Windows 10: Synchronization / How to stop One Drive from adding masses of unwanted files?

Discus and support Synchronization / How to stop One Drive from adding masses of unwanted files? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear devs, If I want to add a file to one drive synchronization, then I will add a file to the one drive synchronization! With every half-year... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkusAlpers, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Synchronization / How to stop One Drive from adding masses of unwanted files?

Dear devs,

If I want to add a file to one drive synchronization, then I will add a file to the one drive synchronization!

With every half-year update it's the same: One drive starts synchronizing masses of files on one computer e.g. on the desktop that I do NOT want to be synchronized.

e.g. I do not need the same links on the desktop of every computer I use.

So when I tried to uncheck the option for "desktop synchronization" I got a rejection because the synchronization MUST BE FINISHED before it can be stopped. So I stopped the synchronization and guess what: Now I can't open the settings anymore. Who the hell came up with that idea? Did you take in former Apple developers?!

Some Regards,

Markus Alpers

:)

MarkusAlpers, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Delete unwanted files

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please help us with the details requested below:

• When you say, “SYSTEM DRIVE” are you referring to System Reserved Partition or the drive where windows is installed?
    • Which unwanted files are you referring?

If you are running out of space on your computer, you may want to refer the suggestions mentioned in the article

Free up drive space in Windows 10

Please reply with more information to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 17, 2020
  3. How to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive?

I use the external drive
    for File History and have a lot of information there. I want to restart the File History process on a new drive and place the previous File History drive off-site.

Please suggest the steps to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive.

CindyRomero, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Synchronization / How to stop One Drive from adding masses of unwanted files?

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Synchronization / How to stop One Drive from adding masses of unwanted files?

1. Synchronization / How to stop One Drive from adding masses of unwanted files? - Similar Threads - Synchronization stop Drive

2. Unwanted ad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted ad: My new Windows 11 has the annoying habit of when the user leaves for a while, when returning, the OS has called up an ad for MS products displayed on on Bing.. I want the unwanted feature to go away....
  3. Unwanted ad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted ad: My new Windows 11 has the annoying habit of when the user leaves for a while, when returning, the OS has called up an ad for MS products displayed on on Bing.. I want the unwanted feature to go away....
  4. Stop One Drive from syncing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop One Drive from syncing files: Please help me. I want to stop all sorts of automatic backing up my files to One Drive. But if I stop backing up or unlink the pc, my "Desktop" , "Documents" , & "Pictures" folder also goes away from my file explorer and only stays in the in the C:\Users\$USERNAME\One Drive...
  5. Stop One Drive from syncing files

Stop One Drive from syncing files: Please help me. I want to stop all sorts of automatic backing up my files to One Drive. But if I stop backing up or unlink the pc, my "Desktop" , "Documents" , & "Pictures" folder also goes away from my file explorer and only stays in the in the C:\Users\$USERNAME\One Drive...
  6. How to stop one drive from synching

How to stop one drive from synching: Hi! I accidentally started synching my one drive and it is now synching more than 100gb of photos to the cloud. I don't really want this or need this either. This happened before and I was able to stop backup under accounts then windows back up.Now the option is gone, I don't...
  7. How to stop one drive from synching

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop one drive from synching: Hi! I accidentally started synching my one drive and it is now synching more than 100gb of photos to the cloud. I don't really want this or need this either. This happened before and I was able to stop backup under accounts then windows back up.Now the option is gone, I don't...
  8. How to stop one drive from synching

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Unwanted ads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted ads: HI, I have a laptop that is less than a year old. Has antivirus etc. Ads keep popping up on the home screen, not when I have an internet browser open, and there is no option to stop seeing ads etc. They are ads for random products, apps etc, a lot of them misogynistic and...
  10. How to stop onedrive from syncing unwanted files?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop onedrive from syncing unwanted files?: I'd like to set my one drive to only store and save screenshots. Is it possible? - A bit off topic Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-onedrive-from-syncing-unwanted-files/95560840-7a0a-497d-89bc-0c9b45b4433a