Windows 10: Synching Photos in the People App Across Devices

Discus and support Synching Photos in the People App Across Devices in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried a forum search for this question but I couldn't find help. I have an Outlook.com account that I use on two Windows 10 phones, a Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PJLLB, Feb 19, 2019.

1. PJLLB Win User

Synching Photos in the People App Across Devices

I tried a forum search for this question but I couldn't find help.

I have an Outlook.com account that I use on two Windows 10 phones, a Windows 10 PC, and two Surface Pros. I use the People App with the same Outlook.com account on these devices. Although the complete list of contacts shows on each of the devices (and the lists appear complete), only some of the embedded photos show on the devices, except for one of the Windows 10 phones (which is where the photos were added). Some of the photos do show on the other devices. Strangely enough, when I use Edge to view People (https://outlook.live.com/people/) all photos show in the contacts listed using the browser.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get all photos to show on the synched devices? I've tried about everything I could find searching.

:)

PJLLB, Feb 19, 2019
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Feb 19, 2019
  3. RyanMcVay Win User
    Outlook People App Sync Photos

I appreciate your attempt to help but your article is basically focusing on synching to email account. My problem is more of an issue with the People app not synching the contact photos. The contacts themselves are present. Their photos are not.

I understand how these apps are supposed to work and they did work. The syncing still occurs its the contact/people photos are not being loaded. As I mentioned everything is perfect and as expected when viewing the people app online and even the Outlook.com.
    It's the people app which is part of the mail app on the phone, Surface Pro 3 and workstation that is not synching properly.

RyanMcVay, Feb 19, 2019
  4. RyanMcVay Win User

Outlook People App Sync Photos

Currently I am having an issue with the People app. I am not seeing any photos for my contacts on my Surface Pro 3, my workstation and my windows phone. I have LinkedIn, Twitter and Outlook.com all synced.

Here is what I am experiencing..and it's not a good experience:

• When I view my contacts on https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/people all the contacts have photos.
    • When I go into outlook.com and people I do not.
    • When I open the mail app and then go to People I have all the contact listings of people with email address but it only appears I have photos for those people that are in Skype.
    • When I open People on my Windows phone I have listing and only images for people with skype
    • I don't have any of my images that I used for accounts. They are gone completely. This is a shame because I no longer have a photo of my parents together for their contact information - my father past away.
    • I added the LinkedIn app to my phone thinking that might actually sync the photos. I see the contact photos in LinkedIn app but they still do not show in the People app

I guess the big question is this. Is the Outlook People app that runs on the browser different from the People app that is used on the phone and the mail app?

Then my next question is: Who the heck do I get these apps to synch?

I have removed the LinkedIn social media component from the People app from the browser and then reconnected.

I'm at a loss and getting frustrated.

RyanMcVay, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Synching Photos in the People App Across Devices - Similar Threads - Synching Photos App

2. Windows 11 Synch across multiple devices - app not opening on second device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Synch across multiple devices - app not opening on second device: Hi, I purchased a surface 7 a few months ago and had set it up with a few apps. I just purchased a Surface Laptop 4 and am synching across devices. When I synched initially, the apps did not work on my new Surface Laptop 4. I rebooted my surface 7 , and moved the app that was...
  3. Windows 11 Synch across multiple devices - app not opening on second device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Synch across multiple devices - app not opening on second device: Hi, I purchased a surface 7 a few months ago and had set it up with a few apps. I just purchased a Surface Laptop 4 and am synching across devices. When I synched initially, the apps did not work on my new Surface Laptop 4. I rebooted my surface 7 , and moved the app that was...
  4. People app doesn't synch Gmail entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People app doesn't synch Gmail entries: I just added an entry to the People app 10.2105.4.0 to be added to my Gmail account. It doesn't show there by logging directly to accounts.google.com through the web, even though I synch'ed the app with that account several times and it displays that it synch'ed.From my...
  5. People app doesn't synch Gmail entries

People app doesn't synch Gmail entries: I just added an entry to the People app 10.2105.4.0 to be added to my Gmail account. It doesn't show there by logging directly to accounts.google.com through the web, even though I synch'ed the app with that account several times and it displays that it synch'ed.From my...
  6. Photos app not recognizing people

Photos app not recognizing people: I've been trying the new photos people face recognition app and it seems quite inconsistent/ One time it works OK and now it doesn't work at all. I've had it running for several days and its not collected a single face. I've tried turning it on and off, uninstalling and...
  7. People app in windows 10 not synching pictures

People app in windows 10 not synching pictures: I'm using a windows 10 pc with Office 365, all contacs that I save are saved without the contact picture. Contact pictures are shown in Mail app but not in the People app nor the phone or any other place synching. The account is new and has not worked from the beginning....
  8. synch people to icloud

synch people to icloud: I set up mail to sync with Icloud. My calendar syncs but not my contacts. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synch-people-to-icloud/9c7bcb41-0c3e-4efc-9978-090bcb185594
  9. "People" feature of Photos app

"People" feature of Photos app: The "People" feature in the Photos app is only showing photos up to February 2018. How do I get that "People" feature to add photos taken after that date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-feature-of-photos-app/f96cef5d-d822-42b0-ba76-3b303590c500
  10. Photo App people tagging

Photo App people tagging: I have installed a new hard drive with a clean install of Windows 10 Home, Version 1809. I was hoping the photo app would re-scan my photos and tag them, but it seems to have halted with less than twenty photos tagged. The app does show all photos in my Pictures folder....