Windows 10: Synchronizing internet time servers

Discus and support Synchronizing internet time servers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to sync computers to the internet time server time.nist.gov. I have created a script where a registry key has been updated to point... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SageSure, Nov 20, 2020.

1. SageSure Win User

Synchronizing internet time servers

Hello,

I am trying to sync computers to the internet time server time.nist.gov. I have created a script where a registry key has been updated to point to the proper server and it works but the time does not automatically synchronize to it.

Is there a way to automate this box to be checked?

Synchronizing internet time servers 10f433f2-0b3d-44c6-ac23-0ca457505b39?upload=true.png

:)

SageSure, Nov 20, 2020
  2. tfwul Win User

Synchronize Clock with an Internet Time Server in Windows 10  

With me the Windows time is about 2-3 minutes off.

I did try to resync
    Control Panel\Clock, Language and Region->Tab Internet Time change settings
    using both time.windows.com and time.nist.gov
    no change

then w32tm /resync
    then set services.msc windows time->automatic

still no change.

didn't go thru the steps of Joanne: would not know where to find this 'SpecialPollInterval'-thing.

discovered this 'wrong windows time' as I normally set all clocks and my wristwatch to Windows.
    Updated all times when changing from Feb. 29 to march 01 and started missing the news on the radio and tv.

Will not be using Windows time anymore.

=

Synchronizing internet time servers [​IMG]

Synchronizing internet time servers [​IMG]

tfwul, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Synchronize Clock with an Internet Time Server in Windows 10  

Hello tfwul, Synchronizing internet time servers :)

Are you getting a successful sync using OPTION ONE?

You last screenshot from using OPTION TWO show that is was not able to sync with the time server.

If you're not getting successful syncs in a row, then you may need to keep trying different time servers until you find a more reliable one.

Here's the tutorial below for SpecialPollInterval that's for how to increase the update interval for Internet time synchronization to have it check and sync more often.

Internet Time Synchronization Update Interval

Brink, Nov 20, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Windows fails to synchronize with internet time - it times out

Hi,

You might have a different Date and Time configuration that's why your Windows fails to synchronize with
    Internet Time. To have this checked, try to change the server in your Internet Time Settings by following the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Date and Time.
    • Click on the Internet Time tab: then, click on Change settings.
    • Try to change or choose the Server, tick on the Update now, and click on
      OK.

Let us know the results after following the resolution provided.

John Sarc, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Synchronizing internet time servers - Similar Threads - Synchronizing internet servers

2. Time and clock can't synchronize to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time and clock can't synchronize to internet: Hi,No matter what I do, I can't synchronize my windows clock to any time server. Tried a few different ones already and no success. Also tried a dozen tutorials over the internet on w32time and so on, and also no success.In general, I wouldn't mind, but web apps on Edge keep...
  3. Time and clock can't synchronize to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time and clock can't synchronize to internet: Hi,No matter what I do, I can't synchronize my windows clock to any time server. Tried a few different ones already and no success. Also tried a dozen tutorials over the internet on w32time and so on, and also no success.In general, I wouldn't mind, but web apps on Edge keep...
  4. Time and clock can't synchronize to internet

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Time not synchronizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time not synchronizing: Synchronizing with internet time server stopped working a few weeks ago in Windows 10. Doesn't matter the time server. I already set the w32time service to Automatic, started and unregistered and re-registered it, ran SFC, and everything else I see in the forums to try. I...
  6. Time not synchronizing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Time not synchronizing: Synchronizing with internet time server stopped working a few weeks ago in Windows 10. Doesn't matter the time server. I already set the w32time service to Automatic, started and unregistered and re-registered it, ran SFC, and everything else I see in the forums to try. I...
  7. Internet Time not Synchronizing to time.windows.com

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Time not Synchronizing to time.windows.com: Hi im getting timeout period error on synchronizing to time.windows.com for this i contacted my isp to check for the problem and after testing they sent me the response and told that my ip is blocked by microsoft. Below is the response i am attaching Dear Customer,...
  8. Synchronize Windows Time Server at Logon?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Synchronize Windows Time Server at Logon?: What I'm looking for is a file or script or some way to have Windows 10 Pro v1909 update with the Windows Time Server automatically at system logon. The reason for this is that my system is a dual-boot setup with a Linux distro, and when I have been using the other OS, the...
  9. Internet time synchronation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet time synchronation: Whenever I click to sync time it always adds 6 minutes to the next time check Why the 6 minutes are added? example this morning I see synced at 05:29am next scheduled sync is at 2:35pm....
  10. Synchronize Clock with an Internet Time Server in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Synchronize Clock with an Internet Time Server in Windows 10: How to: Synchronize Clock with an Internet Time Server in Windows 10 How to Synchronize Clock with an Internet Time Server in Windows 10 Your PC's clock is used to record the time whenever you create or modify files on your PC. You can change the clock's time zone[/b]....