchronise the background themes on all of them. In the past no problem.Now, I cannot find the possibility anymore to synchronise the backgroudn, and win 10 isn't doing this aymore.Is this...
  5. Will my theme be synced with "Other Windows Settings" ticked in "Remember my preferences?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will my theme be synced with "Other Windows Settings" ticked in "Remember my preferences?": If I have a custom/saved theme for Windows, will it be synced on another device if this option is ticked, and if not then how is it done?Is there also any way to sync the position of my desktop icons with Windows, or is that not possible on 21H2 version of Windows 11?...
  6. Will my theme be synced with "Other Windows Settings" ticked in "Remember my preferences?"

Will my theme be synced with "Other Windows Settings" ticked in "Remember my preferences?": If I have a custom/saved theme for Windows, will it be synced on another device if this option is ticked, and if not then how is it done?Is there also any way to sync the position of my desktop icons with Windows, or is that not possible on 21H2 version of Windows 11?...
  7. Why isn’t the theme setting for sync showing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why isn’t the theme setting for sync showing?: Just like the title says, I’m not getting a option to turn on syncing for theme submitted by /u/DueOscar1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/weaj6m/why_isnt_the_theme_setting_for_sync_showing/
  8. Windows 10 Sync - no Theme sync available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Sync - no Theme sync available: Bought a new notebook. Set Win 10 Home up. But the theme are not syncing. In sync setting there is no Theme sync available at all. Looked at other PC's with Win10 Pro - on some the Theme sync is available, on other isn't,Why and how to fix?...
  9. Windows 10 Sync - no Theme sync available

Windows 10 Sync - no Theme sync available: Bought a new notebook. Set Win 10 Home up. But the theme are not syncing. In sync setting there is no Theme sync available at all. Looked at other PC's with Win10 Pro - on some the Theme sync is available, on other isn't,Why and how to fix?...
  10. Windows 10 Sync - no Theme sync available

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Theme Settings in Control Panel synced

2. windows how to edit synced theme