Windows 10: Synchronize the desktop background in two monitors

Discus and support Synchronize the desktop background in two monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Have Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2.Have 2 monitors TVs used as monitors.An Asus 1080p monitor 2 and an LG 4K monitor 1.The desktop background is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Timos_99, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Timos_99 Win User

Synchronize the desktop background in two monitors

Have Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2.Have 2 monitors TVs used as monitors.An Asus 1080p monitor 2 and an LG 4K monitor 1.The desktop background is different for each of these monitors.The "Multiple displays" setting is set to "Extend these displays".Because they are different resolutions the "Duplicate these displays" option does not work well. Also, due to gaming, having the displays display different programs is a must.Is there a way to set the same background for both displays without setting the "Multiple displays" to "Duplicate these displays"?

:)

Timos_99, Aug 23, 2022
  2. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Aug 23, 2022
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 23, 2022
  4. KaiDai Win User

How to stop monitor background slideshows from synchronizing after waking?

I have a triple monitor setup, with the middle (main) monitor being 1440p and the other two on either side as 1080p screens.

My background is set to slideshow from a folder with a bunch of backgrounds, with picture changes every 30 minutes and shuffle on.

Starting from a reboot, all three monitors have separate backgrounds, and every 30 min, they all change (behavior I would like.) However, after waking up from sleep, the middle monitor's background is always synchronized to one of the side monitors. Instead
    of pictures being like 123, it's 112 or 122 instead. When I proceed to the next desktop background, the middle monitor will change backgrounds, and the side monitor that it -wasn't- synchronized to will change with it. So the progression looks like: 112
    -> 133 -> 443 -> 455, etc.

Has anyone else come across this issue and solved it without installing a third party background program?

Edit: nagging email tells me I should update this post in case it's not answered. Well, here's the update - it still happens.

KaiDai, Aug 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Synchronize the desktop background in two monitors - Similar Threads - Synchronize desktop background

2. Synchronize the desktop background in two monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synchronize the desktop background in two monitors: Have Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2.Have 2 monitors TVs used as monitors.An Asus 1080p monitor 2 and an LG 4K monitor 1.The desktop background is different for each of these monitors.The "Multiple displays" setting is set to "Extend these displays".Because they are different...
  3. Synchronize the desktop background in two monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synchronize the desktop background in two monitors: Have Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2.Have 2 monitors TVs used as monitors.An Asus 1080p monitor 2 and an LG 4K monitor 1.The desktop background is different for each of these monitors.The "Multiple displays" setting is set to "Extend these displays".Because they are different...
  4. Independent backgrounds on two monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Independent backgrounds on two monitors: I have two monitors and a bunch of cool space art pictures i wanna put on them. I want a single picture to stay on one screen and a slideshow of all the others on the second screen. Is there a way to do it? Maybe some program for that? I'd appreciate any help, thank you....
  5. Multiple monitor desktop background help.

Multiple monitor desktop background help.: Hi, I was hoping somebody knows how to set this up. I have two curved monitors on my desk. And then I have another monitor and a sketch tablet on another desk facing a different direction, they are all hooked up to the same machine. So 4 displays total. The two curved...
  6. Synchronizing two computers

Synchronizing two computers: I am hesitating building a PC because it will be a lot of trouble to constantly transfer files from my laptop to the desktop and vice versa. I was wondering if there is a way to sync everything from both computers automatically. And I mean not just settings and some folders,...
  7. Virtual desktops on two monitors

Virtual desktops on two monitors: Is there a way to isolate workspaces among two displays. When I switch desktop on one screen, the desktop switches on the second screen also. How can I change this? submitted by /u/mithunvinayagamop3t [link] [comments]...
  8. Desktop Background different on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Background different on dual monitors: Windows 10 Pro. Two monitors: Monitor 1 is 3840 X 2160. Monitor 2 set to Main Display is 1920 X 1080. The Desktop Background is set to "Slideshow" and "Fit" The Desktop Background is different for the two monitors though they change at the same time. If I set the background...
  9. Dual Monitors - Synchronizing Slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitors - Synchronizing Slideshow: Hi, Upgraded to Win 10 (from Win 7) on Friday, very impressed. The only problem I'm having is that I have two monitors operating in dual mode and previously used to run a slideshow as the background and the same photo was shown on both monitors. In windows 10 for some...
  10. need to synchronize between two folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need to synchronize between two folders: Hi Am sorting out hundreds of photos for archiving, need to add them to final folder and delete from the source folder...I have a complete backup on another partition, which I have to copy to at the end of each session to keep them both up to date.....I hear there is an MS...