Windows 10: Synchronization of Folders

Discus and support Synchronization of Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been trying to configure the latest version of Google Drive for Desktop which was formerly called Backup and Sync but have not been able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vlad6, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Vlad6 Win User

Synchronization of Folders

I have been trying to configure the latest version of Google Drive for Desktop which was formerly called Backup and Sync but have not been able to reach the intended goal. Can someone explain step by step how to achieve the following?Synchronize a certain folder on one computer with a folder with the same name on another computer, as well as with a folder with the same name in the Google Drive storage on the Internet. Only the folder with this name has to be synchronized between the computers and the Drive storage on the Internet. The items in other folders in Google Drive internet storage a

:)

Vlad6, Aug 31, 2021

2. Myphone doesn't synchronize folders in SMS

I have many folders in SMS that I am using to manage my messages. Myphone is not synchronizing messages in folders.. any suggestions..?

Lukinmyeyes, Aug 31, 2021
  3. Synchronize Folders

Is there any simple way to synchronize folders on the same drive? On two different drives on same PC? On two different networked PCs?

conradmetz, Aug 31, 2021
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Synchronization of Folders - Similar Threads - Synchronization Folders

2. Storing OneDrive synchronized folders in different places on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storing OneDrive synchronized folders in different places on hard drive.: I'm trying to achieve following scenario but with no luck:1. I have two folders synchronized with OneDrive- folderA- folderB2. By default both of these folders occupy following path on my computer:C:/Users/some_user/OneDrive/So the directory structure looks like...
  3. Storing OneDrive synchronized folders in different places on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storing OneDrive synchronized folders in different places on hard drive.: I'm trying to achieve following scenario but with no luck:1. I have two folders synchronized with OneDrive- folderA- folderB2. By default both of these folders occupy following path on my computer:C:/Users/some_user/OneDrive/So the directory structure looks like...
  4. Storing OneDrive synchronized folders in different places on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I synchronize files and folders betwee computers on windows 11 LAN without using the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I synchronize files and folders betwee computers on windows 11 LAN without using the...: Since SyncToy has been discontinued, how do I synchronize files and folders between computers on windows 11 LAN without using the cloud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-synchronize-files-and-folders-betwee/a84ee17d-1ef0-4b47-8b50-6c7099f5900f
  6. How do I synchronize files and folders betwee computers on windows 11 LAN without using the...

How do I synchronize files and folders betwee computers on windows 11 LAN without using the...: Since SyncToy has been discontinued, how do I synchronize files and folders between computers on windows 11 LAN without using the cloud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-synchronize-files-and-folders-betwee/a84ee17d-1ef0-4b47-8b50-6c7099f5900f
  7. I have just lost the icon to synchronize folders from a local network so files are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have just lost the icon to synchronize folders from a local network so files are...: Until a couple of minutes ago, I was able to keep a copy of some folders locally and in a external hardrive connected at a local network at homeYou opened a folder on the net, then on right click ther was an option like "Synchronize" so a hard copy was available at your...
  8. I have just lost the icon to synchronize folders from a local network so files are...

I have just lost the icon to synchronize folders from a local network so files are...: Until a couple of minutes ago, I was able to keep a copy of some folders locally and in a external hardrive connected at a local network at homeYou opened a folder on the net, then on right click ther was an option like "Synchronize" so a hard copy was available at your...
  9. Windows Folder Mirroring / Synchronization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Folder Mirroring / Synchronization: Hi,Can anyone tell me if Windows 10 has a feature that would allow me to synchronize the contents of a local folder with the contents of a folder on a server?I'd like this synchronization to be "one way", meaning that users with appropriate permissions will only add, modify,...
  10. Windows Folder Mirroring / Synchronization

Windows Folder Mirroring / Synchronization: Hi,Can anyone tell me if Windows 10 has a feature that would allow me to synchronize the contents of a local folder with the contents of a folder on a server?I'd like this synchronization to be "one way", meaning that users with appropriate permissions will only add, modify,...