Windows 10: Synching "personal background photo" in Windows 10 Windows 10 Home 1809?

Discus and support Synching "personal background photo" in Windows 10 Windows 10 Home 1809? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use/support multiple Microsoft account identities on four different computers. All are running the current Windows 10 Home software for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZundapMan, Feb 7, 2019.

1. ZundapMan Win User

Synching "personal background photo" in Windows 10 Windows 10 Home 1809?

I use/support multiple Microsoft account identities on four different computers. All are running the current Windows 10 Home software for the particular hardware platform. One of the account identities has a background photo which does not correctly "synch" to all of the other computers, and I have forgotten where I stored the original .jpg file used when I set up the account.

There appears to be no way to find the file link that was established to the photo when the first computer using that photo was set up. All I want to do is have all my desktops consistent so that the user of the computer is sure they are logged into their account and not one belonging to another family member that just happened to be left open. This is analogous to having a different slide show for each user of the same device, or any other configuration of desktop background options.

Note on networking: All of my computers that synch correctly except one have a connection to the internet that they can share except the "problem child" which is connected to a corporate wireless network which provides access to the internet through "guest" credentials administered by people I can't control. I can change the wireless credentials to another network with a different level of security but I must not leave those credentials with the computer when I leave because it is frequently a public "Kiosk" that I have volunteered to maintain and help solve user issues in a semi-public community library setting.

When my Microsoft account is active on that computer, it has full "Administrator" privileges, and logs in directly to my Microsoft account. I would simply copy the original background photo to a memory stick and plug it into that computer temporarily so I could set the background I want except for finding the original photo in the family mess that tends to loose edits to originals used for purposes like setting a background that properly fits the screen and has the right intensity and hues for the monitor that was used when the edits were done.

:)

ZundapMan, Feb 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Synching "personal background photo" in Windows 10 Windows 10 Home 1809? - Similar Threads - Synching personal background

2. windows 10 home--The personalization setting for display background photo album is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 home--The personalization setting for display background photo album is...: The personalization setting for display background photo album is defaulting to a different phot album without any change being input. I have selected this file----- this pc>pictures>saved pictures. It seems to change every time the pc updates or if the power goes out....
  3. Windows 10 Home 1809 Update Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home 1809 Update Error: When I try to update my laptop the percentage only goes up to 97% and than stops updating , restarts and than says "Undoing changes Please". It has been doing it for some time and when it starts undoing changes it take ages to get back up and running . Please help me with...
  4. Desktop background not synching

Desktop background not synching: Hi, When I first bought my SP7 surface pro 7, and I unboxed it, when I was setting it up, it automatically loaded my screen saver and all the files I had on my other computer, probably through onedrive, and I loved it. However I recently sent it back to be exchanged. But...
  5. Windows 10 home 1809 update question

Windows 10 home 1809 update question: Greetings I recently tried to install the 1809 update yesterday via using the check for updates option, I have windows 10 64-bit. However, the installed failed If I'm understanding that if this happens that Windows 10 will just keep the 1803 build. I've ran the windows...
  6. Synching "personal background photo" in Windows 10 Windows 10 Home 1809?

Synching "personal background photo" in Windows 10 Windows 10 Home 1809?: I use/support multiple Microsoft account identities on four different computers. All are running the current Windows 10 Home software for the particular hardware platform. One of the account identities has a background photo which does not correctly "synch" to all of the...
  7. Windows 10 (Home) update 1809 not installing

Windows 10 (Home) update 1809 not installing: Windows Update is not download/inginstalling build 1809. When I use the Update tool it downloads the update and starts the installation. Eventually the computer reboots and continues the update. At about 30% complete the computer reboots, and briefly displays a message about...
  8. Windows 10 1809 Home single language

Windows 10 1809 Home single language: Boot newly Installed Windows 10 1809 Home single language (and also Pro 1809) causes error: DRIVER UNLOAD WITHOUT CANCELLING PENDING OPERATIONS. Problem caused by: dump WppRecorder.sys Unfortunately all suggested by microsoft methods to fix this didn't work, please help!...
  9. Windows 10 Photos app background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photos app background: Recently the default background for the Photos app on my Windows 10 desktop system changed from black to white. I do not recall changing any settings, and rebooting does not correct it. How do I change it back to black?...
  10. Can't add personal photo as Background.

Can't add personal photo as Background.: When I try to use Picture option to select an image of my own for a Background nothing happens when I click on the Browse button. The Browse button works if I select Slideshow, but not for Picture. Suggestions? 35976