Windows 10: Synchronize Windows Time Server at Logon?

Discus and support Synchronize Windows Time Server at Logon? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; What I'm looking for is a file or script or some way to have Windows 10 Pro v1909 update with the Windows Time Server automatically at system logon.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Silverhand92, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Synchronize Windows Time Server at Logon?

What I'm looking for is a file or script or some way to have Windows 10 Pro v1909 update with the Windows Time Server automatically at system logon. The reason for this is that my system is a dual-boot setup with a Linux distro, and when I have been using the other OS, the time shows up as something like: 23:59, when the actual time is only 16:00 (Yes, I use military time, and that's 4 PM.)

So, what I want to do is have something setup to synchronize the system's time on login so that I don't have to continuously reset it manually after a reboot.

:)

Silverhand92, Dec 11, 2019
  2. tfwul Win User

Synchronize Clock with an Internet Time Server in Windows 10  

With me the Windows time is about 2-3 minutes off.

I did try to resync
    Control Panel\Clock, Language and Region->Tab Internet Time change settings
    using both time.windows.com and time.nist.gov
    no change

then w32tm /resync
    then set services.msc windows time->automatic

still no change.

didn't go thru the steps of Joanne: would not know where to find this 'SpecialPollInterval'-thing.

discovered this 'wrong windows time' as I normally set all clocks and my wristwatch to Windows.
    Updated all times when changing from Feb. 29 to march 01 and started missing the news on the radio and tv.

Will not be using Windows time anymore.

=

Synchronize Windows Time Server at Logon? [​IMG]

Synchronize Windows Time Server at Logon? [​IMG]

tfwul, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Joanne Win User

Hey Brink

Just passing by to say that I face "difficulties" with Windows Clock synchronization, as well. Initially, on my main OS (Windows 10 Pro build 10586.71), I had the clock left on its default settings. From time to time I went and tried to sync manually but I had to try twice or thrice for my computer clock to synchronize with the time servers Windows 10 provides by default.

I then went and set it to synchronize every 24 hours instead of the X number of days it takes by default. I changed the number of seconds, you know what I mean. Well...it does not work and I do not know why. Then I went on and added a couple more time servers, following a tutorial from Vista forums. The newly added time servers work, so the clock synchronizes more easily but still it does not do it 24 hours after the last synchronization, as I have set it up to. So, now I synchronize the time manually.

Any ideas what I could try?

Thank you.

Joanne, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Synchronize Windows Time Server at Logon?

Hello Joanne, Synchronize Windows Time Server at Logon? :)

I assume that the tutorial below is the one you used to set the sync interval.

Internet Time Synchronization Update Interval

If your time is always off, then you might also check your BIOS/UEFI time to see if it's set correctly, and if the CMOS battery on the motherboard may be weak or dead.

Brink, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Synchronize Windows Time Server at Logon?

1. Synchronize Windows Time Server at Logon? - Similar Threads - Synchronize Server Logon

2. My Server having Windows Server 2019 is not synchronizing the time with Master Clock...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Server having Windows Server 2019 is not synchronizing the time with Master Clock...: My Server having Windows Server 2019 is not synchronizing the time with Master Clock system. Kindly note that servers are running in Domain environment. What could be possible solution?...
  3. My Server having Windows Server 2019 is not synchronizing the time with Master Clock...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Server having Windows Server 2019 is not synchronizing the time with Master Clock...: My Server having Windows Server 2019 is not synchronizing the time with Master Clock system. Kindly note that servers are running in Domain environment. What could be possible solution?...
  4. Time not synchronizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time not synchronizing: Synchronizing with internet time server stopped working a few weeks ago in Windows 10. Doesn't matter the time server. I already set the w32time service to Automatic, started and unregistered and re-registered it, ran SFC, and everything else I see in the forums to try. I...
  5. Time not synchronizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time not synchronizing: Synchronizing with internet time server stopped working a few weeks ago in Windows 10. Doesn't matter the time server. I already set the w32time service to Automatic, started and unregistered and re-registered it, ran SFC, and everything else I see in the forums to try. I...
  6. Time not synchronizing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows Time synchronization failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Time synchronization failed: The time service won't run, causing my computer's time to run ahead and out of sync. I have gone through everything I can within this guide within services, all of the options are greyed out in trying to run any of the commands: net stop w32time w32tm /unregister w32tm...
  8. Synchronizing internet time servers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Synchronizing internet time servers: Hello, I am trying to sync computers to the internet time server time.nist.gov. I have created a script where a registry key has been updated to point to the proper server and it works but the time does not automatically synchronize to it. Is there a way to automate this...
  9. Windows Time synchronizing error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Time synchronizing error: I'm facing a time synchronization error in my laptop which runs in Windows 10 Home as show in the image below.[ATTACH] The error looks as shown below. [ATTACH] The last time synchronization is dating way back to 2015. My laptop was running on widows 10 since 2019. To...
  10. Synchronize Clock with an Internet Time Server in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Synchronize Clock with an Internet Time Server in Windows 10: How to: Synchronize Clock with an Internet Time Server in Windows 10 How to Synchronize Clock with an Internet Time Server in Windows 10 Your PC's clock is used to record the time whenever you create or modify files on your PC. You can change the clock's time zone[/b]....